What was your smallest finishing plants and yield

Crippled

Hi all im currently on my first grow + journal using leds and im growing 3 seedsman white widow and 2 advanced critical from seed in soil. My plants are looking like they are finished stretch ( 2.5 weeks 12/12) and the finishing height looks like 1ft. I know they will not produce massive yields but i really hope for 2z each. What are your thoughts / experiences id love us all to compare for future reference here are my girls as of yesterday
20161023_100344_002.jpg
20161023_100332_007.jpg
20161023_100332_001.jpg
20161023_100320_003.jpg
20161023_100301_001.jpg
20161022_093418.jpg
20161018_0955061.jpg

I grew 2 white widows under 2 of those mars lights and got a combined total of 7 1/2 oz plus some popcorn and a lot of trim to make butter. They werent as dense as they could have been but man if you get the leds close in flower those widows will ice up something pretty. I had them down to about 8-10 inches from the tops with no bleaching or burn and the trichomes just erupted from them. You will have to do some leaf tucking or defol tho to get any kind of penetration to lower buds.
Nice looking plants man. Well done so far.

Hi lazarus thanks for your reply what height/breed were your white widows and were they under 2 300's ? Mine have started giving off trichs (just) and are making nice progress i will post some photos in a few hours. I have all lights sitting just at about 20' from the canopy just now but i will lower it if you feel it is safe to do so (gradually obviously). I had trimmed and lollipopped the plants maybe a day after this was taken.

They were Feminised Seeds The Widow. No other strain info was given. I scroggwd them at about 10 inches high and they stretched about 10-12 inches past the scrog. And yes, under 2 mars 300s. I put the lights at about 10 inches for the last week or two of flower but thats up to you.
420-magazine-mobile1594575892.jpg

Edit: the hid in the picture was only in for about a week but summertime temps forced me to pull it out. The rest of the grow was all the mars lights.

About 4 weeks. I actually should have flipped them earlier as my scrog got away from where i wanted it to be. It was my first scrog tho so now i know a little better. I'll either raise my next scrog or veg a little less. I was happy though. They were clones and when i grew the originals out i only got about 2 or 2 1/2 oz per plant.

Looks good lazarus that was my original plan to use my 400w hps in a cool tube with 2 300s but prefer to try full leds. Anyway here are a few photos of my girls from this morning. As you can see every day more and more trichs appear :) They are day 8 flower. Let me know what you guys think
20161028_085756_001.jpg
20161028_085748_001.jpg
20161028_085738.jpg
20161028_085733.jpg

So one starts to scrog when one flips to flower ? Thanks !! One's next grow is all ways better than the last one !!

Looking good OhioBoy. My next grow will be autos to see which suits my needs better. Your plants look excellent how long do they have left ? The auto seeds i have just now are bomb seeds thc bomb + berry bomb, mephisto hubbabubbasmelloscope, auto blue and smokin gun from dr krippling. I do have more but these are my main choice for next time they are all about 8-10wk strains and get good reviews especially the bomb seeds and mephisto. Cant wait wish i had threw a couple autos in during veg.

Also all 3 of my lights are at 18" i have heard any closer and you risk bleaching. I find my temps are spot on at this height so will try to maintain this distance

:rollit: I have been growing outside and later inside for almost 50 years. I have been growing autos for several years under both HPS/MH and T5 55 watt 48 inch tubes x 6 . I would love to try some of the new and better LED's but not currently possible in my present fixed income semi retirement budget. I get adequate coverage for 3-4 plants to maturity under the T5's. I have averaged slightly over two ounces (growing out 4 varieties 3-4 times per year) under the T5's and just a bit more under the HPS/MH. I have experienced a range of from just under an ounce per plant to over 3 1/2 ounces per plant. Depending on both the variety and particular plant/grow session. Quite economical, with only a $12 tiny circulation fan and a timer needed and 330 watts of power. Organic homemade compost based grows in self pruning 3 gallon bags. No expensive nutes, little work(only a little pruning) and little bothering with grow temps! Most of 3 grows per year in the south I have managed in a well insulated grow room to maintain from 55 degrees to 80 degrees without heat or AC(the Ruderalis genetics seem to like cooler conditions fine!)! In the coldest few days per year a little supplemental heat and if I try to grow 4 crops (being over the hottest part of the summer here) I will need Ac for a couple of months on low to mid range (window unit). I have started to skip that time period and grow only three crops. The buds frost up nice with either light and the quality of smoke is the same. The yield is slightly higher with my 1000 watt HPS/MH (now retired) per plant and of course I can grow more plants with the larger light coverage area (Much higher grow cost with a large ventilation fan ,ducting, wattage and short bulb life). I am happy with my supply! I love hearing others methods and experiences, even if I am too lazy and/or poor to replicate them! Happy Growing and keep it green!:thumb:

Are you sure that is the correct photo rifleman lol :) ? Or was your yield so small it was invisible ... OR am i just really fkn blind lol

Back
Top Bottom