Making hash out of stems

Racefan, this is true if all you want is to get high, medicinally though CBD's are found in the leaves and stems. CBD's help us oldsters stand the little aches and pains of living this long!=D

What? First off I'm not a youngster. I'm 41 years old and I understand aches and pains more than I should. I've been in constant pain since 1986. Been growing longer than that. The question was whether you can make hash from stems. Not if stems are smokeable. I guess if you chop them up and try to run some solvent through them you may get some sort of tincture or oil that has plenty of cbd's and cbn's to help but from years of experience there are not enough trichomes on stems to make trying to make hash from them time or labor efficient. And that is my answer to the question. If there is a method that produces a decent amount of "real" hash from stems within a decent amount of time then I would love to know about it as I've thrown my stems away for years and would hate to think I've been shorting myself meds.

my friend saved up a bunch of stems and was planing on buying a hash bag to make oil out of them,i was assuming you can make hash oil out stems becuae thats what i have been told....

Waste of time, IMO. You might get something to smoke out of it but it'd be more plant material than trichomes. By weight the buds and trim have a much higher percentage of psychoactive ingredients in them than stems. Maybe in a pinch it will work but I don't recommend throwing in stems if you're trying to make good hash...

i just grinded some stems in my coffee grinder to powder, an packed a 3g hooka with it, we toked on it for like 20 minutes, and it didnt taste bad..

i was stoned lol

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
M.Twain
Sounds like a labor of futility. Stems contain trace amounts, if any, psycho active compunds. The entire idea is preposterous and promises many headaches.

I, too, have made hash oil out of stems and shake, and its not really a waste of time. It only takes an hour or so to boil out the solvent, depending on how much you have.

If you pinch or rub a stem with your fingers and can get a pungent smell and or have sticky fingers .......you can make hash with bubble bags. You'll need a substantial amount of stem material to work with. .........It's Not the best , but it is hash none the less.

If you use stems in bubble bags you risk a chance to rip those expensive bags. Trying to use stems for hash is like milking a dead cow. It just don't work very well.

You need to cut them into one or two inch pieces. It helps to use a highly resinous strain like Afghanni . Like I said , not the best , but better to have in your bowl than in the trash can.

Racefan said:
oil is not hash. Hash is a collection of trichomes. Pulling the THC out of the stems with a solvent is not making hash. it's making oil. And considering how little of THC there is in the stems it just doesn't make sense to do it. Too much work for so little amount IMO.

There you go. Dead on point. :headbanger:

EDIT - POST 2000! WOOHOO!!!!

Ever seen a honey-bee extractor? Mine looks just like that but a little bigger. I got stainless steel pipe from my father when he worked for PG&E at the geysers in Lake county and a couple of stainless end caps. Yes you get a little bit of thc from stems but I don't use them for it. I don't use stems for anything as IMO they are really useless. I toss my stems outside in the manzanita bushes. Sort of my gift back to nature I guess.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom