How Do I Clean My Glass Pipe?

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Many people like to keep their glass pieces relatively clean, or enjoy reaping the benefits of scraping their bowels for resin to smoke. I can scrape my bowel pretty clean, but there is only so much you can get out. The end result is usually a pipe that wont look right until you get more resin in it to give it back its color. And every time you do this it gets harder to scrape clean because of the old stuff hardening.

If you follow this technique you can get your pipe as clean as it was the day you bought it every time, plus it will always be easier to scrape your pipe the next time.
gf1574.jpg

Pic #1
* Scrape your pipe as cleanly as you want, or not at all, some people don't enjoy smoking their resin so they can skip this step.

* Fill your pipe with a teaspoon or two of salt, depending on pipe size. You can use regular table salt, sea salt (preferred) or rock salt.

Pic #2
* Plug the head of your bowel with your finger or thumb, and pour rubbing alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, into the mouthpiece of your pipe.

* Cover the mouthpiece with another finger or thumb and shake the pipe up and down vigorously but carefully, for a few minutes.

Pic #3
* Dump out the waste and rinse thoroughly with tap water.

* Repeat if needed until pipe is sparkling clean.

Boil them for a couple hours, put water in a pan, get it boiling place pipes, bong stems etc. any pipes etc. Metal, glass, acrylic, anything. Periodically put water in cause while it boils water evaporates. In a hour or so, take them out strain the water i use a coffee filter. Let resin dry for a couple hours then smoke it. Doing this cleans your pipes like new no resin at all.

i have a one hit glass pipe so I buy a quart of rubbing alcohol & hang the pipe from a pipe cleaner inside the bottle it works over night & i get several uses out of the bottle of rubbing alcohol.

Twelve12
can i link to another forum from here if its pertinent

Quote from the guideline:

We work very hard to make this the best source of information for everyone and it is not fair to us if you promote other similar communities here. We believe this is the definitive site on cannabis-related matters. Occasionally, employees from other communities, in search of expanding their membership base, sign up here as shills (i.e. astroturfing). Their aim being to solicit members. While we have no reason to assume that this would be your intention, to ensure fairness and consistency we apply our rules to all members uniformly.

Thanks Twelve12. see i would have just thought 'whats the harm' and got into trouble =/

ok, guess ill just have to hand type the knowledge, lol.

That does not even sound healthy lol

'Isopropyl Alcohol leaves ZERO residue (tho it may leave a small trace of distilled water, but that evaporates too). If yours does leave something behind, you're using the wrong stuff.'

i would love to give props to the author, but the sanctitiy of our site is more important ;)

i like solid/ or resin or whatever you call it in your area, it has a much greather shelf capacity and life than fresh bud, and most of the time the burning and smoking is a little less aromatic, it goes a lot further too. and if packed well you can knock up a small garden wall out of those hollow breeze blocks and store it secretly in the cavities for years, lol

knowing that one bottle can both do that and clean all our smoking utensils make it an essential tool imho.

resin is basically hash, its pure thc. it does burn slow, and when I strain the boiled water with the pipe. I let it dry, then as its dry cause you cant smoke anything wet. I smoke it. but were talking about this too much.

The best way next to 420Cleaner is to put it in a ziploc baggy filled with rubbing/isopropyl alcohol so it covers the pipe 3/4 way and dump a moderate amount of epsom salts in and shake it and try and get salt into the mouthpiece and then put in in the microwave for 10-15 seconds then shake the bag and watch the magic happen!

Back
Top Bottom