Ahhh almost finished building new grow room! Can't wait

fanleaf

Well, I haven't been able to grow for the last little while due to my grow area being used for other purposes. That's about to change though. My old grow area was only about 3.8 feet X 3.5 Feet X 7 foot tall.

I decided to invest in some supplies and put myself to work. The new grow room is almost 6 feet wide by 7 feet long by 6.5 foot ceiling.

It's very very well insulated and here is a little 40 inch tall closet I built into the room for clones/starters. It will have a sealed door with it's own ventilation. Big enough for a small LED. Maybe my Advanced 150 would be perfect for it. As you can see I put 1 outlet in there too.
0611161810b.jpg
0611161736.jpg

For electric I ran 2 breakers to the room. Both breakers are 20 amp and each ran with 12-2 wire and each breaker runs 3 outlet locations. On one end of the room there is the 1 outlet in the small clone/starter closet and a 4 outlet box on the ceiling and a 2 outlet box on the floor on 1 breaker. On the other breaker for the other side of the room I have a 4 outlet box in the ceiling on that side as well as a 2 outlet box in the larger blower, supply closet and a 2 outlet box down towards the floor.

This will provide an excess of power capability to the nearly 2000 true watts worth of LED's that will be flooding the room. All outlets are 20 amp outlets as well.

The other closet with the drill in the picture is actually a big closet. Bigger than the opening anyways. In that one I built it at ceiling height so my blower and carbon scrubber can be there and out of the way of the plant area. The second closet is big enough for a bale of ProMix and all of my nutes, the blower and more. I think it will work out quite well. What do you guys think?
0611161810.jpg
0611161815.jpg
0611161812.jpg
0611161811.jpg
0612161758.jpg
0612161759.jpg
0612162058.jpg
0612162058c.jpg
0612162058b.jpg
0612162058a.jpg

I was wondering what you were up to lol :high-five:

Yea, I've had a few small grows since the last time I was here but they were just that, small. I got tired of dealing with a 40 inch by 36 inch grow area. 1 or 2 plants don't cut it for me :thedoubletake:.

I had a whole basement that just needed a room built in it so it was time while I am already adding on a bedroom upstairs. I think this should work out quite nicely and you can bet I'm gonna do a grow Journal and room critique at the same time as soon as it's finished. I think having the blower/scrubber just off to the side should work out really well. I have to run the ventilation plumbing yet and finish the drywall and give it a tape coat but that won't take too long. I'm looking forward to filling the room up with plants that's for sure.

Hey, i'm pretty new here but from what I can tell it's looking pretty good to me! Just how long has it taken you to get as far as you have so far with your grow room?

I'm definitely curious to hear as well as see more about this grow room, keep up the good work and look forward to following your progress. :thumb:

Hey, i'm pretty new here but from what I can tell it's looking pretty good to me! Just how long has it taken you to get as far as you have so far with your grow room?

I'm definitely curious to hear as well as see more about this grow room, keep up the good work and look forward to following your progress. :thumb:

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. And thanks for the compliments too! My basement is very un-square and a pain to do anything in
because there isn't a spot on the ceiling large enough for a room that I didn't have to build some sort of drop in part of it either for pipes, wires, or duct work. That being said I have experience in that sort of work and all of the right tools for the job so that makes it much easier. I work on it every other day or so for a few hours per time. If I had to guesstimate I would say I have 10-12 hours in it at this point along with a few trips to the lumber yard. I really took my time with a few important details like sealing the bottom plates of the walls to the floor for odor and pests. I have the room ready for drywall mud now. In the next few days I will tape and mud the drywall and get the door seals installed along with the ventilation system both intake and exhaust. Won't be long before I plant 6 lovely ladies to get the room started and probably 6 more a few weeks later. I'm really looking forward to using my lights with the outlets on the ceiling. That should be a nice feature. I think I'm going to start 6 auto's first and follow them up a few weeks later with 6 regular ladies. That way I'll go 18/6 for the life of the autos and that will give my regulars a nice long veg cycle. When the auto's are done I'll switch to 12/12 and flower the regulars...Now to look in my seed bank inventory to figure out what strains I wanna go with.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. And thanks for the compliments too! My basement is very un-square and a pain to do anything in
because there isn't a spot on the ceiling large enough for a room that I didn't have to build some sort of drop in part of it either for pipes, wires, or duct work. That being said I have experience in that sort of work and all of the right tools for the job so that makes it much easier. I work on it every other day or so for a few hours per time. If I had to guesstimate I would say I have 10-12 hours in it at this point along with a few trips to the lumber yard. I really took my time with a few important details like sealing the bottom plates of the walls to the floor for odor and pests. I have the room ready for drywall mud now. In the next few days I will tape and mud the drywall and get the door seals installed along with the ventilation system both intake and exhaust. Won't be long before I plant 6 lovely ladies to get the room started and probably 6 more a few weeks later. I'm really looking forward to using my lights with the outlets on the ceiling. That should be a nice feature. I think I'm going to start 6 auto's first and follow them up a few weeks later with 6 regular ladies. That way I'll go 18/6 for the life of the autos and that will give my regulars a nice long veg cycle. When the auto's are done I'll switch to 12/12 and flower the regulars...Now to look in my seed bank inventory to figure out what strains I wanna go with.

No problem! You should have seen what my first initial grow room looked like, unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it and no longer have it anymore. Well, we all have our limitations and space but all you can do is utilize it the best you can. I figure with your skill-set you have more of an advantage over others so that's definitely a plus. Doesn't sound like you're too far away, and yeah. Honestly. After looking over all the possible strains, that in itself seems like the hardest part.. deciding just what strain you want!

Well high there! Nice looking grow space you have there
Hello to you too Canna. Thanks, it was a bit of work but Ill be reaping the fruits of my labor in a few months. Gonna get 6 seeds wet tomorrow I think.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Nice! What strains will you start?

Not sure yet. I have a pretty good inventory and will go through them today and decide which ones go into the paper towel. I have an order that I was hoping would be here yesterday but maybe today too. In the order coming in I know I wanted to plant a few of Barney's Liberty haze. I have a few good ole AK47's left and I still need to make my mind up on a few more. I've got about 8-10 strains to choose from for the last couple. May do a few Fast and Vast's or Afghan Ryders hell IDK lol.

So many decisions. It's tough for us. One time we threw the seeds we were chosing from in a hat and pulled out one. Another time we let the dog decide. Lol!
Heres the delima. This dont include the choices for the order that will be here anytime.
420-magazine-mobile2117574673.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1584719902.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1317733468.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1778549190.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1635722653.jpg

Any of you have some imput?

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I think I know which route I'm gonna go. I'm gonna start 6 auto's now. Then 4 weeks after they break soil I'll plant 6 regular non fem seeds. That way the room wont get real crowded for too long because the 6 auto's I started first will be finished up by the time the regulars are getting size to them.

For the Auto's I'll start now;
2 Fast Buds Pineapple Express,
2 Girl Scout Cookies
1 Sweet Dark Devil
1 Fast Buds Crystal Meth. (Hate the name but a beautiful plant).

4 weeks later start;
3 Northern Lights regular non fem
3 Afghani reg non fem.

Back
Top Bottom