Butane Free Process To Blow Wax! Where Has This Been - Opinions?

dafish20

I've been so tired of smoking wax and getting that butane cough & taste that I decided to google a way to blow wax without the butane. I came across this company called Kleen Xtract, has anyone heard of it? If so, what are your thoughts & honest opinion? I decided to order their smallest size (a pint) to see how it goes since it only cost 20 bucks. I'll post a link to their youtube video that shows how it works, its really low quality, but the simplicity and the final product (bomb shatter) look straight up AMAZING so I'm hoping its as easy as it looks. I'll post on here the final result when the product comes in the mail. Take it easy and stay up.

Re: Butane free process to blow wax! Where has this been?? Opinions?

Interested to see what you come up with. The video isn't very impressive to be honest. Looks nothing like the shatter they have pictures of.

If you're getting a butane cough and taste you are definitely smoking some improper stuff, that has everything to do with the way it was made and nothing to do with the solvent that was used.

Butane is carcinogenic U should not be tasting it in your wax or shatter. If U do then stop smoking it immediately. It is incredibly harmful.

As the other posters here said, U must purge it before use. U can't just rely of passive evaporation to get rid of all the butane.

Interested to hear what U think of the product U linked to. Dubt it's all it's cracked up to be.

using butane is not recommended to smoke, even when it can be purged very well there will still be traces of the butane no matter what and how many ways you purge it. if you want to dab

i recommend 5 star bubble hash, it is the old hippie way of "dabbing" 5 star bubble hash will dab and is extremely potent.
made with

Water, Ice, and Love

I&i

Also, did i hear her say something about 190 degrees? around 120 degrees you will start cooking the terpenes out of the extract as well as cbds best to stay as mentioned above from absolutes, 85-95 degrees is a nice safe bubble. will take more time but the result will be perfect.

Ok. Time for some science!

Looking at the MSDS sheet, this is ethanol. This is also available in most states under the trade name Everclear. Alcohol based extraction methods are a semi polar extraction, meaning it will absorb both hydrophillic and hydrophobic materials in your originating material. While it will extract the THC and terpines, which are hydrophobic, it will also soak in the chlorophyll, proteins, and sugars from the plant material. This will not make shatter or any kind of honey hash, as it will be contaminated with other than hydrophobic substances.

In order to make pure Honey hash, to shatter qualities, you need a non polar substance. This is a chemical that will draw in hydrophobic materials, but not accept the substances which need a polar or semipolar substance to dissolve in. Currently, the 2 substances used to make this is hexane and butane. Hexane has the advantage of being liquid at room tempurature, so will seem more like a modified alcohol extraction technique, only adding in steps to handle making sure all hexane has been cleaned out. (nte: use lab grade hexane only. Hardware store grade can often be laden with bad contaminants). The other substance used is butane, which has a low vapor point, allowing someone to squirt in, stir, and get almost all the butane out.

Some makers using butane use vacuum sparging, drawing the BHO into a partial vacuum, encouraging the remaining to be cleaned out. One personal suggestion would be to skip that, and instead rewash the honey using everclear. This would allow for the release of the butane easily, while only using small amounts of everclear, to make a more refined product.

It might be a fun experiment though, to use a rum or other alcohol in place of everclear, since by this time, you're not really using the alcohol to extract THC, but using it to flush out butane, and could add some interesting flavor profiles.

i have made both that you speak of and winterizing is the only way other then true water and ice bubble. pictures of my winterized will be posted shortly in my extracts thread

I&i

I can't pm yet. Could you contact me I need a oil/wax/shatter guy I'm up by Everett so wa state all my Strains are tested by analytical 360.

i have made both that you speak of and winterizing is the only way other then true water and ice bubble. pictures of my winterized will be posted shortly in my extracts thread

I&i

I have read the awesome qwet instructions, following the link in red. I'm just curious, if time wasn't a concern, can I decarb the material first, by baking it, and purge the alcohol at the end by just letting it evaporate naturally? Even if it took a few days...? Is decarbing at the end better? Thank you!

420motoco knows more about cannabis oil then i, hes taught me what i know.

i would not let it take a few days to purge, the solvent used and the oil mixture will lock solvents and flavors you dont want in.

think of it like Concrete, not sure if you know much about it but the way concrete works is if you poor a giant slab, the center takes for ever to Seal if it ever does (wold trade center i believe they said there was still wet concrete found on the inside of the bottom pillars.

not sure if were on the same topic here either, you talking BHO and winterization or you talking about cannabis oil aka RSO

I&i

420motoco knows more about cannabis oil then i, hes taught me what i know.

i would not let it take a few days to purge, the solvent used and the oil mixture will lock solvents and flavors you dont want in.

think of it like Concrete, not sure if you know much about it but the way concrete works is if you poor a giant slab, the center takes for ever to Seal if it ever does (wold trade center i believe they said there was still wet concrete found on the inside of the bottom pillars.

not sure if were on the same topic here either, you talking BHO and winterization or you talking about cannabis oil aka RSO

I&i
Well... I am not talking about BHO...just using everclear and doing a quick wash, so qwet...I am familiar with RSO but barely. Your answer actually makes perfect sense and is what I wanted to know. I was also asking about thinning oil, thick but still a liquid, to vape in a cartridge...and regarding that I was asking about what I get retail here, it's co2 extracted and refined, great to dab but too thick to use in a clearo or carto, I don't care for the pre-packaged stuff, and I was trying to help clarify what I think someone else was asking, which is what many are asking, what is a good agent to use? I have a PG+PEG mix that works very well, but I ran out and don't know the exact mix. "liquidizer" is available on eBay, and it thins errls (all concentrate) to vape in a tank, requires heat + agitation to mix and it separates back out pretty fast, and leaves behind waxy golden crystals in my vape tank, or cartridge. You seem pretty knowledgeable, I think that's why she was asking you. I am curious if you have any thoughts.

sorry i got confused there, happens often ;)

Im going to have to continue to do some more research before i can give advise onto what is a good agent to dilute the extract with. As of right now im only aware of the two known agents that i dont recommend and i personally have a throat ichy reaction to the VG.

i will hopefully have this answer for you by thursday if there is another option for a agent.

Right now, what i currently recommend patients to do that want a convenient stealth pen setup to smoke their oil concentrates that are thicker, is to use a Ceramic Atomizer.
atomizer.jpg

you can scratch the thick wax/shatter on to these (as long as you dont clog it) i put a grain of rice size on mine, lasts 2-3 good size hits almost like out of a rig.

you do have to load it more often, but mine comes with a outer sleeve that makes it to where you cant tell if there is wax, or liquid in mine. people just see a pen, and me blow "vapor" cloud out. which no one questions what that cloud is.

i will still be searching for a better agent for the liquid, this could just be a temporary solution for you? these ceramic tops you can get for 7$ or so

I&i

There's actually a new method of producing pure wax like this that Vice did a special on, apparently if you use a straightening-iron to compress and heat a nug that's wrapped in wax paper, the thc will melt off/out of the bud and stick to the paper. Easy and clean.

There's actually a new method of producing pure wax like this that Vice did a special on, apparently if you use a straightening-iron to compress and heat a nug that's wrapped in wax paper, the thc will melt off/out of the bud and stick to the paper. Easy and clean.

Wax paper won't work, you gotta use parchment paper ... and even then I have wasted quite a few nugs failing to achieve wax

Back
Top Bottom