Water uptake - My theory is nutrient strength

LEDBud

I have noticed that plants process a lot more water using a weaker nutrient solution and less water with a stronger solution.

With Hydroponic nutrients the Water uptake is slower with 4ml per liter and consumes more with 2ml per liter of grow bloom & micro for instance.
I noticed the pattern from feedings throughout the years using various methods with various plant foods.

if your plants are barely drinking you should probably stop feeding them for awhile and give them straight up water or a flush.

Seems like common sense but it can be easy to overlook

Remember less is more Happy Growing !

Sometimes plants have slow growth or have never drank much water or made much humidity in the room.

In these cases I have a theory the PH is out of the ideal range

if your not using a PH meter get one and adjust the waters PH to 5.7 to 6.0 , IMO

If you have added supplements you need to check and adjust the PH

Bat Guano can raise the PH from 6 up to 7.5 or more as its very alkaline.

CalMagic+ a calcium mag iron supplement , will lower the PH from 6 to 5.5 or lower

Most Tap water has a PH of 7 to 7.5 This alone is reason to PH your water

For maximum nutrient uptake Professional advice is to keep the PH between 5.6 and 5.8 up to 6 for a high.

I think you will find if your not adjusting your PH doing so will resolve many of your problems , it will allow the plant to access locked out nutrients and minerals in the soil.

PH pens are a affordable option to the higher quality meters they just need to be calibrated before each use.

Which is easy enough to do , Happy Growing !

Back
Top Bottom