How do u flush before harvest?

Hydro just use water for the last few weeks , plain water. Then for soil u run 3times the amount of water than soil. U want to run enouhg water through it so at the end the water is coming out of the bottom clean .. When u first start off the water will be nasty as u flush it , it will clear up .

im growing in soil and have only one plant to flush. im in my 5th week of flowering and planning on harvesting in 4 to 5 weeks.how long before i harvest do i want to start flushing out the ferts.and how exactly do i do it just water alot and let it drain?do i do it all at one time or over days. thanks for the help

Flush like a week beofre harvest. and a i explain how to do it in the post above.. at once time . U want to run tons of water through the soil and let it drip dry . easiest way to do it take it into the tub and jsut pour water in into it.. i had a 22 quart bukets and ran over 3 gallons of water through .them

should the water be de-chlorified? And if you don't have ferts should you still flush it? (for soil)

Wow, I had no idea about flushing the soil. I thought you just quit using ferts for the last 2 weeks and it disolved itself. So you put it in your tub and keep pouring water in it? Can I just run the water from the focet in the tub? This is crazy, I would think that all of the soil would run out the holes in the bottom.

^ I think it's okay, maybe try it in a laundry sink or put the pot over a 5 gallon bucket. I'm not sure but you may want to go with de-chlorified water.

yeah... i usually just go last 3 weeks without ferts, and that's fine... because the plants use up all the available nutes and then they start going deficient, which helps on taste

I flush my 5 gal soil containers using a 5 gallon home dep. bucket and distilled water. The soil container fits perfectly in the 5 gal bucket.

Since i have a small number of plants, this works for me. But when i help others, we use large kiddie pools in combination with that method.

We put stack-able trays, that they have at grocery stores (also I use to dry), backwards in the kiddie pool. We then take a 5 gal bucket with approx. 20 holes in the bottom, and place it on the trays. Put the container in, and flush.

You can skip the 5 gal bucket if using the tray method. Just put the pots on top of the tray, but I personally prefer the space in between because it drains more quickly.

Hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom