Solution Found for Failing Economy

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
With the economic crisis we are in, researchers have been looking for more ways Americans can generate income and stimulate our economy. One option that seems to be overlooked is the decriminalization of cannabis and possible benefits we could get from it.

Our earliest founders used various forms of cannabis in their everyday lives. George Washington once told his farm manager to "Make the most you can of the Indian hemp [hashish] seed. Sow it everywhere." Thomas Jefferson also cultivated cannabis.

Benjamin Franklin, who started the first paper mill, did so using cannabis exclusively.

Nothing has changed with the plant, yet our civilization seems to think that those who enjoy are criminals. I bet our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves knowing how we criminalize those who participate in this activity.

Various Acts from the 1920s and 1930s were passed in order to criminalize marijuana and its use.

At first, it was merely a simple, revenue-producing move. As the years went by, states were encouraged to impose punishment to those who were caught enjoying its benefits. What is so wrong with it?

I've heard the arguments that it is a gateway drug leading to the abuse of other substances, but how valid is that? I know of lots of people who enjoy marijuana-students, parents, grandparents, teachers, CEOs, even lawyers and politicians. Television shows and movies have no problem showing characters taking pleasure in marijuana as if it were common knowledge and an everyday occurrence, WHICH IT IS.

Why is hemp illegal and not just marijuana? The answer is so simple it makes me writhe with anger.

It looks too much like marijuana. I think it is ridiculous that such a thing that could help millions is not legal because of its appearance.

What benefits are associated with cannabis? Marijuana is not the only form of cannabis. Various forms of hemp are also included in the category.

Did you know that hemp can be used to make paper, plastic-like material, toiletries, cloth, and even fuel? The recent financial activity of our nation is looking for ways to answer this recession and come up with some new sources that not only help make money, but also create jobs. Legalizing cannabis would solve a lot of these issues!

Cultivating hemp to make products we use every day would not only solve the money and job problems, but we might also be able to save some of our forests from destruction. Animals would have homes-homes that would have otherwise been destroyed! So many of our every day belongings and habits can be made of or fueled by a product of hemp.

We can use hemp to create material necessary to build sustainable homes and office buildings that are aesthetically pleasing and strong enough to endure earthquakes and home fires.

Plastic-like material can be made from hemp, too! Biodiesels produced from hemp can help decrease our dependence on foreign oil, not to mention the actual necessity of it.

For the many people who are jobless or looking for a better-paying position, look no further than hemp. The best solution, yet the only one not considered. I can't help but be disappointed that our leaders have been so blind to the opportunity hemp can offer.

For now, I guess we'll just have to keep polluting the air with our vehicle emissions and simultaneously killing innocent animals by knocking down the trees that provide them their homes.

Wake up America!

Its 2009!

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: The Current Online
Author: CHERA MEYER
Copyright: 2009 The Current

The fact that a racist law is being propped up by Obama is so sickly sweet. Here is a quote I found."This is a disaster and it wouldn’t be happening if our marijuana policy weren't such a mind-bending theater of idiocy and intolerance."

Copyright: 2008 StoptheDrugWar.org

I think that says it all.

As a side note when I get down about the insanity I like to listen to Kings of Leon to cheer me up - your sex is on fire!

one other thing I would like to say on this topic. The economy could be turned around if only hemp was made legal. If Cannabis in all forms was legal everywhere we would have low crime rates, many happy people and a sustainable economy that grows only by the amount we grow more hemp and cannabis.

Ladies and Gentleman Decriminalazation is the answer, then let nature take it's course. It's not a crime to grow a plant to help a nation.

The way I see it a few things have to take place first!

#1 and the MOST IMPORTANT is a way to FIELD Test a driver to see if they are under the influence, this has to be done first, then we can move toward decriminalazation. I believe over 50% of the people in the US would go along with decriminalization if such a test were available and effective. We have to have ultraconservative Mom and the Preacher on the band wagon or it will never happen, and the only way that with happen is if they believe that our roads are safe, let alone the fact that a tired Driver is 10 times more dangerous than a driver under the influence of Marijuana!

