Re: Pictures on When to Harvest - Trichome colours

Beautiful pics. Thanks!!

Yes, great example.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkGREEN View Post
    good post!
    Thinking Green!!
    Lately I've been thinking alot about the hereafter. I go somewhere, look around, and wonder,...What am I here after?

That is very cool... thanks for the post.
    Last edited by Happy Kitty; 09-16-2011 at 01:23 AM. Reason: upload photo to gallery
    Aardvark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Percent View Post
    That is very cool... thanks for the post.
    first time grower here just wondering if u dont know the strain or anything about trichomes wen do u start to flush? few days after first signs of amber trich's or is there some other indicator wen you should start a 1-2 week flush?
    Last edited by Happy Kitty; 09-16-2011 at 01:23 AM. Reason: photo in quote uploaded to gallery

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spit1111 View Post
    hi,guys just a quick question,im on to 62 days 12/12,i just done the magnifing thing,an my trichomes(mushroom shape)are clear. how long is it til they go amber/clear.should i start flushing now or wen they go amber/clear..cheers guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganja Munky View Post
    first time grower here just wondering if u dont know the strain or anything about trichomes wen do u start to flush? few days after first signs of amber trich's or is there some other indicator wen you should start a 1-2 week flush?
    I also think this question would be good to have a response to.
    Does anyone have a rule of thumb on this matter?

Lightbulb Re: Pictures on When to Harvest - Trichome colours

Quote Originally Posted by Ganja Munky View Post

In my opinion, which comes from 3 to 4 years of experience.. the best time to begin flushing out the medium.. is generally in the one to two weeks prior to harvest time.

For example, I personally grow with organics and nothing else. I use organic nutrients, soil, etc.. heck, I'd use organic water if there was such a thing, hehehehe.. but seriously, let me get back on track here. Some growers will tell you that since your using all organics, flushing isn't necessary.. which is all fine and good. However, I'm one of those people that truly believe in the motto 'better safe than sorry' you know.. so even with me using ALL organics.. I still stop feeding my plants 2 weeks prior to my estimated harvesting time.. just to be on the safe side, instead of sorry.

Last thing a grower wants, is to spend 60 to 90 days of their lives giving their plants the utmost love and care.. only to have a totally ruined harvest because the grower didn't take proper precautions to prevent such incidents.

I mean, each to their own.. everyone has their own 'style' of doing things when it comes to growing cannabis. But that's how I personally do things.

So, again... in a nutshell.. the best time to start flushing is generally one to two weeks prior to your estimated harvested time.

Hope that helped you out some..

peace & happy holidays!

You need to flush based on the medium. I use rockwool so you only need about 48 hours. With soil, you need to plan ahead by 1-2 weeks. Coco is probably in between the two. The first time growing any strain is hard to get perfect, but the typical flowering times provided can help a lot!

The flexibility in flushing makes rockwool my favorite!

After years, you will recognize when stuff is 'almost done' and in need of a flush.

For me, the tougher call is when to give it ripening formula which I do prior to the flush.

In regards to the OP, I like to pull when I see tric's start to topple over, the color is not what I focus on. When I pull it's typically mostly cloudy tric's with no amber. I think I see one amber in the photo of what I consider ripe.

I have some awsome pics from my HD microscope but dont know how to post pics

Fantastic pictures and explanation, thankyou all!

There really is notes on everything! No sooner do I pose the question than I find the answer was given half a decade ago

Note to self RTFM

Originally Posted by BikerDude
    I have NEVER in my life heard of harvesting at different times for different body highs. A plants gentetics are the plants genetics...

Biker dude is totally wrong, read Ed Rosenthal
    chas2e61 likes this.

Different stages offer different contents of THC, cbn and CBD, it seems fairly obvious that it will offer different highs. I could be wrong as I'm a total newb grower but I do like to read a lot and it seems to make sense to me.
    Elhavik likes this.
    "Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."

1st Timer Newbie Grower / LED - Indoor / Soil / Three Strains

I am new to growing but I believe I have some fine white widows, can anyone help me estimate how ripe they are? how long to harvest ??

Looks to me as though those plants are no more than two weeks into blossom. I am not familiar with the recommended blossom time for White Widow, but assuming a 9 week cycle you have 6 to 7 weeks till those buds are as big as your wrist.
    Lately I've been thinking alot about the hereafter. I go somewhere, look around, and wonder,...What am I here after?

420 Member

Ditto above- you've got at least a month to go. And no matter how tempting, don't settle for "almost peak".... follow the advice here, and wait till the trichomes are your preferred colors. Remember that ~1/2 your final, harvested weight is put on in the last 2 weeks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)