Fastest way to cure bud

xjackflashx

I was wondering what is that fastest way to cure bud ((microwave?)) so that i can take a sample of my plant to see how far along it is.....

Re: Fastest way to cure bud...

You can just dry it to sample it,This is how i do it when i wana sample, I get the little bud put a fan to it not too strong just lil air flow, squeeze the bud gently so the hairs get stuck onto the buds and let the air take care of the rest, It should dry in a couple of hours and ready to test.

Using a microwave for this purpose ruins the taste and the high of the product. A fast dry will result in a very harsh tasting product, the microwave will only make it worse because it dries things out so rapidly. Also, you are cooking the buds with microwave rays thus raising the heat of the bud and cooking off any oils present. Drying is never done by heating the room, only if it is bitter cold to raise it to normal temps. However, a room tempeture area is never heated to encorage drying for the reasons I have stated.

Don't waste your buds that you worked so hard to grow just because your in a hurry to start smoking. Good things come to those who wait.

thanks for the post...i have my first taste bud hanging in the closet as we speak..the door is cracked a few inches for vent....when the branch is brittle, thats when ill taste it...

Sounds like a much better plan than the microwave. You will enjoy it alot more this way.

well all went well but i think i picked the lil girl just a tad bit too early...its all good though. Best way to learn is hands on experience right...

that is correct trial and error is the best way, what works for most some times does not work for others, besides you never know when sme off the way thing you tries becomes a standard. I my self fo test purpose place a small sample under a 65 watt light about 10 inches away, you do not want much heat, and i know the light breaks down the crystals and the heat and such, just stating what i do wheni want ot see if a plantis worth keeping or not. also fast drinying ( in my opinion) always is bad for judgin on taste and ptency, but is a good way of getting an idea, the end result when finished to the end and properl;y cured always is better then any sample, but hey i can tell if it is worth keeping or notusually. No Kind Till Its Time! that is the best way to go :-D

when i fast dry i use a toaster oven set at warm or a temp below 140 % and use the toast timer to give it 5-10 min with the door ajar trashes color and harshen taste but does less damage then mircowave....

i have used a toaster oven before not to bad ..but rather then cooking it heat the oven, cut your wet bud up and place it on top of the toaster.. flip the bud as if you were stirring it.. this is a decent method .. but nothing is better then drying the right way

To speed dry some popcorn buds to have a "quick sample", I loosely packed my Vapir ONE's little disc, put the vape on the lowest heat setting, and just put it in. Dried it quickly, however compared to the "long wait", it certainly kills a lot of the flavor and gives it a harsher disposition. It still works though, it will get you high.

One of the problems is often it will get to dry... I have tried this to speed dry a little, then cure in a jar a little.. Came a little better. I don't know, anything done faster seems to not be as good unfortunately...

Then again, I think water-curing is supposed to be a bit faster than hanging and jar curing. But I like my buds to have taste, and water curing really takes a lot of flavor out of the buds.

I put mine in a paper bag. set it in front of the refeigator a day or 2. slow even drying. theres a lotta warm air bolwing out from under !
Slag

i put my samples in a envelope and either set it on top of my ballast for a cpl hours or on top of the cable box for a day or 2 matter of fact should have a sample finishing up today that ill sample after work tonight,hehe

You can just dry it to sample it,This is how i do it when i wana sample, I get the little bud put a fan to it not too strong just lil air flow, squeeze the bud gently so the hairs get stuck onto the buds and let the air take care of the rest, It should dry in a couple of hours and ready to test.
I was trimming some fan leaves,I made my second cut,and I heard "dunk" looked to the floor of my tent,and saw one of my prize Bruce banner nugs just sitting there,I nearly had a heart attack,as I'm two weeks from harvest, and could not believe my stoned stupidity,so that's why I'm reading your article,as iv never smoked Bruce banner,so I might just quick dry and sample,the bud I accidentally cut off,

Back
Top Bottom