Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What is black and white poly and how do I use it?

Post Thanks / Like

What is black and white poly and how do I use it?

Black & White poly (6mil) is very tough, reflective (The white side reflects 90% of all light) and can be handled on a daily basis without damage or tearing. It is also a good choice for partitioning off spaces ensuring maximum efficiency of your lighting.

Please note:
    A "mil" is not a millimetre, it is another standard of measurement used to describe film thickness in the plastic film and poly bag business. Using a micrometer a mil measures @ .001 inch

Author: MedMan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: What is black and white poly and how do I use it?

there good for greenhouses to right?

Welcoming Committee - Member of the Month July 11' Captain Kronic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Around this neck o the woods... we call your "Black and White Poly"... Panda Plastic!

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a 10x25' sheet to create extra temp grow rooms in my basement. Only $28. It will create 2 rooms 4'x8'. Heavier than regular plastic sheets, it doesn't get blown out of place by fans. Allowing me to rotate several grows at different stages. If I had to build finished rooms for each phase it would never happen, and tents are too expensive for one-time expanded grow (juicing plant a day for 60 days, staggered harvest makes single flowering room impractical. Fought with hanging two sheets of plastic (black outside, white inside) pain to hang and use.
    Kingston's PERPETUAL JUICE BAR - LED - 11 strains minus a few - Next Generation

Rabbit's BIG LEAP - High Brix with Doc's kit

"And I'm gonna put white hands And black hands and brown and yellow hands And red clay earth hands in it Touching everybody with kind fingers And touching each other natural as dew In that dawn of music when I Get to be a composer And write about daybreak In Alabama." -Langston Hughes

-pest-problem-solver-pictorial.html
    KingstonRabbits Urban Outdoor Mendo Madness 1st grow - journal complete

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the Panda film to divide my tent too. It does not tear like the Mylar which is great. I also put it up with a staple gun on walls in my flower room, hold it well, went up fast that way and if you are careful with the staples, reusable. I made PVC dividers with the panda film taped to it, yes with the tape they sell for it as movable dividers to help divide space for changing lights, works like a dream as the panda film is durable.