Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Can you eat hash oil (raw) without cooking it?

Question Can you eat hash oil (raw) without cooking it?

Can you eat hash oil 'as is' if made with a solvent, such as butane?

Or does it need to be prepared by baking first, like bud butter?

420 Member

Re: Can you eat hash oil (raw) without cooking it?

Yeah but it tastes like shit raw.lol

Yes, but not by itself. What you need to do is take a spoon of vegetable oil or melted butter and put a blob of oil in it (heat it so it drops in) then heat the spoon a little and mix the blob around in the oil with a knife tip or something until it's well dispersed. Then you can easily swallow it down. Don't heat the spoon too much or get carbon on the bottom of it from the lighter flame being too close. Your mouth wouldn't appreciate that. And, yes, it's pretty bitter, which is why you swallow it right down.

Go easy on the blob size because this gets you seriously stoned. It's a lot more intense than smoking and it's a different type of high. If you take a big blob you may have a little trouble breathing, it's that intense. I did this every day for a while when I was out of work and I had 20 grams of oil on hand. After smoking it for a few weeks, my lungs were getting all oiled up and I couldn't take it anymore so I switched to eating it by the method just described. The first time I took a big blob I got way too high, even though I'd been smoking all day every day for weeks prior. After that, my system adjusted to it and I could breathe okay but what would happen is that I would lay down and go into sort of a trance state for about an hour or so and gradually come back to full consciousness over the next while, then I would hit it again. Granted, not a lot of fun, but I was depressed about being out of work so I liked the oblivion.

420 Member of the Month (Oct 10') TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
    Blog Entries

Yes... But as it's soluable in oil (NOT water) as inferred above. So you'd need to eat a LOT of it.

Kind of like eating a bud vs. using the same amount of bud to make a firecracker or whatever.
    Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul
    Apathy is evil
    "At the end of the season of sorrows comes the time of rejoicing. Spring, like a well-oiled clock, noiselessly indicates this time." -Roger Zelazny

HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests

If you call a teaspoon of vegetable oil and a blob of hash oil about the size of a grain of corn a lot then yeah. If you didn't mix it with vegetable oil you would need a lot because you wouldn't absorb it very well. By spreading it out in vegetable oil you make it easily absorbed. You also shouldn't eat or drink anything for a while after taking the oil.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
    Blog Entries

That's what I said lol.
    Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul
    Apathy is evil
    "At the end of the season of sorrows comes the time of rejoicing. Spring, like a well-oiled clock, noiselessly indicates this time." -Roger Zelazny

Plant of the Month: Third Place Winner tintala's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I ate a ball of hash in Nepal once............once coz i almost died!
    tintala's Gallery of Ganja

"Self conscience is a hinderance in the execution of all physical activity" -Bruce Lee

Man, imagine the mess you could make doin this. Hahaha. I get enough of it on my teeth just spreading it on paper.

I was thinking of preparing the oil in whatever way needed first - such as heating it - then you just pack it in a gel-cap from your local health food store. Less mess and zero taste!

Cheer for all the replies fellas, lots of good ideas here.

Jason mate, you make a very solid point. Ingesting oil this way could be potentially life-threatening if you aren't careful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hardope View Post
    Man, imagine the mess you could make doin this. Hahaha. I get enough of it on my teeth just spreading it on paper.
    "..."

(Can't speak - I'm rolling around laughing .)

Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul
    Apathy is evil

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StonyGeoff View Post
    I was thinking of preparing the oil in whatever way needed first - such as heating it - then you just pack it in a gel-cap from your local health food store. Less mess and zero taste!

Cheer for all the replies fellas, lots of good ideas here.

Jason mate, you make a very solid point. Ingesting oil this way could be potentially life-threatening if you aren't careful.

check this out....
    Cannabrex Nutriceutical

Plant of the Month: Third Place Winner tintala's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Racefan View Post
    check this out....
    Cannabrex Nutriceutical
    woa , interesting!
    tintala's Gallery of Ganja

"Self conscience is a hinderance in the execution of all physical activity" -Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by tintala View Post
    woa , interesting!
    Very interesting.
    I am glad to answer any questions you may about it . . .

Still haven't tried this yet.

I like to blend my oil with my buds. Mulled up together, without being too harsh, it's a very nice smoke.

420 Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonX View Post
    Yes, but not by itself. What you need to do is take a spoon of vegetable oil or melted butter and put a blob of oil in it (heat it so it drops in) then heat the spoon a little and mix the blob around in the oil with a knife tip or something until it's well dispersed. Then you can easily swallow it down. Don't heat the spoon too much or get carbon on the bottom of it from the lighter flame being too close. Your mouth wouldn't appreciate that. And, yes, it's pretty bitter, which is why you swallow it right down.

Go easy on the blob size because this gets you seriously stoned. It's a lot more intense than smoking and it's a different type of high. If you take a big blob you may have a little trouble breathing, it's that intense. I did this every day for a while when I was out of work and I had 20 grams of oil on hand. After smoking it for a few weeks, my lungs were getting all oiled up and I couldn't take it anymore so I switched to eating it by the method just described. The first time I took a big blob I got way too high, even though I'd been smoking all day every day for weeks prior. After that, my system adjusted to it and I could breathe okay but what would happen is that I would lay down and go into sort of a trance state for about an hour or so and gradually come back to full consciousness over the next while, then I would hit it again. Granted, not a lot of fun, but I was depressed about being out of work so I liked the oblivion.
    Great post Jason. I'm an old time hash-eater,30 plus years.

Eating too much always gets you early in your career. lol.

Hash acts as a true hallucinogen when eaten,oil more so. Eat about a 1/3 of what think you'll need and wait an hour and half. You should be pretty happy.

I use smooth peanut butter and honey in method similar to Jason's. Have fun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast