What does an emerging Female preflower look like?

SmokeyMacPot

Identifying a true preflower is way to tell sex before 12/12. That way you can take clones from the known females without wasting the time and space on males.
crzycom1.jpeg

males will form balls not pistils, the male when open they will have folded pistil that straightens out (banana's) is a term used as slang here to describe male flower, we know it's a dioecious plant when stable and the male is the flower that produces pollen and the female isn't really a complete flower and the male pistil is a stamen, calyx are seed sac's when pollinated, I should try and find a link or thread with pictures, I'm not good at written descriptions

I can only be sure in flower, if male it's generally the first to flower and most vigorous plant it matures faster to ensure it has pollen available for the female, have seen male set flower in under 7days and release pollen in 14days. females usually set flower 10-14days in 12/12

I hear so many people say they can only be sure after flowering under 12/12....I am not sure about that..

I have had 100% luck with pre-flowering plants, without photo-period changes, simply 24/0 the whole time.

Pre-flowers are the only way to go, IMO. By then, their biological clock is matured as well, so that is always a plus.

-Go

I hear so many people say they can only be sure after flowering under 12/12....I am not sure about that..

I have had 100% luck with pre-flowering plants, without photo-period changes, simply 24/0 the whole time.

Pre-flowers are the only way to go, IMO. By then, their biological clock is matured as well, so that is always a plus.

-Go

bump

My 2 plants are 2 weeks into flower and both got 2 lil white hairs coming out on the last nodes... guess i got girls... WOOHOO

Back
Top Bottom