Security for the paranoid - My 15 golden rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

rastamamma

Rules of Grow Club for the paranoid

1. YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT GROW CLUB.
2. You do not talk about Grow Club. Ever. No, not even to your mom!
3. Don’t sell, just don’t sell if you want to be safe
5. Don’t leak light - use a tent in a room without windows
6. Don’t leak smell - use a good carbon filter in a room that is reasonably sealed
7. Don’t leak information.
8. Don’t leak garbage - use 3 different bins in your grow room. Red - for cannabis related garbage, green - for garbage that can be traced back to you (no canna stuff in this one) and one white for all the other stuff. DONT MIX THEM UP!! Discard in small bags in public garbage cans. Never empty garbage from 2 different bins on the same day or in the same area.
9. Don’t park your car near the grow shop. Assume the ppl working there are cops
10. Don’t pay with anything that can be traced to you - always pay cash
11. Don´t wear any electronics in the grow shop, bluetooth and wifi are easy to trace. Don't wear any watch, rings, designer clothes.
12. Use a burner phone that you buy with cash, i.e. a cheap phone without GPS nor camera, and most important battery you can take out. Buy a new one every now and then. Keep your burner phone and the real one separate, i.e. it's easy to find you if you have both your phones on...
13. Use a pre-paid card that you paid with cash.
14. Don’t talk, play stupid. Ask rather than tell.

That is a great list of suggestions. If you can follow those, you will probably not be busted in an illegal state. However, they can always find you if they really want to. If weed is that important for you that you want to risk jail for growing some of your own, make sure you live somewhere it is at least tolerated well. When I was in college, I attended a school in a small college town that was very tolerant about weed. The landlord found my cabinet due to a neighbor complaining about the smell. He told me to get rid of the smell. This was before any states had legalized it.

No matter what security measures you employ, you will need to have a plan in case someone discovers your grow. Be prepared to face the music when that time comes. For me, when I was growing in college, my backup plan was a jury nullification defense. I grew a very small personal size grow. I knew the town I lived in was very educated and wise. A jury from that town would likely not convict a small personal grower, or I could bargain it down to simple possession.

Luckily I was never caught and learned the importance of a good carbon filter. Good luck to anyone out there growing in an illegal state. Be smart about it. Be safe.

For both security and site purposes, we also ask that you please do not use a fake email address i.e. an email account that you do not access, even on a semi regular basis. When members use a fake email and abandon it, the server keeps sending email notifications and newsletters to that email. If the email is closed, then the email provider reports to the internet police that we are spamming. This results in us being blocked and/or blacklisted and everybody suffers. The second consequence is that members try to login and can't because they have to access the old email to do a password change, etc. As a result, we have to send a lot of time with them, attempting to get them back into their account. For the reasons stated above, any accounts found to be linked to a dead email account, will be automatically moved to the "users awaiting email validation" usergroup and will lose the ability of future access as a result.

:Namaste:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom