Sale of Monsanto to Bayer

Weekender

What am I to think of the upcoming sale of Monsanto to Bayer. Bayer is Headquartered in Germany I believe, with no idea where Monsanto is or was headquartered. With all the hate at Monsanto I just wonder if you or we as a group will soften the general view of Monsanto and its GH products.

What am I to think of the upcoming sale of Monsanto to Bayer. Bayer is Headquartered in Germany I believe, with no idea where Monsanto is or was headquartered. With all the hate at Monsanto I just wonder if you or we as a group will soften the general view of Monsanto and its GH products.
I'm a construction worker and have worked at one of the Monsanto plants. I'm still live and kickin. I don't understand all the hate they get in the media. It was a good place to work, minus the douchey management from my contractor, who simply contracts for Monsanto.

WTF? I had no idea I've been using Monsanto nutrients. I had to google that.

Still the same shit. Big pharma is just as awful. Monsanto the perfect fit for Bayer.

I'm a construction worker and have worked at one of the Monsanto plants. I'm still live and kickin. I don't understand all the hate they get in the media. It was a good place to work, minus the douchey management from my contractor, who simply contracts for Monsanto.

Monsanto has frigged the world with genetically modified seed. They've frigged farmers even harder.

WTF? I had no idea I've been using Monsanto nutrients. I had to google that.

Still the same shit. Big pharma is just as awful. Monsanto the perfect fit for Bayer.

Monsanto has frigged the world with genetically modified seed. They've frigged farmers even harder.
We are going to breed seeds to modify the plant to our liking. So are you going to hate on me too??

I have a family member that is big time activist against Monsanto, she is a full on sign carrying, blog posting, Monsanto hater. Even her kids get to hold signs and pretend they know what their Mommy is doing. I find it amusing myself, but I seldom get too worked up about others beliefs regarding things like politics, corporate greed, religion etc.

It would suck if sterile seeds were the only seed available because of the greed of Big Business. But as long as I have a choices, they can make seeds that grow into eyeballs for all I care. That all said, I have read several internal Monsanto executive level documents (from my anti-Monsanto activist relative), and if the documents and memos are true indicators of their corporate mindset and the leaders mission, then they probably are an evil empire!

Do most folks know that Bayer created Heroin in the late 1890s to rid America of it's Morphine addiction problems?
:high-five:
Great job Bayer!

Best of Buds

JB

:Namaste:

Yes, if you make a strain that contains genes that terminate pollination and force me to keep buying seeds.
:)

That'd suck and all. But I'm more concerned about their gene-spliced bits - against which most organisms don't have any real defense - appearing in other plants/animals because they merely live near areas where the GMO stuff has been planted/grown. That kind of thing has been documented. So, for that matter, is the fact that if some of their seed - or genetics from same (ever hear of... wind?) - gets mixed into a farmer's crop, they pretty much own that farmer and his/her crop (even if that crop has been planted/grown from your seed, year after year, decade after decade, on land that has been in your family for generations, with seed that has been passed down - like your land and heritage - since about the time this country decided that it'd like to have more than 13 states in it).

If I go into your home, trash the place, p*ss all over your food, and inject secret things into your family, I will have to pay damages, maybe go to jail, and could well end up losing everything I have. But if Monsanto does it, YOU will have to pay damages, maybe go to jail, and could end up losing everything YOU have.

Companies like Monsanto make me understand why some folks just snap one day and go on rampages, shooting and throwing Molotov cocktails. If I was ever part of a jury in which the defendant had had a prior run in with that company, I'd be willing to consider a temporary insanity verdict. And I'm not joking.

BtW, here's a little bit of trivia about Bayer AG: During WWII, Bayer - then a subsidiary of IG Farben - literally bought "patients" to experiment on... from Auschwitz. How do you like those aspirin now, folks?

Back
Top Bottom