Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: How can I tell whether my drooping plant is overwatered or underwatered?

Re: How can I tell whether my drooping plant is overwatered or underwatered?

Old school trick, get a water worm (wormie the water sensor). It's made of terra cotta and sticks into soil about 2 inches. if he is dark, no water needed. If he is light, water is needed.
    Alpha and hipster54 like this.

420 Member

Everyone should watch this: The Rick Simpson Story

Thanks for the info guys I just germinated 50 seeds and have them in rock wool, domed and under fluorescents.

Exclamation Re: How can I tell whether my drooping plant is overwatered or underwatered?

First time grower here and can't figure out what happened. I've been growing a couple plants in a closet and wanted to give them some outside air and light during the day and this plant was out there for not even 45 minutes. Before the leaves were really drooping down and thought it was lack of sun. But some of the leaves just from leaving them outside like curled up. Can somebody tell me if the leaves are drooping because of too much water or what? Or is it underwatered because of what the leaves did while outside?

Last edited by Happy Kitty; 05-02-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Marijuana View Post
    Leaves that are drooping from underwatering will look limp and lifeless.

Leaves that are drooping from overwatering will be firm and curled down, even from the stem of the leaf.
    Huh? Is it just me or is that a little vague?
    Is there anyone who can clarify this post and maybe post some examples (pics)?

Welcoming Committee - Member of the Month July 11' Captain Kronic's Avatar

For the most part that plant looks good... except that you sunburned the shit out of it! From the looks of it, you will only lose those 2 bottom leaves... no big in the grand scheme of things.

I'd bet a days meds you don't have near the lumens that the sun put on that girl... even 45 mins on a tender young plant can cause a lot of damage... it is August after all!

Most peeps if you took them and put them in tropical latitude sun would get hella burned in 45 mins... makes sense don't it.

The only thing you can do now is keep doing what you do except for direct sun... put her in broken sunlight/shade... it's called hardening off!

Blog Entries

My temp stays at 74 Degrees. I have fans and proper humidity. I am having some bottom leaves to burn. I researched on pruning, but it seems I could harm the plant.
    Does anyone know how to do this properly?
    Thank You very much for your help!

The bottom sunleaves can be removed,it wont hurt the plant as much as it is helping. Later in the plants life bottom leaves get shaded by the Cannopy and become sort of a waste of energy. So when you remove them the energy they used is then transfered to the upper sunleaves and budsites. Look into "lollipopping" theres plenty of videos pictures and forums out there. Good luck!

Exclamation Re: How can I tell whether my drooping plant is overwatered or underwatered?

hey guys i am new to this forum and i got almost the same problem i am using DVC and i am in 1st week of seeding and i got them in rock wool and clay peddles temp 26 c ph6 and i water them randomly with injection when i see they need to yesterday i used a small fan and i lower the 400 hps lamp to 62 cm away from plant .... today the 2 of 5 plants were dropping down i haven't put water in the container yet i am planing to do it in second week with the air stones i use very low amount of nutrition in the water i use for the plants is ... if need more info tell me i ll write as many as possible with ditails sorry again i am new in forums and new grower plz hellp i ll post some photos of plant when was healthy and how is now

i also forgot to mention i checked the roots and they r all right

Blog Entries

Hey guys running a 600w hps light with green house seed co Big Bang auto flower. Gave it veg nutrients (i know i should change to flower nutrients) i will next feeding. I water 2x a week about 1.5l to the big one, (small which are clones of the big get 350ml) ligts are 18/6. This over water or just a nutrient screw up? Should i just do a flush and feed with flowering nuts? Sorry for the pic hps lights make it hard, ill pull it out to take more. To me it looks like over watering but my soil is bone dry and the the plant and pot are very light

I need some major help, I have two plants growing Indica and Sativa not sure what strain both Fem. I'm on my 4th week of flowering and for the past 4 days my sativa has been on a downward trajectory. At first, both plants were slightly wilting towards the bottom with leaves drooping, I thought they were thirsty so I watered them and they seemed to improve the next day but the following day my sativa was even more wilted than before. Today on the sativa the buds have even begun to wilt. The grow medium seems like its still moist I put in an extra fan to increase air circulation but the plant is getting even sadder.

There are no discolorations for the most part the leaves are still very dark green. I'm desperate and I don't want my girl to die. Please help, anyone, suggestions are welcome and much appreciated.

Did you ever get any good feed back your plants look exactly like mine did?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12