Organic Fertilizers, NPK Values and Amounts to Use

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Here is a short list of common organic fertilizers, NPK values and how much to use per sq ft of garden.

FERT - (N-P-K) - Type - Use

Alfalfa Pellets (3-1-2) avg release 40g/sq ft
Corn Gluten (6-0-0) avg release 15g/sq ft
Compost (1-1-1) slow release 125g/sq ft
Bird guano (10-3-1 variable) fast release 25g/sq ft
Cow manure (2-0-0 variable) avg release 60g/sq ft
Horse manure (5-2.5-6 variable) avg release 20g/sq ft
Soybean meal (6-1.5-2) avg release 20g/sq ft
Worm castings (1-0-0) slow release 150g/sq ft
Kelp (1-0.2-2) fast release 15g/sq ft
Insect manure (4-3-2) fast release 35g/sq ft
Fish emulsion (5-2-2 liquid) fast release 1ml/sq ft
Cottonseed meal (6-2-2) avg release 20g/sq ft
Bone meal (2-11-0) slow release 25g/sq ft
Blood meal (12-0-0) fast release 10g/sq ft

Note: Bird and Bat guano have variable compounds and can be very rich in Phosphorous (Peruvian/Chile Seabird guano, for instance). Poultry manure is also more balanced. Worm castings and composts are low in nutrients and are considered more like soil amendments than ferts. Cow manure and Horse manure should be composted. Don't use fresh crap. Sewage Sludge's shouldn't be used.

Just asking what's wrong with mircal grow

Miracle grow has so many things on the market. I am using MG Organic Garden Soil. I suggest if one uses this compost/soil-less medium, that promptly just out of germination to begin to introduce nutrition.
Read N-P-K values on the Organic Garden Soil and N is 1/10th of 1%.
I monitor my plants closely at only 6 weeks I nearly starved them to death waiting to feed. I sorta jumped the gun when I realized the values and diagnosed my plants as starving for food and now day before yesterday I fed them 20% and the next day with the medium still a little moist from the watering/feeding, I promptly went to 50% and did not overwater (no run off), and they have begun to grow like weeds fast...i will not feed again till next week and that will be 100% nutrition and run off.
But i have no arguments with MG. My plants stalling was my own damn fault. be careful with anything/MG that says it can feed a plant for any length of time, with seedlings fresh from germination, or still in germination.
I am feeding with Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Orchid Food N 30- P 10- K 10 and may get some MG tomato food N18-P18-K21 and swap nute schedule till a great while into vegetation and about the 2nd half of vegetation move up to quality stuff. I am really on tight funds, so i am sticking to what I know works. It may not be really spaceship maui wowee.
Shoot me for the MG words but it works for me. dont go to walmart and pick up any ol thing that says MG on it and thinks Yah Mon Dis It Da Bomb Dude. since i am short i realized ..be careful.

thx so much for the organic values. i would like to try some more organic stuff in the list yet i am using some..

I am also using the miracle grow organic potting mix but only a week and a half from germination began using nutrients, a little bone meal around the base of the plant and am watering with fish emulsion fertalizer. I also just added some Vitamin B because I transplanted to larger pots. Someone mentioned using these at half strength in another post, is there a reason for this? I've been watering every three days with plain distilled water (which I use for all of my fertalized water as well) every third watering. I've also mixed the MG with some lava rock to accomadate the roots with more air. This is my first grow that is all my own, so any advice would be appreciated.

i found a typo in my last post..
* NEVER * never add MG at 100% solution. it is too hot! 50% is pushing it. this warning can save you weeks of growth, even if you catch a nute burn with chemical nutrition...promptly flush immediately.
if it says 1 TSP or 1 TBS per gallon make it 2 gallons and that's 50%.

but this forum is organic. got my free grape sweet from Botanicare for later.

i see lots of info about watering down nutes and npk this and that, but does anyone have a generic veg = 10-5-5 flwr= 5-10-5 for us pls
and should i average out the 2 if using autoflower. this thread is fantastic for saying what to use to get nutes, but not in ration to each other ;)

im desperate for this as im about to buy nutes today.

