I'm in the market for a cloner

Re: I'm in the market for a cloner.

DIY 50 site aero cloner for under $100.00

Aerocloner is the easiest way to clone, and pretty simple to adapt the idea to what you have available.

My current cloner is pieced together from what was laying around and costed 30 euros in parts .. airpump and airstone. Stems are just above the water .. results not yet in .. experiment running for 3 days now :p

Just sticking them in not too wet soil, works too :p

I have had very good success with one just like this.. Can,t beat the price..
31ZcBNwSbzL.jpg

Yup do a diy one. It will help you understand more. The only reason I have that 144 site turbo cloner and not the ones I made is I got it for Damn near free as a trial for a shop. But it is amazing

I Picked up one of these......
412Y59YVEUL.jpg

The reason this unit is so cool is, if you use rockwool or plugs or whatever, you can use 1.75 in netpots to start your newly popped seeds in as well. Since the rez is a good size, your seedlings can grow here until they are ready for the veg, or flower tent for that matter. ;) :thumb:

if one get's a little fish tank bubbler and sticks the hose in a glass of water containing a fresh cut clone,, is the principle the same as a store bought cloner? i am thinking and reading that just plain water might be the way to go,, a work in progress. i only do a couple at a time so don't want to buy anything.

These aerocloners have sprinklers .. if you are using an airstone, you'll need to lower the stems in the water .. itś what I do .. it works .. just take a few extra cuttings :p

ah, ok, thanks rubby, you rubby you,, good info, so then using a spray bottle and mist frequently,, and as far as taking more cuttings,, i already have a system that works, but i am trying to bring my success percentages up, like near 100%, so i don't have to take more cuttings,, and, i guess simply for reducing my overall work in the lab. if i don't have extra cuttings around trying to get successful clones, then i have less initial work, less maintenance and less use of supplies, in my tiny little lab ,, but i love the bubble idea,, and am trying to work it in, on a tiny scale to mach my tiny lab,, cheers, nivek

planetj, sorry, me a goof, thanks for the info pal,, appreciated

I actually just built one yesterday using a five gal bucket which if u have space issues u can use a 1-3 gal. Bucket i started it trying the PVC square with micro sprayers threaded in but they just weren't all spraying right or even spraying at all a couple just trickling so I took it off ran one piece of half inch schedule 40 PVC up to a sleeve with half inch male threads on other end and just screwed a plastic shrub sprinkler head sprays 360 degrees on it works good had a plumber friend that made one and used it for years glad I grabbed it for back up plan and it holds 14 cuts close to what u need plus its cheap and simple to build if more are needed most expensive part was the pump 350 gph fifteen dollars less than $20 completed damn tablet is being finniky I'll upload a pic in a min

Here it is nothing special but it works good I know he never had problem dont quite know his success rate but he used it for a long time years so I imagine he didn't lose very many but I'll find out how it works for me I'll start running her tomorrow or the next day results soon
IMG_20150204_013656.jpg
IMG_20150204_013640.jpg

so the bottoms of the clones don't sit in water? the water gets sprayed up onto the stalks? oh, I think I see now. much more difficult issue than sitting in water. and I guess the spray must be continuous? is this a different type of a cloner than a bubble cloner? kinda the opposite looks like. instead of spraying oxygen into a water mix, this one sprays water into an oxygen mix. do I have this right, or even close? cheers, nivek

You do not want the bottom of your clones setting in water.. A constant spray and for me I will usually see root growth from 6 - 9 day,s using plain water.. Happy growing..

so the bottoms of the clones don't sit in water? the water gets sprayed up onto the stalks? oh, I think I see now. much more difficult issue than sitting in water. and I guess the spray must be continuous? is this a different type of a cloner than a bubble cloner? kinda the opposite looks like. instead of spraying oxygen into a water mix, this one sprays water into an oxygen mix. do I have this right, or even close? cheers, nivek

You got it right nivek.

Bubblecloner, what I use, is the poor mans version of the aerocloner, which sprays a mist against the stalks. Results should be the same tho. In a bubblecloner, you DO want your stalks in the water.

Its really not complicated at all very simple and cheap 2 PVC sleeve to thread fittings30¢ each 7 inch long 1\2 inch diameter PVC pipe $1.98 for 10 ft. Pipe. And $15.00 on a viagro 350 gph pump and $2.74 on a sprinkler head $1.29 for 5 gal. Bucket 79¢ for the lid and finally $5.28 for net pots and neoprene collars grand total is around $25.00 and it took me a total of 10 minutes to open everything and put it together I couldn't bring myself to pay hundreds for the turbo cloner or ez cloner any of the name brand products that I can get the same results with for 25 bucks think I might put together a Lil bubbler one also I got an extra airpump and a couple airstones too just gotta go grab a small tub to set it up in see which works better or keep and use both who knows but u never can have to many options for growing that's what its about to trying everything u can so u learn and can pass ur knowledge on to others so we can help the cause

Back
Top Bottom