Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Making hash out of stems

420 Member

Re: making hash out of stems

I've made butter from a recipe off a diff. site and it was awful. It tasted like field grass,literally.
    The brownies and cookies made with it were no better.
    mcloadie likes this.

420 Member
    Blog Entries

have done stem mining my self at times

was really suprised at quality of recovered matieral when i took a big bag of stems and left it in the freezer with
    the blender overnight night and put small bunches throught the frozen blender and screened it and put it all back in freezer between runs

was inspired by ice hash directions

the dust that grew in the blender sides tasted pretty good
    if i separated it out
    mcloadie likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zolar View Post
    have done stem mining my self at times

was really suprised at quality of recovered matieral when i took a big bag of stems and left it in the freezer with
    the blender overnight night and put small bunches throught the frozen blender and screened it and put it all back in freezer between runs

was inspired by ice hash directions

the dust that grew in the blender sides tasted pretty good
    if i separated it out
    But that is chopped up stems and in no way hash. Hash is a collection of trichomes only. Not chopped up plant material.
    Every time I tried to smoke stems I got a headache. I don't see how chopping or grinding it to dust will change it's effect when it's the same material just in a different form.

Blog Entries

Any method of making HASH will take a substantial ammount of material. HASH is tric's that have been gathered in some way. I have learned how to make hash with a bucket and top, 3 different screens, a funnel, a masonry cement mixer, and a power drill. OH and a ton of clippings and stems. Some say to put some of the schwag into it to help a lil but schwag is not that great so how would it help. PS When making HASH the colder the temp the better..... Its a winter thing. Or a thing with lots of ice.

Maybe, but NOT!! Having a digital Volcano, no this is a no vote trying this. Save up and do it right. No, making hash from Stems.. NOT.... unless one has a ton literally of stems, and can grind them up. CBD's or not.
    My recipe for Black Bubble Hash: Simple: 1 lb Bud Trimmings = app 75-100 grams of packed dried cured black gooey hash. Bubbleator and 3 bags, 4 washes, takes 3 hours total time. Water temp 34 Degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by weezyfasheezy View Post
    take your stems and put them in kif box, shake it around for a few minutes and slide out the bottom. You'll be surprised at what you find.
    thats what i do........works good..............PEACE

420 Member

I do that with bud stem in a large mint tin once a month,Happie. I use my finger to wipe up the trics. The small ball of kief goes into another tin for storage. I'll have an nice lil' bit of hash after 3-4 months. I've been doing it since the 70's when a friend showed me the trick.

How much you get depends on how much weed you smoke.

BTW,don't throw away the baggies your bud comes in without doing that finger wipe trick to get the fine kief/trichs clinging to the bag.

Yeah,I've got problems when it comes to hash and being a cheap bassard.

how wise would it be to practice making hash from your stems/shake? i am yet to invest alot into hash b/c im still worried about wasting money...and bud of course i think thAt sounds like a good idea but will it be similair at all?

BTW what is the finger wipe trick? i just lick my fingers when theyre covered in kief

Blog Entries

STEMS DO NOT MAKE HASH use trim or any bud you want in what ever metod you want.Stems are a waste of time and energy do you smoke stems?
    mcloadie likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 88noroof View Post
    how wise would it be to practice making hash from your stems/shake? i am yet to invest alot into hash b/c im still worried about wasting money...and bud of course i think thAt sounds like a good idea but will it be similair at all?

BTW what is the finger wipe trick? i just lick my fingers when theyre covered in kief
    The most simplest way i make hash is to take about a pound of dried trim and loose bottom buds,these i grid up,place it in the freezer for a day.Place a few sheets of news papper on the table on to of this i put a wooden silk screen,the tyep used to make tee shirts.now i take a and full of the trim/bud mix and gently rub it over the screen.I do this till the pound is done.I then lift the screen and scrap the the tri cromes in to a nice golden pile of keif.I then repeat this again pressing harder and rubbing longer to get a second pile of keif this will be a litte more greener in color.This will be less potant then the first rubbing but still goodApplying heat and pressure will bind the tri cromes into hash.i do this by putting them into a manila envolpe and put in to a vice.i then apply heat from a hot air gun onece or twice a day for three days till it binds into hash.All you realy need is the silk screen at 120 microns or 220 for really fine quality hash making.the screen will cost about254 dollars.
    Now the finger method comes from triming or braking buds up by hand.Your finer's wolud become coverd with tri cromes till thay get black.By rubbing your fingers together you will get little balls of black hash.In jamaica this summer i stayed in nigril and a local sold me 40 grams of finger hash for 60$dollars

im going to Jamaica, they must smoke weed there

Quote Originally Posted by Racefan View Post
    . If there is a method that produces a decent amount of "real" hash from stems within a decent amount of time then I would love to know about it as I've thrown my stems away for years and would hate to think I've been shorting myself meds.
    I always save my stems, then get some 95% grain alch. (everclear) and grind up the stems (usually about a 1/4 - 1/2 ounce) really fine and soak them in about a half a glass of alch. for 24 hours (sometimes longer) then get a coffee filter to separate the solids form the green liquid. I then boil off the alch. in a mason jar in a pot of simmering water on an electric stove until it becomes a thick oil at the bottom of the jar i then add a small bit of kief and keep heating until im left with a thick black-green tar. and it has always turned out to be quite potent meds...... may not be "real" hash, just what i do

Quote Originally Posted by 88noroof View Post
    im going to Jamaica, they must smoke weed there
    lol
    mcloadie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief ALeaf View Post
    lol
    mcloadie likes this.

420 Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by naturalhi View Post
    Racefan, this is true if all you want is to get high, medicinally though CBD's are found in the leaves and stems. CBD's help us oldsters stand the little aches and pains of living this long!=D
    I have not tried to make hash from stems, but I have used them to make a type of Chi Tea. Since that tea is made with milk, the oil in the milk could absorb some of the thc . It turned out to have a bit of a kick like eating a brownie. I like chewing my stems and I would like to know more about CBD's and other components of Cannabis.
    mcloadie likes this.
    Michael

Make Hemp History; End prohibition NOW!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast