Polishing Extracts for the first time

HizzyB

If there's anyone willing to school me on the proper ways to evaporate off the everclear (190) we used I'd surely be grateful.
Stuff is so flammable it's really got me worried.
As for now I have a clean towel on top and connected to the Pyrex dish were using.

What happened was I had a BHO run go bad and got pretty dark shatter

We liquified the 37.5 gram party with a 1.75L bottle of 190 proof grain liquor.
Taking forever (seems like a long time) to evaporate down and what worries me is the fan that near it and the power it's using.

Wouldn't mind using it to winterize but not if there's a real risk of burning down the pad?

I know there's a diff between flammable and explosive
Thanks ahead of time
c2069f47ee20caf03839265289568eef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420

So far were evaporated enough I was able to pour the last 300 mls in the Pyrex
Hopefully will be down to bubbles popping in another 24-36 hours
If it's cleaned, patients get better relief/effect it's all worth
It.

With the boiling point being like 170 degree F difference between the butane and the grain alcohol I am worried to get it really cooking it would burn up the terps

It's halfway done but yeah I gotta try something
4 days is too long lol
Thanks JC

I will keep y'all posted as too how the oil turns out
Should know something in a day or two

Am worried if I get it hot enough to boil off the liquor it'll effect the taste
Guess if edibles was the goal it wouldn't much matter?
Thanks again

Some kind of chemical reaction happened last night when I took the towel off that was on top of the Pyrex dish. Was using the towel in an attempt to keep it dirt and dust free. It was taking forever to evaporate.
Not sure if something fell into it or what, like white oily milk taking over.

Ptfe is it bad to polish extracts?

Hopefully someone will chime in

no clue on the milky substance other than its spoiled.

however, for your next time, you could set your pyrex into a pan of hot water. replace the water pan as needed. I've thought about using a heating pad under the water pan to keep it hot. have an old waterbed heater kicking around if I ever find everclear to use, lol.

You can use a double boiler with QWET. Takes all of about 20 minutes. Make sure you have proper ventilation and no open flame. Not sure what happened here, but it doesn't look good.

So is there a temp I should attempt to get the bath at?
Usually if I'm purging BHO I don't go over 100-105
I heard the boiling point of everclear is like 174
Won't I burn the terpenes at a temp like that? Maybe I'm missing something here. Appreciate the help.

You would have to purge off the lower temp one first, guessing that's the butane. Then it would either be using double boiling or evaporation to get the everclear out of there. Would it burn the terpenes? I have no idea, but I bet a quick Google search would let you know.

OK that white cream you're seeing is a reaction from butane and alcohol and trich. You didn't fully purge all your butane, so what you've got is a mix. I suggest using an induction cook top with oil in the pan then your purge dish in that plus fan to try to salvage what you've got

Back
Top Bottom