Untimely end to current grow

Lazarus13

My second grow has come to an unsatisfactory end. It was bad luck from beginning to end but it was a great learning opportunity. My first grow had its bumps but i still managed to end up with about 2 oz of really fine indica smoke. The 2nd grow however involved horrible soil ph problems that killed 2 plants, root rot killing another 2 and now finally in the last week my last w plants grew balls. Grrr! Due to my insanely small budget for this I've been working off of bagseed and all diy equipment up til now. For 2016 i will be starting off a little better. Finally got a 3x2x5 grow tent and made a reflector for my cfls that i can adjust a lot more easily. I scraped the money together for GH nutes and a ph adjuster kit as well as an inline exhaust fan, tds meter and a few other odds and ends that ive read about here. I cobbled together a decent top-fed DWC system that will do fine until i can upgrade that as well. I'm also putting together a DWC space bucket as a small veg chamber to use whilst waiting for my tent to be free of flowering ladies. And to top it off, thanks to the fine people at Gorilla Seeds i have some great genetics headed my way instead of hoping some random bag seeds turn out to be female. I am not rushing in unprepared this time and im going to wait until i have everything i need in front of me before i do anything. Patience truly is a virtue. Until i can get my grow started(hopefully another 2 weeks or so) i will be following along with all of your grows and soaking up all the info i can from the best grower community out there. Thanks 420 family. Keep it green...

My second grow has come to an unsatisfactory end. It was bad luck from beginning to end but it was a great learning opportunity. My first grow had its bumps but i still managed to end up with about 2 oz of really fine indica smoke. The 2nd grow however involved horrible soil ph problems that killed 2 plants, root rot killing another 2 and now finally in the last week my last w plants grew balls. Grrr! Due to my insanely small budget for this I've been working off of bagseed and all diy equipment up til now. For 2016 i will be starting off a little better. Finally got a 3x2x5 grow tent and made a reflector for my cfls that i can adjust a lot more easily. I scraped the money together for GH nutes and a ph adjuster kit as well as an inline exhaust fan, tds meter and a few other odds and ends that ive read about here. I cobbled together a decent top-fed DWC system that will do fine until i can upgrade that as well. I'm also putting together a DWC space bucket as a small veg chamber to use whilst waiting for my tent to be free of flowering ladies. And to top it off, thanks to the fine people at Gorilla Seeds i have some great genetics headed my way instead of hoping some random bag seeds turn out to be female. I am not rushing in unprepared this time and im going to wait until i have everything i need in front of me before i do anything. Patience truly is a virtue. Until i can get my grow started(hopefully another 2 weeks or so) i will be following along with all of your grows and soaking up all the info i can from the best grower community out there. Thanks 420 family. Keep it green...

Lazarus 13
I know the feeling all too well. about 3 years ago I had about 12 lady's that were just tortured the whole way. all my falt tho. I didn't know enough then to be growing nor did I have the proper place to do it in. I was in an appartment. using 1 600w light with an open hood. I was growing in soil and didn't have a dehumidifier. humidity rose on the meeter to over 100% lol. I got a dehumidifier after I noticed water on the walls/lights. just when things started to look ok. got a notice my landlord was gunna come do a random inspection.

they were during light off and I put 3 black trash bags over them all. through them in the back of my Bros truck allong with the whole grow room and speed to my mom's house that was about an hour away. minde you I live in Alaska and it was fall and bout 40 degrese out lol.

they all survived and none hermied which was crazy cuz they were in flower when the move happened. when it came to drying time what did this nube do? I had the great idea to turn the dehumidifier on high and by the next morning they were all crisp with little to no moisture left in the bud and an entence smell of hay.. lol all the terps were gone.

totally disappointing the whole way. so I kinda feel your pain. good luck this time with the new seeds! I am now growing RDWC 8 buckets and they are getting it! I'll be doing a grow log here in a few weeks with a flash through veg and picking up in flower. I'm new here and I'd love as many eyes as possible when I get it up to hear advice and share what I've learned. not only that to pay back to this amazing place that I owe all my success so far too!

Great stories guys. Someday you'll look back and laugh! :). Ha ha. I've had so many disastrous grows and so many frantic gong show scenarios.
Out of all the issues I've had over the years, my #1 all time nemesis has been ph. All I can say is- take care of whatever ph tester you have and pay attention at all times to the ph (unless you are growing in soil then it's not so critical).
Besides having so many disasters over the years that I am very thick skinned when it comes to cannabis-growing heartbreak, the best move I made was to start a perpetual grow. When the flowering plants get fried :( I know there are more coming, and when those get fried, I plant more. ;) Things are on track these days thanks to perseverance and thanks to 420, but I don't go counting unhatched chickens. Best of luck to both of you.

I feel your pain, Bro'... I lost my first new grow not too longa ago. Had big plans and I thought I was good to go - had my tent, light, fan, etc, etc, & etc...

At first things went well and then reality raised its ugly head and things started to come apart. A little leaf burn here a little stunting there. Then it all went over a cliff and I found out what I had was a bad case of root rot due to poor drainage and shyte for soil. Perhaps I could have saved the two I had but felt they were so far gone it wasn't worth the effort so I trash-canned them and concentrated on getting a new grow started right this time.

Have a new grow going now - a month in - and, so far, it's going great. Using the same tent but with a 200w CFL and in a Hempy Bucket using AN notes. Hope to get a journal going soon - but just haven't had time yet.

Looking forward to reading your journal when you get it going. Best of luck with your Ladies..

My biggest fail involved becoming too "comfortable" with my experience and I became lazy regarding monitoring my water and soil pH. It bit me big time, nute lock out, withering discolored leaves and dying stems. I eventually tried flushing and several other recommended efforts to correct the pH problems, but I had been lazy too long. It eventually caused the whole cycle to fail, everything just went into the compost bin. 4 months of effort lost, all because I got a little lazy. I now stick with my methods to a tee and don't get lazy because Murphy's Law seems to regularly surface in my efforts.

Sorry you lost your grow, we all do eventually it seems, there are a lot of conditions to meet parameters to maintain! Best of luck in your next.

Happy New Year 420 Folks!

JB

:Namaste:

I failed a few times in a row many years ago when I setup my first grow. While it was not low budget, I could not manage high temps and was over watering which led to stunted plants and frustration. Learn from your mistakes and keep your chin up. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom