Supergroomer Tries to Clone with the Clone King 25

Dave Groomer

Alright everyone. I posted a little while back asking if anyone had used the Clone King 25. Lots of views but no responses. So I got one.

I can only speak for myself, but I have had trouble with cloning. I have had some clones turn out great, don't get me wrong. But I lose 3 clones for every one that makes it. I have gotten some great strains, but I would rather not have to keep buying seeds, especially if I find something that works well and I can make RSO from it.

Clone King 25

clone_king_25.jpg

I found this on ebay originally and they said nearly 100% success rate. I figured for $70 or so, what do I have to lose. Here is what the website has to say about the 25:

Product Description

The Clone King 25 Site Cloning Machine Utilizes An Aeroponic Cloning Method To Make Successful Cloning Quick And Easy. Plant Cuttings Are Suspended In Mid-Air Where They Are Sprayed Constantly By A Highly-Oxygenated Aeroponic Mist. Roots Will Start To Appear In As Little As 3-5 Days For Most Varieties. Aeroponic Cloning Provides A Cheap And Effective Way To Clone All Of Your Favorite Plant Varieties. The Clone King 25 Will Make You An Expert Cloner From Your Very First Cutting.

With The Clone King 25 you get everything you need to start cloning immediately.

Included are:

1 Reservoir 14″ x 14″ x 13″
1 Top of the line ViaAqua Submersible Water Pump with 1 year warranty and 315 GPH capacity
1 Spray Manifold with 13 Jet Mist Sprayers (No other cloning unit this size will boast this spray coverage)
25 2″ Net Cups
25 2″ High Density Neoprene Inserts (These will last the life of the machine)
1 1/4″ Plastic top cut to hold 25 2″ Net Cups (This is Extremely Rigid material and will never break). The top sits down in the reservoir to prevent any possibility of leakage or over spray.
Includes detailed easy to follow instructions on how to clone plants

We use the highest quality parts available to insure a long lasting successful product.

With our manifold and pump combination our spray coverage is unmatched you need to add nothing but water, your cuttings and light. Our system is totally organic, add no synthetic hormones, nutrients, or compounds.

Everyone will become a successful cloner on their first try!

Directions:

Take your cloner out of the box and assemble it. Assembly will take less then 5 minutes.
Fill the reservoir with water. The reservoir holds about 4 – 5 gallons of water when The Clone King is operating.
Take a cutting from your favorite plant.
Place the cutting inside a neoprene insert.
Place your insert and cutting in the machine.
Plug The Clone King in and your done.

Ease of Use:

We can not emphasize enough how easy this machine is to use. Anyone can be successful by following a few simple directions. Cloning your favorite plant is a snap. Even if you have absolutely no cloning experience at all you can have your Clone King 25 set up and running within 30 minutes. A 100% success rate is the norm when cloning with The Clone King 25. This is a time tested design that has had fantastic success with a multitude of plant species and varieties. Expect plants to root in half the time of a conventional system without the problem of wilting or the trouble of a humidity dome. The Clone King 25 creates explosive root development which will aid in all phases of your plants life producing greater vigor and yield. In as little as 3 days you will see tiny root bumps coming off of your cutting. In 5-7 days roots are formed and expanding rapidly. At the 10-14 day mark your newly rooted plants are ready to transplant into whatever growing medium you prefer. Your new clones will perform great in dirt, a hydroponic or aeroponic grow system as they move to the vegetative growth stage. The Clone King 25 can easily adjust to root anywhere from 1 to 25 cuttings. Do not be fooled by over priced cloning machines. This machine will work as well if not better than anything on the market at half of the price. The Clone King 25 is unmatched in its simplicity, quality and success rate.

Sounds great, right?

So here is what I got.

20150530_162229_resized.jpg

It was very well packed.

It took about 10 minutes to put it together. Put the spray head on the pump and mount the pump on the bottom of the reservoir.

20150530_163304_resized.jpg
20150530_163329_resized.jpg
20150530_163440_resized.jpg

Then fill it with plain tap water and you put the top on. They say not to use a dome or cloning solution. I am trying the first round exactly the way they direct.

20150530_163455_resized.jpg

It comes with 30 baskets (extras) and tops.

20150530_163802_resized.jpg
20150530_163812_resized.jpg

You cut your clone with a razor blade at 45 degree angle. They say do not split or scrape the cutting. Insert it into the top then into the basket.

20150530_164059_resized.jpg
20150530_164103_resized.jpg
20150530_164120_resized.jpg
20150530_164143_resized.jpg

Then I put them in the holes and plugged it in.

Supergroomer Tries to Clone with the Clone King 25

I took 4 clones from my Critical Silver Super Haze. 2 larger ones and 2 smaller ones. They say in 1 week the roots will be starting and by 2 weeks they will be ready to transplant. We will see. :peace:

I have one sort like it. But it is a bucket. I only use the baskets in it if I am putting rockwool in them from starting a seedlings. I will start the seed in a cube and then move it into a basket in the cloner till I get a nice long root to pull through the basket in my DWC. Otherwise I have found no need for them.

