Obstinate Plant

Kalomessimeri

Started my first grow in 30 years last March - it seems to me marijuana is a very difficult plant to grow. I've grown lots of things in lots of zones inside and out but never had this much trouble keeping something healthy. Every other day my plant is unhappy about something, maybe I just haven't hit on that optimum soil recipe or nutrient regimen yet. I use quality components, listen to and follow suggestions and still it's a struggle. There are as many different opinions and procedures out there as there are growers. Right now I'm just growing a bag seed plant for practice (after following bad advice and killing five other plants) but I have better seeds coming and can see the battle on the horizon.

It's practice along with trial and error more than anything else. I'm still a noob on my third grow, but I'm starting to get a feel for it.

Where are you having problems?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Actually we've had several days with no plant unhappiness. This is a practice plant from a bag seed so problems are probably good, they force me to read and learn new things. You can read about the challenges in my grow journal just click the link.

july2.jpg

Asleep by midnight, she wakes up around 4:00am

jan_02.jpg

hey budguest, take er easy and let er tell you what to do and when.

if we try to force our will into these girls too much, they become, well as you say obstinate. I've thought that exact thing myself from time to time. got one now I keep shaking my head at. shes an auto that doesn't want to bloom lol.

but hey, i'm a noob at this stuff here, so I am learning as I go too. only on my fourth grow now. but I like to keep experimenting.

just remember,
have fun eh

hey budguest, take er easy and let er tell you what to do and when.

if we try to force our will into these girls too much, they become, well as you say obstinate. I've thought that exact thing myself from time to time. got one now I keep shaking my head at. shes an auto that doesn't want to bloom lol.

but hey, i'm a noob at this stuff here, so I am learning as I go too. only on my fourth grow now. but I like to keep experimenting.

just remember,
have fun eh
Nutrients and water pH are her biggest issues, when she's unhappy about something she'll let you know fast. Maybe I'm getting better at recognizing and managing, she's been doing pretty good lately. Hate to speak too soon, I'll be more relaxed after harvest.

Mate i think ur making harder by worrying about ph etc,the way i see it if the water is ok for me to drink surely plants can too_Only thing if ur water is toxic then u will have to play with it.If waters a problem try getting rain water, i modified my downpipes so every time it rains i get plenty of water.Can try find plastic bottles used in office water coolers they hold plenty of water and takes seconds to fill.Ensure gutters are always clean and netting in place to stop junk getting in water.Chasing ph is not fun,no need to be anal about ph.Mix nutes at or below maximum strength no need to check ph put it on watch her go.Putting additives etc can change ph just remember kiss method,keep it simple stoner,when u try go hi tek or try things u dont undestand,problems will arise.Relax mate try not to stress,they will b fine.Manufacturer s spent millions reserching and making their products as easy to use as possible so y fight it go with flow try not to complicate things just look and listen to her,in time u will b able to hear what shes saying.All the best champ and big yields to ya

Mate i think ur making harder by worrying about ph etc,the way i see it if the water is ok for me to drink surely plants can too_Only thing if ur water is toxic then u will have to play with it.If waters a problem try getting rain water, i modified my downpipes so every time it rains i get plenty of water.Can try find plastic bottles used in office water coolers they hold plenty of water and takes seconds to fill.Ensure gutters are always clean and netting in place to stop junk getting in water.Chasing ph is not fun,no need to be anal about ph.Mix nutes at or below maximum strength no need to check ph put it on watch her go.Putting additives etc can change ph just remember kiss method,keep it simple stoner,when u try go hi tek or try things u dont undestand,problems will arise.Relax mate try not to stress,they will b fine.Manufacturer s spent millions reserching and making their products as easy to use as possible so y fight it go with flow try not to complicate things just look and listen to her,in time u will b able to hear what shes saying.All the best champ and big yields to ya

Thank you for the encouragement. Water pH is a big issue where I live, our tap water pH is usually up around 8.0. When I started I didn't understand how important it is to have water pH at a reasonable level - look at the photos on the first page of my "Six Foot Survivor" journal, all my beginning plants were quite yellow. After figuring it out I was surprised they had continued growing in that condition.

Back
Top Bottom