Tale of woe - First grow results - Advice for next year?

onewarmguy

Hey all, Just finished hanging my 2 midget AutoMaria II's and thought I'd post the history of my screw ups and a pic or two of the little girls.

First, Ph issues, I was using a cheap double prong Ph meter that kept telling me that my water was around 6.5 when I double checked with solution turns out it was up around 8. Growth stalled at about 2". Started using apple cider vinegar to modify Ph immediately and picked up some Green Planet nutes.

Second, light, I was using a 4' X 4 T8 flourescent fixture with 6500K tubes, about 12" away from the plants; my grow area is very low and I didn't notice that somehow 2 of the tubes had worked loose and weren't lit, so for an unknown length of time they were only getting about 64W of light. Growth stalled at 3.5 ". Re-installed lights kept using the T8 fixture with 128W.

Pistils started appearing after 7 weeks in soil at about 6" high, I left it to keep flowering as I was told not to expect much more growth. Trichomes appeared shortly thereafter and became very widespread and dense, looked a lot like heavy frost .

Leaves started yellowing so I cut the girls down tonight at 11 weeks (They were supposed to mature at 8) with about 20 % amber trichomes and 40% red pistils, both only about 7" high and almost one continuous very dense bud each, very sticky, trimmed yellowed leaves and hung. They have a nice fresh cedarish aroma.
Total about 24 grams green.

Quite frankly I'm amazed they even survived. Any advice for next year?

Back
Top Bottom