Cool Product

DoctorDank

This thing popped up on my Facebook feed and I immediately thought of how useful it could be in a grow tent:

Geizeer - eco friendly ice cooling - YouTube

It's called a Geizeer cooling cube and it looks awesome! Anyone else seen this? It's being crowdfunded at the moment so not available for immediate purchase.

I'm thinking of getting behind this one. It's US$109 and due for delivery in December which is the middle of summer for me. It cools a 4x4 ft space so perfect to stick in a tent to keep temps down.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
420-magazine-mobile1926183795.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

One limitation you will run into is battery life. If it's 4 hours you would need 3 units to cool a 12 hour light cycle. Beyond that I doubt the output would be sufficient to cool a 4x4 tent.

I think you're right in that it wouldn't be that handy to control the heat from grow lights but it could be handy to deal with the external heat of the day that affects for those growing in a roof or garage in the summertime, at least during the hottest hours of the day. I guess there's no knowing without trying...

Remember that fans do not actually cool, they simply make us feel cool by blowing air over our skin. I believe that's a function of this. I say you buy it and let us know!

It has a frozen core that cools the air as it blows out of the unit. They are billing this as an aircon unit rather than a fan. I'm going to get one and do a report, hopefully it's not a dud.

I know they have a frozen core, but I think they are banking on the cooled air blowing over skin cooling you versus this unit actually cooling the air around you. Just my hypothesis on the situation, but I am very interested to see what you think of it. I saw this a while back on social media and thought it was a very cool idea, but applicable only in certain situations, none of which I think I would find myself in.

I'm imagining I'm going have a heat issue in summer given I'm a garage grower (newbie) and I thought this could be a simple solution. Only one way to find out I suppose!

Laws of thermodynamics don't add up with this. It takes energy to heat/cool air away from ambient temperature and no system is 100% efficient. You can manipulate temperature by changing phase (think swamp coolers) but these also have physical limitations. Again, laws of physics rule.

Back
Top Bottom