Young outdoor Sativa nice pics - White Powdery Mildew found and treated

Six9

Outdoors is a 48 day old Acapulco Gold, not enough space indoors so out she went. Protected her against deer and sprayed with SM-90 a couple times, but didn't spray the base or stems. Saw some white stuff on the base and lower stems yesterday, learned it was White Powdery Mildew. It makes sense, I treated her with SM-90 foliar but didn't spray the base or stalks. She's seeing high temps and humidity with little to no breeze most days. Whole plant moist with dew in the mornings, perfect environment for WPM to propagate.

I went back and trimmed everything that could touch the ground, then wiped her down with paper towels saturated with SM-90 foliar. Quickly learned about WPM and 2 step treatment from Grow Weed Easy. Wipe away WPM with saturated paper towels then treat with SM-90. Her stalks are clean with no signs of WPM up the plant. Entire plant treated with SM-90 foliar.

A shout out to silicon as well. Started treating her with silicon last week and wow you should feel her stalk and stems, much stronger, stalk has thick skin and feels very solid. Now that she's clean and off the ground, time to let her bush out. She went out late and young, can only take care of her and see what happens :)

Should have taken better pics, but WPM was on all lower stalks

good looking plant, i used to grow massive sativa trees in cape town and used to battle mildew thanks to unexpected rain storms and dew. just made the move to full indoor and still dialing it in but think im still going to take a few clones outdoors after seeing your pics..lol

I don't know what SM-90 is but it's really weird for any outdoor cannabis to get PM in July. You either live in an extremely humid environment or you have a weak plant, but she looks ok to me. You might be getting septoria on the botom leaves. I hope I'm wrong cause it's impossible to cure. Constant rainfalls will do that to ya.

It's been very humid and hot, little rain though. Hopefully she's ok, I think the leaves are being chewed up by grasshoppers, no browning or spotting just missing leaf portions. SM-90 is a citrus oil based root stimulant that works for fungus and pest control many report. Something isn't bothered by it though, I say grasshoppers because they're out there. Visit her tomorrow, hopefully she's gained some height and is still kickin

Ok, you should spray milk for PM though cause that's what works.

Thanks Vlad, yeah her indoor sisters are more leggy with broader leaves. She's bushing nicely with long fingers. I'll update hopefully all good in the am,

Back
Top Bottom