How Do I Re-Moisten Dry Buds?

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Adding moisture to a smoking bag of over-dried, crispy buds is easy. All you need is a sealed container (A Ziploc bag or a 1-quart jar works good), fresh fan leaves and about a day's time.

1) Put your over dried buds into a Ziploc bag or a 1 quart mason jar (I prefer the mason jar).

2) Add a few freshly cut fan leaves (fresh shoots work great too) to your jar or baggie. I use about 3-5 leaves to half a mason jar. Start with a few leaves; add more leaves as necessary. Fan leaves will become dry and shriveled when they given up their moisture.

If fresh leaf is unavailable, a small piece of lettuce, or apple/orange/potato peel can be used as well. A paper towel with a few drops of water on it also does the trick.

3) The final step is to wait about a day. How long it takes depends on how much bus in the container and how dry the buds were. It has worked as fast as 5 hrs.

Check the container at least once a day. The buds will have a nice, soft texture will not feel crispy or brittle when they are ready. They will smell better too!

Editor's note:
To re-moisten larger amounts of dry bud, simply scale everything up. You may want to seperate large and smaller buds into seperate containers.
Once a day, turn the pile of buds over to expose the bottom buds. Check for any signs of rot. The process may take 1-3 days.

If fresh leaf is unavailable, a small piece of lettuce, or apple/orange/potato peel can be used as well. A paper towel with a few drops of water on it also does the trick.

I told this to a buddy one time and he put enough lettuce for a large sandwhich in a quarter once. A little too much lettuce. You need a small piece for the amount you are trying to reconstitute.

Funny side note, I recently bought an 1/8 of bud at the dispensary and found it to be a bit dry so I dropped a piece of stem into the jar, the next day it was so damp I was afraid it would mold !! So keep an eye on it this works almost too good ! :peace:

I have used every thing to re-moisten Buds,The best thing I have found is Baby Carrots,wash them off first pat dry, then put them in a jar .1 carrot per 28 grams .check them very often,If they get to wet just put them on a paper plate..if they are very dry leave over night ,its works for Tobacco too..have a great day

i use a humidor,$ 40.00 and always nice and flexible, regulatable( humidity levels) too

When my buds gets too dry, I stick it in a bag, in my glass jar, and then put a fresh strawberry in the bag, and then put it in the freezer over night. Works awesome, and my bud always has a sweet strawberry taste.

When my buds gets too dry, I stick it in a bag, in my glass jar, and then put a fresh strawberry in the bag, and then put it in the freezer over night. Works awesome, and my bud always has a sweet strawberry taste.

I've done similar with lemon,orange,lime,and banana peels, but never the freezing part. i've ruined a few bags too by leavin the peels in with the bud too long.

You can go to any craft or floral shop and pick up a product called Desert Foam. You use just a small slice dipped in distilled water and placed in a loosely rolled empty baggie in a Tupperware like container that holds your bud. The baggie lets the moisture be released in a slow manner and keeps it from coming in direct contact w/ your weed.

It doesn't take much water in the foam,a quick dip does the trick.. The size of the of hunk of foam depends on size of the container and the amount of weed. A half-inch square is good for a medium sized Tupperware container holding a couple of ounces.

Experiment with the amount of water and how tight or loose you roll the baggie. Don't use Desert Foam with tap water,it's a major source of mold infestation in the cigar humidor industry.(Desert Foam is what's used in the humidifers of 90% of those things.)
Use distilled water and you'll be in good shape.

A hunk of Desert Foam the size of a brick should run you maybe 2-3 bucks. Give the rest to friends with dry bud problems.

I just re-moistened my buds by placing some fresh lime peels in the container and letting it set over night. The buds are nice and soft and smell great.

I dumped the buds out and made sure I removed all the lime peels. SOOOOOO..... How do I store these revived buds to prevent mold and let them cure further? Right now I have placed them in glass jars and put them in the freezer. Is this a good idea. I would hate for them to get moldy.

Any input would be welcomed.

Keep on token! :yummy:

Thank Don! I will know next time around to look for a different method of curing....was trying the brown paper bag routine, but things go too dry too fast.

:Rasta:

I've had great success with using regular bread. Usually a quarter size of bread per oz. It works very quick, within hours and the bread will be left dry and crispy, while the buds are moist.

It works like a charm, and is great if you don't want any smells to affect your weed.

I use Tupperware to store my meds and lay a piece of cheese cloth on top of everything and also use a slice of bread, it works wonderful on dry cookies too! Both very tasty and moist.

A slice of carrot works wonders. It doesn't change the smell or flavor. It brings out the natural ordors of the buds. A small piece of lettuce works well too. I only keep the slice of carrot in the bag for a few days, then remove, so the buds don't get too moist, then you can't roll a joint that is worth smoking.

I keep it in a zip log baggy.

Back
Top Bottom