edit:
Worm castings (1-0-0) slow release 150g/sq ft

sounds good to me, but it doesnt specify a timeline.

if i put 750g of this in 1sqft does that equal 5-0-0 (making sure its not a trick question sort of thing)...and how long will that last before it provides no more nutes.

i see lots of info about watering down nutes and npk this and that, but does anyone have a generic veg = 10-5-5 flwr= 5-10-5 for us pls
and should i average out the 2 if using autoflower. this thread is fantastic for saying what to use to get nutes, but not in ration to each other ;)

im desperate for this as im about to buy nutes today.

edit:

sounds good to me, but it doesnt specify a timeline.

if i put 750g of this in 1sqft does that equal 5-0-0 (making sure its not a trick question sort of thing)...and how long will that last before it provides no more nutes.

I am also looking for more info on the worm castings...please someone I am transplanting tomorrow and need info on what i should mix in with my sunshine #4 mix. If not by tomorrow I would still like to know more info on the worm castings. Thank you! Peace&Love
Also the poultry manure i am interested in too if anyone has any detailed info or experience with poultry manure.

I am also looking for more info on the worm castings...please someone I am transplanting tomorrow and need info on what i should mix in with my sunshine #4 mix. If not by tomorrow I would still like to know more info on the worm castings. Thank you! Peace&Love
Also the poultry manure i am interested in too if anyone has any detailed info or experience with poultry manure.

Worm castings, poultry manure and bat guano. All are poops I highly recommend.

DSCN62691.JPG
DSCN6167.JPG

They work

ina 5 x 2 room im usig 2 5 gallon pro pots they are made of some material to keep it moist anyway, my mix is 30 % cow manure compostd 30% perlite 3 0% peat moss10% vermiculite, i mixed it im letting it sit for some days before i place my seedling in it .. my question here is.. what do i feed it? do i add anything else to the soil? its my first grow i plan on using 400 w hps indoor, and lstraining it and maybe scrog it for a bit. how often should i feed it? and what should i feed it at which stage please respond in detail much appreciated!

ina 5 x 2 room im usig 2 5 gallon pro pots they are made of some material to keep it moist anyway, my mix is 30 % cow manure compostd 30% perlite 3 0% peat moss10% vermiculite, i mixed it im letting it sit for some days before i place my seedling in it .. my question here is.. what do i feed it? do i add anything else to the soil? its my first grow i plan on using 400 w hps indoor, and lstraining it and maybe scrog it for a bit. how often should i feed it? and what should i feed it at which stage please respond in detail much appreciated!

you would do better to post your question in the frequently asked questions section in a thread all of your own pls ;)

Scratch my last post. I have found this "secret" shop that actually sells everything I might need for growing. You cant see my face, Im mad happy.

This is my first time growing and I could really use some help in when exactly do i put nutrients on my plants. They are about 2-3 weeks old and they are planted in FoxFarm Organic Planting Mix with bat guano and earthworm castings.

I was given several different varieties of fertilizers from my a friend and they are
Foxfarm Grow Big - 6-4-4
Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
Foxfarm Big Bloom .01-.3-.7
Dr. Earth Home Grown Organic tomato, vegetable and herb fertilizer 5-7-3 (this is in dirt form instead of liquid)

I know the big bloom and tiger bloom are for flowering but i wasn't sure which one of the other high nitrogen nutrient to use. the concentrated fertilizer or the soil based that gets mixed. i have not transplanted them yet. The seedlings are underneath a 400W adjustable ballast Apollo MH light and i have a HPS light for later as well. A fan is moving the area around and temps are between 75-83 F.

My biggest plant is slightly turning a light green color so i assumed it was a nitrogen def and i should start with some fert.

I have a tote full of kitchen scraps I've saved over the winter in hopes that I'll be able to do something with this stuff to benefit my plants. Included in this smelly stew is bananas, oranges, strawberries, onions, peppers, rice and beans, milk, beef, chicken, pork, bread, weed trimmings from grown plants, dead worms. What can I do with this? Can I make a tea? Can I add it to my soil? Someone please give me some advice, recipes. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom