Valuable lesson learned

rickerred

Well I had / have brown / rust spots on leaves. So I automatically assumed fungus, got some organic fungicide. Watered plants as it is water day. Was sitting at the table having supper, guess what I have never got around to checking the PH level of the soil or run off. So tested soil it was around 8.5 f@#k. Checked ph level of tap water 8 F@#k. Got a liter of water added 2 tbsp of vinegar ph down to 6, water plants again F@#k, runoff was 6.5.
So the lesson for me is to adjust ph of water before watering and check runoff at least every second time. Now gotta get some cal mag.

These two are the worst.
cal_mag1_2_.JPG
cal_mag1_1_.JPG

One of the most often used piece of equipment in my garden is a Ph pen.
You gotta get one.
Mandatory.

They're about $100 and if you take care of them will last you for years. The last one I had I used every day, sometimes more, for more than three years before it took a crap.

When you get it, also get a gallon of Ph UP and a gallon of Ph DOWN. They're cheap, and much better than using Vinegar or Baking Soda.

Ph your water and nutes to 5.6 to 6.1 and all will be well.

You GOTTA get a Ph pen. Seriously.

~ Auggie ~

One of the biggest mistakes made is trying to fix things too fast. I have did the same thing in the past and had to try and fix my fix along with the original problem. Lots of times it is just like you mentioned. Right after you have do something you decide to check something else and find the true problem.

It is early on. Your choice to try new seeds or let those ones come around. They should come around in time. If you have plenty of seeds it might be faster to just start new ones.

One of the most often used piece of equipment in my garden is a Ph pen.
You gotta get one.
Mandatory.

They're about $100 and if you take care of them will last you for years. The last one I had I used every day, sometimes more, for more than three years before it took a crap.

When you get it, also get a gallon of Ph UP and a gallon of Ph DOWN. They're cheap, and much better than using Vinegar or Baking Soda.

Ph your water and nutes to 5.6 to 6.1 and all will be well.

You GOTTA get a Ph pen. Seriously.

~ Auggie ~
If your growing in soil the correct ph is 6.2-6.7 no doubt about it. Do your research and u will find this to b true!!!!

I have found most water I use is right around 7 with soil. I don't run into many problems with it at all. I don't have a pen to check it so it may be slightly lower. It isn't higher I know because it has worked for years. Color wise on the chart it looks to be 7 which works. Easier to just use it as is than try and change things all the time.

Once you start changing things you can end up changing for the worst easy enough.

U got the magic water :thumb: mate congrats, I’m using tap, ph changes for me with fertilizers and other watered in additions, silica is one, I adjust PH to a more pot friendly place to grow in 6.5% is optimum for this old hippy.

U got the magic water :thumb: mate congrats, I’m using tap, ph changes for me with fertilizers and other watered in additions, silica is one, I adjust PH to a more pot friendly place to grow in 6.5% is optimum for this old hippy.

I got lucky twice LOL. That water comes from 2 different towns. You did make a great point though. I don't check it regularly. It may change more than I think. I also have a huge tub that my water sits in to let chlorine evaporate out. I am sure this water changes some as it sits. Not much evaporation so that probable helps the PH from getting higher as water evaporates. I really should check the tub more often.

What's great is when I move I will be back in a town that has good water LOL.

Back
Top Bottom