Is there a faster way to germinate seeds?

SmokeyMacPot

Equipment needed :
1. seeds ( of course )
2. paper towels
3. air-tight plastic container
4. pocketknife or sandpaper
5. water

I have found that I always get reliable germination results using the following technique :

Method :
1. LIGHTLY chip/scarify outer seed coat in one place. I stress lightly because if you do it too roughly it will ruin a good seed.

2. Dampen paper towels and place seeds on it. Either fold or roll it up so that its pressing against the seeds.

3. Put paper towels with seeds inside into an air-tight plastic container.

4. Place in a warm location like on top of a TV set, VCR, or refridgerator.

5. Open every 12 hours to allow oxgen into the container and check on the seeds. Most should germinate in about 24 hours, but there may be a few that need a bit longer.

Author: NZ Ganja Growin

before u put them into ya toilet roll kitchen roll soke them in a cup ov tap water and they will soke up the water and split over night then stick them in a container and put them on top ov a radiator will be ready to plant in no time.done a test were i didnt soke them before putin in kitchen roll and were i did soke them before kitchen roll and soaking them halfs the germinating time iv not more iv u dont soak them somtimes seeds can take days iv not weeks and some dont sprout at all.when u soak for 24 hours then put them in kitchen roll for 24 hours guarantee they all sprout .they all stay at the same growing rate as well because they all sprout together they stay around about the same size without having to wait for others to catch up.tryit

yea diffrent strains u wana keep them separate and label them when i germinate i do 10 ov 1 strain in 1 astray with kitchen roll and cling film on the top with holes in put 10 seeds in each astray say 3 diffrent strains mark them say widow,skunk,afgan and they will grow nearly at the same rate as in a couple ov cm on the main stem iv i compaired theese to a diffrent strain ov course they aint guna sprout or grow the same because there not the same but iv i had 10 widows and i soaked them then put them into the ashtrays i get most ov them sprouted and grown into 12 inch plus bushy plants within 2 weeks. i done 10 got 8 all the same size done 12 diffrent strain got 11 all within milimeters ov eachother in height iv u buy good seeds were u know were theyve come from like u know the breeders reputation and methods then u get good seeds to your liking shit seeds wont grow uniformed good seeds will good seeds are dying to split open and grow u can tell straight away iv there going to be good or not.iv u got 30 difrent seeds they probly aint the best are they my next packs guna cost me £60 so i know there guna be nice because i know the breader and his breader friends not personally but i know he invented white widow white wrino great white shark shantibaba is his name mr nice seeds can be trusted for reliable seeds with good genetics

i use this method except i use an emory board & matchbox. cut the emory board to fit snug in the matchbox, throw in the seeds, close the box & shake. don't overdo it! this method gives a nice uniform scarring all over & only takes seconds. DON'T OVERDO IT! can't stress that enough.

At what point do you know the seed will not germinate? Days, week? I've read some take longer or might not germinate at all - when do I give up? Thnx.

i'v had some stubburn seeds that took 10/12 days to germinate, which is why i started using the matchbox method. i'd say after 2weeks they prolly won't germinate. also they won't germ if there's ANY light on them. u didn't say what method u used so we really need more info.

I found the easiest way by far is just to throw them in a glass of water you dont have to keep them damb because they are . you can even keep them in there for a long time letting the root get big and strong in the glass.

Thanks for the reply about the dark. I was using the papertowel in plastic bag and putting them in the windowsill. I finally got one to germinate, but it would never grow but didn't die, just stayed same size. I'll try the completely in the dark approach as well as the jar of water. I'm not sure I will purchase on-line seeds again.

there's nothing wrong w/seeds bought online. except for the seeds i make, all mine are bought online. just be sure the vender is known to u, or someone u trust.

I think directly into the soil is best.The only advantage to germinating on wet paper is to save yourself from planting dud seeds,it does`nt save time as once you`ve germed the seed it still needs planting and then it`s gonna take 2-3 days to break the soil.Germinating in the soil means the root gets no un-needed handling.These plants I`m growing atm(bubbelicious+aurora indica)broke soil 55hours after planting and all 6 were through within 48hours after that.Quality seed,direct in the soil is the fastest and easiest method I`ve found.

germination really doesn't need to be difficult. I've tried pretty much every method out there and simply removing the seed from the package, and placing in the soil has been the most reliable for me at a 100% success rate. It takes a couple of extra days, but if you take the paper towel time into consideration they're about even.

crimson's right. each breeder can tell u the best way for THIER seeds. mandala says to plant directly in soil. others say different. the reason why i scarify my seeds is that i've had seeds w/very hard shells & they take longer to soak up water, which means longer before germination. then i get antsy, but that's a "personal" problem, not the fault of the germ method.

Back
Top Bottom