Can you eat hash oil (raw) without cooking it?

Yes, but not by itself. What you need to do is take a spoon of vegetable oil or melted butter and put a blob of oil in it (heat it so it drops in) then heat the spoon a little and mix the blob around in the oil with a knife tip or something until it's well dispersed. Then you can easily swallow it down. Don't heat the spoon too much or get carbon on the bottom of it from the lighter flame being too close. Your mouth wouldn't appreciate that. And, yes, it's pretty bitter, which is why you swallow it right down.

Go easy on the blob size because this gets you seriously stoned. It's a lot more intense than smoking and it's a different type of high. If you take a big blob you may have a little trouble breathing, it's that intense. I did this every day for a while when I was out of work and I had 20 grams of oil on hand. After smoking it for a few weeks, my lungs were getting all oiled up and I couldn't take it anymore so I switched to eating it by the method just described. The first time I took a big blob I got way too high, even though I'd been smoking all day every day for weeks prior. After that, my system adjusted to it and I could breathe okay but what would happen is that I would lay down and go into sort of a trance state for about an hour or so and gradually come back to full consciousness over the next while, then I would hit it again. Granted, not a lot of fun, but I was depressed about being out of work so I liked the oblivion.

Yes... But as it's soluable in oil (NOT water) as inferred above. So you'd need to eat a LOT of it.

Kind of like eating a bud vs. using the same amount of bud to make a firecracker or whatever.

If you call a teaspoon of vegetable oil and a blob of hash oil about the size of a grain of corn a lot then yeah. If you didn't mix it with vegetable oil you would need a lot because you wouldn't absorb it very well. By spreading it out in vegetable oil you make it easily absorbed. You also shouldn't eat or drink anything for a while after taking the oil.

That's what I said lol.

I was thinking of preparing the oil in whatever way needed first - such as heating it - then you just pack it in a gel-cap from your local health food store. Less mess and zero taste!

Cheer for all the replies fellas, lots of good ideas here.

Jason mate, you make a very solid point. Ingesting oil this way could be potentially life-threatening if you aren't careful.

:peace:

:laugh:Man, imagine the mess you could make doin this. Hahaha. I get enough of it on my teeth just spreading it on paper.

"..."

(Can't speak - I'm rolling around laughing :grinjoint:.)

:nicethread:

I was thinking of preparing the oil in whatever way needed first - such as heating it - then you just pack it in a gel-cap from your local health food store. Less mess and zero taste!

Cheer for all the replies fellas, lots of good ideas here.

Jason mate, you make a very solid point. Ingesting oil this way could be potentially life-threatening if you aren't careful.

:peace:
check this out....
Cannabrex Nutriceutical

Yes, but not by itself. What you need to do is take a spoon of vegetable oil or melted butter and put a blob of oil in it (heat it so it drops in) then heat the spoon a little and mix the blob around in the oil with a knife tip or something until it's well dispersed. Then you can easily swallow it down. Don't heat the spoon too much or get carbon on the bottom of it from the lighter flame being too close. Your mouth wouldn't appreciate that. And, yes, it's pretty bitter, which is why you swallow it right down.

Go easy on the blob size because this gets you seriously stoned. It's a lot more intense than smoking and it's a different type of high. If you take a big blob you may have a little trouble breathing, it's that intense. I did this every day for a while when I was out of work and I had 20 grams of oil on hand. After smoking it for a few weeks, my lungs were getting all oiled up and I couldn't take it anymore so I switched to eating it by the method just described. The first time I took a big blob I got way too high, even though I'd been smoking all day every day for weeks prior. After that, my system adjusted to it and I could breathe okay but what would happen is that I would lay down and go into sort of a trance state for about an hour or so and gradually come back to full consciousness over the next while, then I would hit it again. Granted, not a lot of fun, but I was depressed about being out of work so I liked the oblivion.

Great post Jason. I'm an old time hash-eater,30 plus years.

Eating too much always gets you early in your career. lol.

Hash acts as a true hallucinogen when eaten,oil more so. Eat about a 1/3 of what think you'll need and wait an hour and half. You should be pretty happy.

I use smooth peanut butter and honey in method similar to Jason's. Have fun.

Still haven't tried this yet.

I like to blend my oil with my buds. Mulled up together, without being too harsh, it's a very nice smoke.
Wow I must have been seriously out of it when I wrote that LOL - off topic much?

Great post Jason. I'm an old time hash-eater,30 plus years.

Eating too much always gets you early in your career. lol.

Hash acts as a true hallucinogen when eaten,oil more so. Eat about a 1/3 of what think you'll need and wait an hour and half. You should be pretty happy.

I use smooth peanut butter and honey in method similar to Jason's. Have fun.

Thanks for your posts guys.

This Friday I'll be hiking with a friend, we're going to try eating it. We've got this oil he had sitting around in a jar for nearly two years! He swears it's gotten better with age, like wine, we were blazed as all F*CK Saturday night - it was like acid.

How long do you think it needs to be heated?

Just mix the oil with the peanut butter and heat it lightly a half minute or so. I always heard 5 minutes,but it would A) turn into a molten mess B) I was too damned lazy to heat it for five minutes. I'd mix it,eat and wait 45 minutes for the interesting stuff to start to happen. It always did.

Take it easy on the amount you try with the first attempt. If you eat too much,it's running the show for for the next few hours.

I remember the first time I ate hash,it was about 1974,some weak Moroccan green hash,a little more potent than today's better shwag. I figured since it took about a gram smoking it to get royally ripped that's how much I should eat.

An hour and a half in I'm buzzed up good when my lil' sister turns up. I noticed she looked a little odd to me,and I remember thinking,"Why does Sarah look like a dolphin?"

I had her bike which I'd fixed for her earlier that day. I gave it to her and sent the lil' sea mammal on her way.

Cut back to about a 1/3 of what you'd normally smoke the first time out and work from there. You'll have a handle on your base dosage your third or fourth time out.

Back
Top Bottom