Naphtha evaporation without heat?

Devoswitch

Hi all,
After a recent Naptha explosion which left me fucked and in and out of the burns unit Im not real keen on using heat/rice cooker to evap anymore...
Is it possible to evap without heat? Maybe just a fan outside or something? I want the safest method possible...

Thanks heaps

Not sure what naptha is but if it alcohol based then you can let it sit to evap. Cover with a splatter guard or clingfilm with holes in it to stop foreign objects falling in. May take a while to evap so just be patient. Made some iso oil the other day with no heat (apart from to collect at the end after alcohol has gone), took around 5 days for the iso to fully evap.

Hey, thanks heaps for your reply. I'm guessing others were just too busy in their hectic lives to help a brother out!
I'm in Australia and here Naptha is called Shellite.
Again thanks mate! Take care

No problem. Dont worry about replies not coming in as a lot of us are all stoned! Also depends on what people are looking for. For future reference with doing anything weed related is do the research first and build a picture, be it trimming, making bubble hash or making iso oil then reasearch, research, research. What works for one person may not work for another and everyone has their own ways of doing things that suit them. I make bubble hash but had some bad runs and ok runs, then found a video which i followed and put my own spin on it. Now my bubble turns out amazing.

Here is some bubble i made recently.
20150807_235319.jpg

For making iso oil safely read my new recent thread - Make ISO oil safely

Hi all,
After a recent Naptha explosion which left me fucked and in and out of the burns unit Im not real keen on using heat/rice cooker to evap anymore...
Is it possible to evap without heat? Maybe just a fan outside or something? I want the safest method possible...

Thanks heaps

If you are using PURE naptha then you can likely let it evaporate naturally, but it will be quite a slow process. If you are using something bought at a hardware store, then its more likely to be the same as camp fuel and that has additives in it, like rust inhibitors, that may never evaporate and can be quite toxic.

I distill naphtha from camp stove fuel to purify it then distill the oil/naphtha down to a small amount and evap it in a pyrex pie plate on a pot of simmering water on a hot plate out in the carport. Distill butane too for reuse. Gotta be careful with all that stuff.

Covered with cheese cloth or something it will evap on it's own but there shouldn't be a problem on a warm water bath.

How did you happen to mess up and get injured Devoswitch?

L8r

Back
Top Bottom