Kief vs. hash?

hash is kief pressed together

not sure if it would hit you any different, i havn't smoked a lot of kief

... but with keif you would have more surface area.... lol i dunno, i know i love hash :cheesygrinsmiley: i'm packing some on top of a bowl now..

hash is kief pressed together

not sure if it would hit you any different, i havn't smoked a lot of kief

I always thought that kief/kif was more like the dry crumblies (lol). You know, a lot of trichomes, but a lot of the ultra-fine dried plant material as well.

Or alternatively, a collection of unpressed trichomes that still needed to be heated/compressed.

Tell me, how hot does hash burn? I know that when I smoke kief I have to be careful or I'll burn my throat even when using a water pipe.

Burn or turn to vapor? Try holding the lighter farther away (and/or turning down the flame) and drawing slower.

For me kief (I call it kif) is what falls threw the screen in my 3 piece grinder. Once I let my newbie friends smoke on their own. I had mentioned the kief to them and while I was in my own little world one of them tried smoking kief in my vapor genie. The first hit was fine but on the second since the kief is so fine it went threw the screen and he inhaled it. Right away he puked all over himself. He hasn't smoked since lol. Anyway, when I can smoke again I'm going to try to rig the flame filter from the vapor genie onto the stem for my bong. Vapor bong!

I recently had an ounce of kif, which I got from budbuddy (I'm Canadian). It smelled exactly like pressed hash, not the black kind but the green/blond kind. The kif was actually kind of a beige color. I could make it into hash by wrapping some in foil, heating it with a lighter and then pressing it under a book with my hands. Just like normal hash. I seemed to get higher when I pressed it into hash and smoked a chunk than when I smoked it in powder form. Probably just more in the bowl that way.

Tell me, how hot does hash burn? I know that when I smoke kief I have to be careful or I'll burn my throat even when using a water pipe.

strange that its burning your throat , i think mabe the screen used had to large of openings and leaf grindings got threw , i use a 24 k gold cone coffee filter made by Braun it works awesome and i am very careful not to grind up what ever i am shaking , if i start to get green coming threw i know i messed it up because most of my kief is a nice light shade of tan and it it has no burn it taste like the gold it was filterd threw and i still use the rest of the leaf to make coma butter , but i guess some strains could be harsh ,

i find it easier and more efficient to smoke crystals when compressed into hash,, i find it burns nicer and more evenly ,, especially when doing blades,,
if gonna smoke just crystals, i usually just top a bowl with some, as kinda turns to hash and without some bud in there your gonna blaze your screen,,

Like JasonX said,, i find i get higher when smoking chunk form than powder, but could be just the same reason, smoking more cause its compressed, getting bigger hits, seems to expand more in lungs when compressed,, but really either way gets you blasted right,, :grinjoint:

i saw some guy collect it and almost had a mason jar full, i was drooling. if you have a divice and just shake a big amount, the loose stuff falls off and you get a good yeild of just kief. but i'm sure if you payed for it it would be A LOT

You press it,it's hash,if you don't it's what the folks here called Kif.

As most of the Kif were talking about here is produced by sifting,it's color runs from light green to a dark brown.

Fresh Kif can have a wild high. I like it pressed into hash and aged a couple of months to balance the high out. The local Skunk makes a very nice hash,but hardly anyone bothers to go to the effort.

Fresh Sativa kifs are deceptive Many have nothing but a bright head high. You don't realize you've smoked too much until you have to get up to do something.

First off, Hash is Kief compressed or pressed or baked or rolled into a clump, chunk or cake or patty or round ball.
KIEF is removed trichomes, also called Resin Glands in the UK and Europe. In some countries, they mistakenly call Kief Pollen.

When we smoke to get high, we are inhaling the gases and moisture and chemicals and whatever did NOT burn and espcaped the fire. Consequently, we do not want a VERY HOT fire or a flaming fire that burns all of that up int he flames, we want a slow burn to deliver and get more smoke.

When I smoke KIEF in a pipe, and hit it with a flame, it goes WOOF! and burns very fast and hot. If I take that Kief and roll it around in between my fingers, or squeeze it and compress it into a chunk or clump, it burns much much slower. When I smoke HASH, it burns slowly across the chunk, like charcoal burns across from side to side and I get more smoke< I need less of it, and I get higher.

For more history and details on Hash, look at my link in my signature.

Back
Top Bottom