Why Should I Grow Using Medium Filled Containers?

SmokeyMacPot

Pros
more cost effective, forgiving and simple for inexperienced, smaller growers to manage.

Cons
difficult to ascertain and maintain consistent and optimum moisture, nutrient and ph levels.

Author: MisterIto

Thanks, I used one last year and had good results, 1 plant without the mulch cover. I tried only 1 plant in the container, but was wondering if 2 plants could be used our would that be crowding it? I have 4 boxes to be used inside (if turned properly) a small 4' x 8' greenhouse. I'm looking for maximum output.

Pros
more cost effective, forgiving and simple for inexperienced, smaller growers to manage.

Cons
difficult to ascertain and maintain consistent and optimum moisture, nutrient and ph levels.

Author: MisterIto

Medium filled containers make the most sense to me - not too big and not too small.

Yes, they're just easier to manage as well, which is good for someone who isn't as experienced or for a person who has no experience whatsoever. This will help to create a positive growing experience, not a frustrating one.

Don't want the noobs running away from growing.

Since the pot isn't going to be filled all the way, it will be tricky to decide how to water and to nute up the plant. That will make things harder, but it's not that hard.

I mean, it's not that big of a pot. And you need to learn how to water and to nute in all conditions and pots.

Medium filled containers sound like a good idea overall, I think, and a good investment since you're going to want to grow more and more as you begin to get good at it.

Hi, I have more than 14 growing outdoor, they are not bigger than a finger, so thats the best time to Im take care of them ....

Im having really good results outdoor, but i live in a apartment and theres to many neighbors, I may bring inside, did the plant will sofer by change the enviroment??

About the containers what its best for the plant ??? tall - that the roots can grow or small ??

hi i have 9 plants they are 4 days old .they are in the soil .i still have to giev them nutrients
or no pls help ??????????????????????

I use smart pots and I made my own boxes, the boxes hold about 3 yards each.

I will admit that there is a learning curve to above ground gardening but... w/a lil persistence, all the negatives are turned to positives!

The soil warms faster and earlier in the year, you have better control over noxious weeds (that means any!), you can easily keep rodents out of your roots/veg, make better use of the nutes you spent hard earned cabbage on and on and on and on... you get the idea!

I use smart pots and I made my own boxes, the boxes hold about 3 yards each.

I will admit that there is a learning curve to above ground gardening but... w/a lil persistence, all the negatives are turned to positives!

The soil warms faster and earlier in the year, you have better control over noxious weeds (that means any!), you can easily keep rodents out of your roots/veg, make better use of the nutes you spent hard earned cabbage on and on and on and on... you get the idea!

Dude, your boxes rule. I am going to switch to that next season. I want to give my soil a break, and this will help do it. The results you are getting are above average to say the least. Your grow has convinced me. Great work Capt.:blunt:

WITH 9 SMALL PLANTS YOU WILL NEED A WEEK SOLUTION TO START SAY 4.5 NPP OR ABOUT THAT NUMBER READ THE FEED PACK JUST DONT GO STRAIGHT TO THE 20/20/20 AS A FRIEND KILLED ALL HIS TWO INCHERS GO EASY AND DONT TRY FORCE FEEDING GOOD LUCK LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES:thumb::peace:

which one do you think is the best way to start off with blue mystik hydro or soil or will either one suffice

On June 18th I planted 5 Blue Mystic autos from Nirvana. Planted them directly into 3 gal pots along w/ quality organic /no nutes soil. They all sprouted inside of three days and all are doing fine now on the 7th day since planting. Growing in soil is easier for me and less costly. I started them in 3 gal pots so that they will not have to experience transplant shock during their short life cycles ...
:bongrip:

Thanks chester im still waiting on my seeds from nirvana shop but i want to make sure i can grow in soil cause i think hydroponic is to much time to start up

You may want to look into Hempy Buckets also, but for me soil is easier ... once you decide on a quality no nute soil be sure you mix it w/ about 25% perlite ... the lighter the soil the happier your plants will be ... the more medium in your pot the more forgiving it will be so unless space is an issue use at least a Gal sized pot, as stated earlier, I used a 3 gal pot.

A 2 gal pot should be fine for 1 plant ... I have used MG w/ nutes w/ excellent results but I believe the nutes can affect the flavor of the weed. Also you have to be careful not to burn your plant using MG w/nutes ... I recently experimented w/ a bunch of seed by planting them directly in 'fresh from the bag MG w/ six months nutes' and they grew like weeds, showed no signs of burn and the MG soil was really nice stuff to work with.

Back
Top Bottom