First time grower

IntoTheClouds

My first grow, ive been reading and watching you tube videos, asking around, the whole 9. Just wanna make sure im not heading in the wrong direction here with my products. Im most worried about my watering and feeding methods and whether or not ill be doing enough for the plant. Here is a list of things ill be using during my grow:

Grow Space: 4x4 grow tent
Light: Platinum LED p450
Nutes:
General Organics​
-FloraNova Grow
-Bio Root
-Floralicious Plus
(These are Veg state Nutes)
Soil: ProMix HP
Seeds: AmsterdamMarajuanaseeds.com White Widow (feminized)

I have everything but the seeds (which are a couple days late now...) i bought them 12 days ago with "guarenteed shipping" option still nothing, paid 100$ for 10 seeds.

Anyways i plan on germinating the seeds and using rockwool for 5 seeds and soil (ProMix) for the other 5 (just as a learning process to see which is better). I have 4 x One Gal. pots, 4 x Two Gal. Pots and 4 x Five Gal. Pots.

My main questions are as follows...
1. How often should i water? (LED lights are suppose to be less)
2. Should i water with "Nutes" every time?
3. Will i have to add more ProMix to my pots during this 3-4 month grow period?
4. Can rockwool cubes be transplanted directly into pot-and-soil for veg?

Any help is appreciated, thank you, David

How's it going man? you get your seeds yet? Great light choice, I just added a P600 to my grow and I love it! I have a link to my journal in my signature you should check it out!
As for your questions
1. you should water when your plants need it...know the weight of the plant when it has been watered and water it when it gets light.
2. I grow organically so I can't really give you advice on nutes and when to use them but I feed mine their tea about every other watering...weeks 4-6 they get it pretty much every water.
3. You should repot as needed usually 3 times in the plants life...I go from solo cup to 1 gallon airpot and then to a 5 gallon smart pot.
4. I don't use rockwool, I use peet pellets but I'm pretty sure that you can plant the rockwoll into the soil.

I hope that this helps and good luck on your grow

So................Still no damn seeds... Light came in tho! Got my Platinum LED p450 in the mail today, woohoo!! good condition no dings or whatever, and very discrete. Anywho, went down to my local grow shop looking for a pH pen and they guy was asking me what kind of soil i was using? i told him ProMix HP he told me just to use organic soil and dont even trip on the pH pen. He said since im using General Organics nutes that he wouldnt even trip on buying a pH pen, than recanted and said "Well, you can if you want but i dont check my pH and so-n-so dosent check theres, they all use the same nutes and mix and pH is never a problem.

Also seems as tho Cal Mag may be out of the equation as well given the high hardness in the tap water in my area. i heard rust spots on the leaves is a good indicator of calcium deficiency, is that true? also i want to go out on a limb and assume that if youre soil growing indoor, using tap water, you should be cool not messing with cal mag since its not a huge necessity from the plant?

So, awaiting seeds... hopefully tomorrow :cheer: ill post some pics of my grow room tomorrow if anyone is curious, peace!

pH_chart71.jpeg

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies312.jpeg

Good luck.

The charts the rifleman posted are super helpful. If you are using tap water, make sure you let it sit out for at lest 24-48 hours so the chlorine can evaporate. If your city water uses Chloramine, you will have to take other measures to get rid of the chlorine in the water.

Get a pH pen!! It's one more tool that an help you identify problems with your grow!

My main questions are as follows...
1. How often should i water? (LED lights are suppose to be less)
2. Should i water with "Nutes" every time?
3. Will i have to add more ProMix to my pots during this 3-4 month grow period?
4. Can rockwool cubes be transplanted directly into pot-and-soil for veg?

Any help is appreciated, thank you, David

Q 1.Depends on size of pot & plant to how quickly it drys out... that is learning curve in it self to be honest.

Q 2. NO, once a week in veg should be fine, might want to start out with 1/4 to 1/2 strength ratio of nutrients in the beginning of early veg work up to full amount for last few weeks of veg. In flower 2 or 3 times a week should be alright, i normally do 2 feeds a week in flower first being full rate & 2nd at half rate a feed, water, feed, water regime is best used as to prevent salt/nutrient builds in soil/compost which may cause a PH imbalance & lock outs.

Q 3. Just fill ya plant pot up to the top with soil/compost that will do fine.

Q 4. Yes you can... from what i remember rock wool needs to be pre treated first ! other wise i may suggest some think else to germinate seeds in.

Quick question I have a T5 54w 6500k with 3 of the 4 bulbs working I can't get the new bulb for another 2 weeks will this effect my plants much?

