How Do I Adjust the pH in Organic Solutions?

How long should you wait to ph test if your using soil? I heard you should wait at least a week for the ph to change

I have tried everything i can think of (tried dolomite lime didnt help much) so lime juice why not. Can anyone tell me how much i should use to raise my ph. it is running about 6.0 to 6.2 up from 5.5
thanx

i would rather use God made herb instead of man made chemicals

If your using soil medium and organics...there is no need to adjust your ph...your soil micro biology will buffer the ph for the plants...

I have tried everything i can think of (tried dolomite lime didnt help much) so lime juice why not. Can anyone tell me how much i should use to raise my ph. it is running about 6.0 to 6.2 up from 5.5
thanx

i would rather use God made herb instead of man made chemicals

Lemon juice will lower your ph. If you want to raise it you need to use lime!

Is potassium silicate organic? if so it works good for ph up. potassium hydroxide is the standard ph up both will increase K .I think water hardness is 3 major minerals Ca,Mg and K. any of these minerals will raise ph and are nutrients so if you think that mineral load is good then increase ph you may O.D. on one of the three,use acid too lower ph. I use R.O. water and I add 2.5ml per gal Magical and 1ml per gal Proteckt for base hardness. Soil will buff and alter solutions as Icemud says.

Lemon juice will lower your ph. If you want to raise it you need to use lime!

Limes are acidic. The pH of lime juice is around 3.0 (actually, I think it's a little lower than that).

i THINK IT IS AS GOOD AS IT IS GONNA GET. I TOOK THE TOPS OFF THE THREE PLANTS. THE LOWER BUDS ARE NOT READY YET. But the tops were cut or lose, so i cut. i am gonna let the lowers grow for another week or 2 and see what happens. I do have a question. One of the plants is my fovorite strain. I would like to make it a mother plant. it is budding on all the branches. One can i make it a mother when it has flowers and 2 if i can what do i have to do.

Just wanna bump this thread and ask again as it seems unanswered, how much lemon juice do you need. Let's say you have a ph of 7 but you want 6.5. If you water you plant with 1ltr of water a week how should you add the lemon and in what quantities?
Thanks

I would use Humic acid to lower the PH...more benificial to the plants that lemon juice will be...

I use a five gallon bucket to store my water and I ph balance it down to 6.5 with pure lemon juice. I use a quarter tea spoon at a time to make sure that I don't make the water too acidity. But for the five gallons of water I would have to say that I use about 2 1/2 teaspoons. I usually mix the water and let it stand about 5-10 mins before testing the PH levels. I will keep doing this until I reach the desired PH level. I have heard that using baking soda can raise the PH of water if it is too low. But never tested to find out if it was true.

I use a five gallon bucket to store my water and I ph balance it down to 6.5 with pure lemon juice. I use a quarter tea spoon at a time to make sure that I don't make the water too acidity. But for the five gallons of water I would have to say that I use about 2 1/2 teaspoons. I usually mix the water and let it stand about 5-10 mins before testing the PH levels. I will keep doing this until I reach the desired PH level. I have heard that using baking soda can raise the PH of water if it is too low. But never tested to find out if it was true.

Thats perfect! Thanks for the info man! :thanks:

I ph balance mine to 6.5 because I use a soil-less mix. I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest and add a little more peat moss and perlite to it. I find that this works for my needs. you might want to try a few different levels to see what works best for your needs and the strain you are using. Check out my current grow its strawberry diesel.

Back
Top Bottom