Hemp Expansion Sails Through Colorado Senate

The General

A Colorado bill to expand industrial hemp production has cleared the state Senate and now heads to the House. Senators voted 35-0 Wednesday to expand the number and size of farms growing hemp, marijuana's non-intoxicating cousin. The measure would allow year-round hemp cultivation in greenhouses and strike a 10-acre limit on hemp for research and development. Colorado just opened applications for hemp cultivation in March, with applications accepted until May. Agriculture officials say there is strong interest and that industrial hemp research and production should be expanded.

Hemp25.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Coloradoan.com
Author: AP

Really great to see the expansion of hemp crops. Great for the local economy. I personally love hemp clothing and it makes me feel like I'm doing my part keeping the ecosystem greener. Hopefully the hemp farms will get most of its business from manufactures in the U.S. so other job opportunities will arise from U.S. hemp farm products. Whatever helps our economy!

A Colorado bill to expand industrial hemp production has cleared the state Senate and now heads to the House. Senators voted 35-0 Wednesday to expand the number and size of farms growing hemp, marijuana's non-intoxicating cousin. The measure would allow year-round hemp cultivation in greenhouses and strike a 10-acre limit on hemp for research and development. Colorado just opened applications for hemp cultivation in March, with applications accepted until May. Agriculture officials say there is strong interest and that industrial hemp research and production should be expanded.

Hemp25.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Coloradoan.com
Author: AP
TY for the photo of the PEACEFUL GREEN PLANET.

Back
Top Bottom