Quick question I have a T5 54w 6500k with 3 of the 4 bulbs working I can't get the new bulb for another 2 weeks will this effect my plants much?

Thats an impossible question to answer without more information. Plants in veg I take it? How long? How many? How big is your grow area?

They have been vegging almost 3 weeks, 5 plants, and about 6X6

You should have a lot more light than that for 5 plants. Even without the missing bulb. Generally looking for 50w per plant at absolute minimum. 100w would be better

013792.JPG

016594.JPG

014715.JPG

My 4x4 Grow tent with my p450 Platinum LED grow light
My Seed/Veg Nutes
Roots Organics growing medium

Day 22: NO SEEDS!!
Just a note to anyone ordering from amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com it will take a while to get those seeds, not even sure about the quality of them yet but i will surely state good/bad somewhere.

Anyone know any seed banks in Washington state? Dont mind spending the money on good genetics, been waiting too long on these seeds to come in. i need a more reliable seed source. Thanks.

Dear Sirs begs you to help me. I have rectoom cancer. The doctor in the hospital wants to operate in a way that I cut into more places. All say they can with leyzer to clean and he crazy sick. on the internet I found that cannabis CBD leaflets cancer. One company promised via email that will give me 30% of. They've given up because they say I can not give because they offered me one and I when I filled the form's computer did not give 30%. Please I am a pensioner. Tell me where I can find the cheapest CBD. Help me. I have a granddaughter paralyzed and I and my wife take care of her and now I have to die, it will not. Leaflets are currently soda bicarbonate and grass of wheat. Please help me where to find my email pazi2001@hotmail.com advance thanks

013792.JPG

016594.JPG

014715.JPG

My 4x4 Grow tent with my p450 Platinum LED grow light
My Seed/Veg Nutes
Roots Organics growing medium

Day 22: NO SEEDS!!
Just a note to anyone ordering from amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com it will take a while to get those seeds, not even sure about the quality of them yet but i will surely state good/bad somewhere.

Anyone know any seed banks in Washington state? Dont mind spending the money on good genetics, been waiting too long on these seeds to come in. i need a more reliable seed source. Thanks.

Hi, first time on this forum. I ordered from amsterdam and the first order got lost, they asked me for a rating 3 weeks after they sent them and I told them I could'nt give them one since I did'nt recieve them and they recent the order and I did get that one. I germanated 6 of the seeds and all poped. Hope this helps.

Hi, first time on this forum. I ordered from amsterdam and the first order got lost, they asked me for a rating 3 weeks after they sent them and I told them I could'nt give them one since I did'nt recieve them and they recent the order and I did get that one. I germanated 6 of the seeds and all poped. Hope this helps.

You ordered from the same website I did or was it another? Also, what strain did you buy? how did it grow,well? where they fem-seeds? did you get any males?

The website i ordered from stated:

Dear David,

Unfortunately 21 OFFICE days is not uncommon.

Especially not for mail to the US with all the increased security measures nowadays. We've had US customers whom had to wait up to 6(!) weeks for their order to arrive. However we sincerely regret this delay, we unfortunately have no control whatsoever over the postal service. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

But please don't worry! You have paid for guaranteed delivery and we will honor our agreement.

Could you please keep us posted on arrival?

Best regards,

Support team Amsterdam MS

Sucks to hear but... Damnit, cant win them all. Im in the process of looking for some seeds in washington state in the meantime. I want good genetics in the seeds i choose and feminized, no autos.

I'm not sure if it was with the same company, but it sounds like them.

I had ordered them and got them the day before I left on a month long get-a-away and I just threw them in the frezzer,( something I would'nt recomond, lol.)

When I did get back I pulled them out and let them sit for a day and then opened the package and put 6 seeds in tap water, no clorine here, let them sit for 24 hours and then layed them on a paper towel and covered them. All of them grew tails and from there on I completly screwed up the grow prosess, lol. I did have the grow tent, but I did'nt have the right lights or the fan and I was trying to grow them like a regular garden.

I bought the Big Bud just because it was supposed to be easy to grow up here in Alaska, not looking to make a proffit off anything, kind of a hobby lets say.

After two weeks of miss handling and black thumbs I should pull these starts and start over, lol.

The plants I have that I did'nt kill lol, the stems are super long and are not growing.

I'm just getting started also so I can't say what sex that any of the seeds are, but from what I've seen from them they will treat you right, they give you 20 extra un-named seeds with your order.

Back
Top Bottom