It has been working great for me. I do put some GH 3part at about 25% along with some z7 in mine. I am running at 100% rate over the past few months with it. Works great for clones and for making real strong seedlings to put in the DWC.

I think you are going to love having it. It is a real game changer. If you run into any issues with with the water. Try some z7 in it and it will stay nice and fresh the whole time. I have done them with and without cloning jell. It works fine both ways. But takes two to three days longer to get where I want without it. I like to leave mine in till I get about 6to8" of root so I can pull them through my DWC baskets to touch the water when I transplant.

Hope it all works out for you...

Looks real cool, but it's overkill for my needs, I currently only have room for 2-4 clones tops lol.

Definitely subbed to see the results though. I may need one in the future when I get more space.

That's all I have room for too!!! This is the smallest one they sell. I have 1 Dr. Kippling's Incredible Bulk that I want to start but I want to make sure that my cloning works. I am hoping this will be the stock for my RSO that I want to start making. :peace:

I think you are going to love having it. It is a real game changer. If you run into any issues with with the water. Try some z7 in it and it will stay nice and fresh the whole time. I have done them with and without cloning jell. It works fine both ways. But takes two to three days longer to get where I want without it. I like to leave mine in till I get about 6to8" of root so I can pull them through my DWC baskets to touch the water when I transplant.

So far so good. You are the first person that has said they have any experience with it. I started this thread to inform since I couldn't find anything on the Forums about it. Glad to hear you are having success with yours!! :peace:

Is z7 a rooting solution? I have CloneX rooting solution and gel. I decided not to use any this time since the directions said plain water. I figured I would do it according to the directions first time through. Next round I may add the CloneX.

z7 is a water treatment that keep the water clean and prevents root rot. It is amazing how well it works and you only use a few drops per gallon. I had a lot of issue with root rot in my DWC and I tried everything in the forum to fix it. The teas helped.But are a pain. When I bought my clone it came with a sample of z7 and over night all my root rot issues where gone.

It helps to hold the ph and it keeps my buckets spotless. I have tap water that is 9.4ph and comes from the lake with all kinds of bad things in it. With z7 that does not matter anymore. No more growing something for weeks and have everything going good until you wake up and see over night that root rot has set in.
That really sucks when that happens and it happened a lot before I started using it. I have not had even one case of it after that time.
It is very hot where I live and it is hard to keep my buckets much below 80f and with DWC you really want it below 75f or you setting yourself up for issues. z7 is what make DWC work for me. With out it I would of had to go back to dirt and that is something I really do not want to do.

I am small time and sometimes I need to leave something in the cloner for a while till I have room for it somewhere and the z7 and a little nutes help me do that.

Z7

CloneX has worked well for me in the past.

Is z7 a rooting solution? I have CloneX rooting solution and gel. I decided not to use any this time since the directions said plain water. I figured I would do it according to the directions first time through. Next round I may add the CloneX.

Yes by the end of week two they should be ready or real close to it. Some who transplant into dirt will transplant early when they first start getting bumps where the roots will be.

They put them in damp dirt at that time so that the roots pop into the dirt. I let mine grow long roots for DWC.

So you might do so testing to see what works best for you.

That's all I have room for too!!! This is the smallest one they sell. I have 1 Dr. Kippling's Incredible Bulk that I want to start but I want to make sure that my cloning works. I am hoping this will be the stock for my RSO that I want to start making. :peace:

I'm not trying to promote anything here just interjecting my opinion. I have always wanted to get a power cloner but 25 - 30 sites are too big for me. I'm a small time grower looking for 6- 10 maybe even smaller. I found this one a 4 site power cloner from modular hydro Hydroponics, Hydroponic Systems, Reverse Osmosis Water Filter Systems

I'm not trying to promote anything here just interjecting my opinion. I have always wanted to get a power cloner but 25 - 30 sites are too big for me. I'm a small time grower looking for 6- 10 maybe even smaller. I found this one a 4 site power cloner from modular hydro Hydroponics, Hydroponic Systems, Reverse Osmosis Water Filter Systems

That one looks good. A smaller version of mine. Had I seen that first...well I didn't. Maybe I will make extra clones for friends. :) :peace:

I am small time too. But I find I need more then 4 sites. Here is a cheap 8site one that works well.

I do not want to use RO. It takes to long and wastes to much water for me. I use z7 in my water and that takes away the need for RO.

s-l500a.jpg

Yes by the end of week two they should be ready or real close to it. Some who transplant into dirt will transplant early when they first start getting bumps where the roots will be.

They put them in damp dirt at that time so that the roots pop into the dirt. I let mine grow long roots for DWC.

So you might do so testing to see what works best for you.

I was planning a changing the water after the first week anyway. Maybe I will pull 2 and let the other 2 go for another week and see which works best. :peace:

Looking to get bud in bulk for personal though fuck these taxes man! 250 o's? I could be getting that off the street. Anyone grow their own willing to sell for cheap let me knoow!

Back
Top Bottom