#2 A useful reason to cultivate Hemp, IE: Biofuels, Paper and other products that we HAVE TO HAVE in everyday life, or an argument that makes those that appose it willing to accept decriminaliztion for the better good of the USA.

#3 Save Money, no more housing of inmates to which costs us dearly for every person sitting behind bars for growing Marijuana. Also lost revenue from those sitting in Jail from lost wages that Uncle Sam collects taxes to redistribute to the other SOB's sitting on there ASS drawing a Check!

#4 CRP Program, this little none Federal Program Pays farmer's so much per Acre to NOT GROW ROW CROPS! It's a Government program designed to help the small farmer with "not so desirable" growing land, and what use to be $35 and Acre for 20 years, not sure what it pays today. It worked like this, Uncle Sam buys the Pine Trees, and you pay to have them Planted, then Uncle SAM pays you $35 an Acre for 20 years, then at the end of the 20 years your free to do what you wish with the Trees! Now let's do the Math, 100 acres x $35 = $3500 x 20 = $70,000 per 100 acres, add the price of Timber that's another $100,000 to $150,000 dollars. Did uncle Sam just take $70,000 dollars away from you and I to give to a Farmer to sit on his ASS, and a retirement check in 20 years of $100k to $150k? Put the Damn Farmer back to doing what he was born and raised to do................ FARM. How many crops in a year can be grown and harvested for Paper, Fuel and other products we NEED.

The pandhandle of FLorida is right now is building 2 BioFuel Plants for use in Tirpenes extraction. They will take tree refuse a byproduct of the paper industry and turn it into fuel. Alcohol and Biodiesel will be the product made from this material. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that 1 Acre of hemp Plants per year will out produce pine tree tops that take years to grow, and could possibly makes 2 crops per year instead of just one! The US Government has destroyed millions of acres of Row Crop land that use to be farmed and actually made money for the family farmer. Do you have any idea what it would cost to put an ACRE back into row Crop use after it had trees growing on it for 20 years?

#5 We as a GROUP Have to take the steps to make it happen, that starts with $$$$$$ to make it Happen. Form a Plan and follow the plan to finally legalize Marijuana is a Win-Win for every one involved! If a Drug Company ever thought marijuana was going to be legalized they would have a field Soberity test in 6 months time!

He steps down off the Soap Box!

STG

I agree with you bro, but those are already legal! :)

STG

They may be legal, but driving while your ability to do so is impaired by any substance, legal or not, is illegal. Even falling asleep at the wheel is technically impaired driving but if you're not impaired by anything else the popo rarely lay that charge.

Used to be if you didn't fall on your face in front of the cop you passed. :0) :peace:

:oops: My bad.

To the topic. I've read Jack Herer's book, The Emperor Wears No Clothes, and many other publications pertaining to the benefits of large scale hemp cultivation. Just the reduction in dependency on foreign oil should be enough to sway public opinion not to mention the improvement to marginal soils or land unfit for conventional crops or the thousands of other uses of this versatile plant.

I think we just need to start using the same kind of propaganda techniques that the gov't and various opponents of hemp utilize to educate the John and Jane Does of the world. Only we could use truth and fact instead of misinformation and twisted science to open peoples eyes. The only bad side I can see is that there will be a lot of outdoor growers cursing the hemp farm down the road when their carefully tended crops get seeded by the clouds of pollen that can travel for miles.

Here in Canada there are hemp farms and I love having the Hemp Hearts as a cereal topping or baking it in banana bread etc. The hemp oil takes some getting used to tho.

In the states as acceptance of medical cannabis grows, so will the understanding of the benefits of hemp. :peace:

I want the entire cannabis plant legalized, be it's used for medicine or fibre/food/oil..., so I can toss a few seeds in my back yard and no one will take them because they are busy taking care of their own plants. That is the level WE one day shall achieve.

There is no upper limit to the amount of Cannabis we should grow since 100% of what is grown is used in one form or another. How much we can grow and how much we will grow are the questions we need to be asking. If only for the sake of carbon credits...

Back
Top Bottom