Coffee's Clone Experiment

gangadoctor

hi all, i'm in the middle of an experiment which i started off in another journal but i think it's an experiment worthy of its' own journal...

basically i waited till end of week 6 bloom and took some clones from mature flowering plants which had fully formed buds on them. i wanted to see first f all if i could successfully clone them and secondly how different a clone from a mature plant would look as a plant in veg and flower plus the yields because i heard when a clone is taken from such a plant it grows much bushier.

normally my clone success rate is 95% when taken from a vegging plant. this is what's happened so far and where i am to date;

the cuttings ere taken about 10 days ago. i haven't got a picture of them when they went into my aeroponic cloner on the first day but here's one from the third day

IMG_51348.JPG

the leaves are going a little yellow quicker than i'm used to but hey ho

here's what they look like today. most of the leaves have gone yellow, dried and broken off. they look a sorry state don't they? up to now i've just been using plane ph'd water - no nutes.

IMG_52082.JPG

so today i looked underneath the bonnet and about 7 of them have started to show and develop roots

IMG_52262.JPG

sorry, i din't have the flash on!

i decided to take the ones with the roots out and put them into larger net pots in readiness for my rdwc system so i put them into another bucket which i've rigged up with a pump and spray heads which intermittently every 15 minute spray for 15 minutes directly on to the roots.

i've left the remaining clones without roots in the small propagator

IMG_52278.JPG
IMG_52254.JPG

and here's what the roots look like

IMG_52306.JPG
IMG_52296.JPG

tomorrow i'm going to add some compost tea and rhizo to the clones with roots and i'm not using any lights apart from the ambient light fluorescent.

shortly i'll be away for 7 days so it'll be interesting to see what i come back to... what's your guess?

I was told to never take clones from a flowering female, if you're lucky enough to have them rooted and growing, they revert back to veg
state, which can destabilize the breed and turn them into hermies or males...Seeds from an unstable plant will give U a bunch of hermies
It just confuses the plant....

Back
Top Bottom