How long should I keep burping my cure?

icclearly

Hi,

Was wondering at what point can I stop 'burping' my cure? I still smell the chlorophyll, but it seems to be waning. It's been about a week in the jar. Thanks!

It depends on how dry the buds are. If they are dry enough not to go moldy then stop burping and leave the lid sealed and the plants will age like a good wine. The chlorophyll smell will go away as they cure. I've got some in small mason jars that are over a year old and taste marvelous.

I'd be interested in that myself...checking the humidity of a bud. Moisture probe? Ummm, just made me think of checking restistance with my dig multimeter LOL.

I have 3 oz of new buds on the 5th day of curing, funny, but since chopping, hanging, and now curing, I haven't detected any veg smell at all, just sweet powerful skunk. Got lucky with this grow.

I would put them in jars before the stems snap, for buds loosing too much moisture in the beginning can dessimate the bud eventually leaving it to dust... Where i live, if you waited till the stems snap while drying, you have waited too long and have ruined the bud. THe arid environment saps the moisture out of everything where I am. SO waiting too long is a mistake.

i agree with tintala,well cured bud should have to be cut, not broken to smoke or vape dry=harsh dry smoke, not smooth and creamy smoke from a soft well cured bud

Back
Top Bottom