Micro Grow Experiment

SomeWhiteMF

420 Member
Hey Everyone, I'm going to conduct a little experiment to try and grow a plant under 4in and flower it. I am currently germinating 4 bag seeds. I'm hoping to at least get two females. I need two females because I am also conducting a side experiment using a black light. I've been researching using blacklights and have found that some people experience increased trichomes when using small amounts of exposure to black lights during flowering. If I happen to get 3 females I will also see if there is a difference between exposing the plants during the day and the night cycles. This is going to also be my first grow so im quite excited so wish me luck guys!! I'll also be posting pictures as well. And as a bonus I'll let you guys know how it smokes too :))

I forgot to include the exposure time for the blacklight cycles. For anyone curious, I will be giving the plants 30 minutes each.

Sent from my C6740N using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile363209386.jpg

Just finished setting it up. Anyone have any tips they would like to share? I know it's ugly but I think it'll do.
(And I'm going to be adding different lights, these are temporary.)

can i have more information about the lights,space?.
love this threat, good luck i visit periodly:bravo:
They're just some cheap LEDs found them in my basement lol and it's actually inside a dresser that I lined with tin foil to reflect light (I wasn't done lining it when I posted the picture.) I'm gonna replace the LEDs with a lamp because Im not sure if they are going to provide enough light and I don't think the plants will stop growing when they reach the lights if they're not strong enough, and I've been keeping my room at about 78 degrees. That's the jist and I'm hoping they will all sprout as I'm aware sometimes they won't and it's beyond my control but I will try my best and keep this thread updated.

I have seen a guy using a cookie box,smaller than yours :D
He got like 3,5gramms out of it.so with your giant box you should make it easy

He used a10w Led stip a even had a filter in it.
Flowering as soon as possible,small bucket and tie it down.
A common set up in Germany. Is a 50x50x120 cm with a 200w CFL Filter and all stuff.
Beginners and low consumers use that style of setups.
I only use 250w HPS Flowering and 36w Vegi.and no vegi for Sativas

Okay guys since they hadn't sprouted I was concerned so I decided to carefully break the soil in half and see what was going on turns out one died so I did the same to the other two and it seems they were stuck. So with tweezers I carefully removed both sprouts and re planted them at the top so the leaves werent underground. Not sure if this was a smart move, one seems to be growing nicely the other was kind as "folded up" so I was gently trying to undo that and I accidentally broke a leaf off!!!!
I'm just gonna let em grow and see what happens.

P.s. I feel terrible lol.
Rookie mistakes I know tsk tsk tsk

One plant will make a sweet Micro scrog lol.

Quick update the stem on the 3 leaved plant has shrunk?? It's gotten considerably thinner. Anyone know what the problem is??? I'll post pics if needed

They both look good but one is much shorter but they are looking better every day
420-magazine-mobile1307504478.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1856431062.jpg

One died. This is starting to stress me out I thought I was doing everything correctly but idk anymore I might just scrap the whole project and start again once I get a job and can afford to buy the proper equipment, soil, nutes, etc. I'll continue to let the last one grow and post pictures but the experiment is off. Sorry guys I'll be studying more on cannabis growing and such so I don't disappoint next time.

Back
Top Bottom