A little sprout looking a little worse for wear

Donvito

420-magazine-mobile1443751188.jpg

So this little fella is not looking too good.

Has been In a seedling tray, With a cover and vents

What your thought on the yellow specs? Humidity related?

All help appreciated .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Has water been sitting on the leaves, I'm guessing no nutes been used, so maybe to wet or temp related, I dunno much lol just my thoughts, I'm sure some one experienced will help

Sent from my SM-G930F using 420

I've had the dome off for an hour a day. So maybe it's humidity fluctuations, some water on the leaves too.

So there are a few corrections to make.

I can take the little fella out from under the dome don't you think

I've had the dome off for an hour a day. So maybe it's humidity fluctuations, some water on the leaves too.

So there are a few corrections to make.

I can take the little fella out from under the dome don't you think

I prefer them to be a little bigger before I remove the dome but I've also thrown them under the lights without any issues. I only keep the under the dome due to space issues.

When you do decide to remove your plants from your humidty I recommend doing it slowly to avoid the leaf Crisping issues. First open all the vents the day before. The next day i use a cup or block to hold the humidity dome slightly open from the bottem. After about a hour I open a little more, then I finally remove. The point is to lower your humidity slowly and not shock the plants.. Other times I've pulled them directly out and been fine but I think the dry weather this summer is affecting them so I've been removing them slowly... hope that helps

A little sprout looking a little worse for wear...

Thanks everyone for your help, truly appreciate it.

I'll see how it goes .

Let me elaborate a bit on my previous statement.

The way I see it, at this stage, the seedling takes in about 90% of the moisture it needs through the roots and, perhaps, 10% through the cotyledons which are, simply, not big enough to absorb more.

RH comes into play when the true sets of leaves start growing. With them, the surface (absorption) area of the plant, drastically, increases.

Clones don't have roots, and the only way they can absorb moisture is through the leaves. That's why clones are covered with domes, to keep RH high.

Because RH for early seedlings doesn't play a crucial role, they will not wilt and die if you change RH drastically. Regardless of them being in the early stage in life, seedlings are not that sensitive.

Let me elaborate a bit on my previous statement.

The way I see it, at this stage, the seedling takes in about 90% of the moisture it needs through the roots and, perhaps, 10% through the cotyledons which are, simply, not big enough to absorb more.

RH comes into play when the true sets of leaves start growing. With them, the surface (absorption) area of the plant, drastically, increases.

Clones don't have roots, and the only way they can absorb moisture is through the leaves. That's why clones are covered with domes, to keep RH high.

Because RH for early seedlings doesn't play a crucial role, they will not wilt and die if you change RH drastically. Regardless of them being in the early stage in life, seedlings are not that sensitive.
Thanx, lots of great info in your post.

Back
Top Bottom