Under Current system - Current culture h20

tintala

Plant of the Month: Third Place Winner
this set up can be as large as 24 sights, my dispensary has started using these for veg and flower, there is a solid stream of under current going thru all of the buckets...... the plants love it and are doing incredible, however, the system can start at 1500.$ so I would challenge anyone to build a DIY ..

this is a revolutionary system.

The Under Current combines the Deep Water Culture technique with Sub-Current Culture method to create a truly unique style of plant cultivation.

This innovative application circulates literally hundreds of gallons of solution per hour beneath plant roots. An inline Danner Mag Drive pump provides peripheral negative pressure by thrusting nutrients back to a return module (Epicenter). From this point the solution is drawn from module to subsequent module, causing a type of perpetual fluid motion. 8 gallon growth modules are interconnected via 2" conduit, allowing nutrients unobstructed passage through the plants root zone.

The Under Current supercharges the solution with dissolved oxygen, creating a hyper aerobic condition ideal for beneficial microorganisms. Constant, 24/7 nutrient circulation ensures that pH and EC are uniform throughout the entire system. Each Under Current includes the powerful D.W.C Aeration Kit.This convenient kit enables growers to use the deep water culture method in conjunction with our patent pending Sub-Current Culture application.

● Hybrid Deep Water Culture /Sub-Current Culture method

● Provides unmatched dissolved oxygen levels

● 8 gallon growth module allows for maximum root development

● Circulates hundreds of gallons of solution per hour, keeping mineral/oxygen ratio consistent throughout system

● Grows huge "specimen" type hydroponic plants

● Perfect for greenhouse or H.I.D. lighting foot prints

● Super charged oxygen levels ensure that beneficial microbes flourish

The Under Current is the industries first and only pump driven, recirculating, Modular Sub-Current Culture system. Designed specifically to accommodate H.I.D. lighting foot prints, each systems appropriate pairing is as follows... 4 site (600 watt), 4XL (1000watt), 6 site (1000 watt), 6XL (2x600 watt), 8 site (2x 600 watts), 8XL (2x1000 watt), 12 site (3x600 watt or 2x1000 watt) and 12XL (3x1000 watt). The Under Current is easily compatible with any Neptune Series Reverse Osmosis units and/or Aquifer 100 gallon Reservoir System.
undercurrent_16_LRG.jpg

Re: UNDER CURRENT system- Current culture h20

I'd be worried more about the pump failing and everything going to crap in a few hours. I'll stick with my tubs thanks. Tho that is a pretty thing to behold. So are some women but my plain Jane model takes a lot less maintenance and gives me what I need. lol

:peace:

I guess what helps is if the pump fails the baskets are still close to the water, so the roots would still be submerged....I have been around these a couple of times, and I am gravitating towards these systems, but they are damn expensive.!

pumps fail....always...I would keep an extra on hand..I always do now

I guess that could be a problem with any pump driven system, even in Ebb, etc....

pit i thought you used waterfarms?

I guess that could be a problem with any pump driven system, even in Ebb, etc....

pit i thought you used waterfarms?

I have 2 waterfarms but they are "back ups:. Ive been using the EbbnGrow for almost a year now.

How large of a pump would you need to run 8 plants on a 100 gallon res?

You could make that system super easy if you had the right pump and maybe a, and please forgive my wording here... maybe use a "type of water-moving fan thing" to help with nutrient solution direction to the roots? I don't know, it doesn't look tough to build. PVC, plastic res, couplings, sealant tape, water hose, a connector or one way valve... but I'm sure there is much more than meets the eye. Just my $.02

- johnny

How large of a pump would you need to run 8 plants on a 100 gallon res?

You could make that system super easy if you had the right pump and maybe a, and please forgive my wording here... maybe use a "type of water-moving fan thing" to help with nutrient solution direction to the roots? I don't know, it doesn't look tough to build. PVC, plastic res, couplings, sealant tape, water hose, a connector or one way valve... but I'm sure there is much more than meets the eye. Just my $.02

- johnny

thanks for your reply dope: that's why I posted this thing so that someone would see that they could DIY this thing!

If pumps fail on any system your screwed, not just this one, I mean, don't most systems use some sort of pump? A pump can go out on any system that uses.................. well......................a pump.

This is by far the BEST system I have seen for DWC. The Mag Drive pumps, chillers, and oxygenation systems all top line this system can produce with proper lighting like no other hydro system I have seen. The growth is unbelievable and harvests per plant never average less than 2lbs with 4lbs a regular phenomenon using this system. I look forward to any journal using this system and would love to hear anything about inverse lighting. I would love to buy this system complete with heavy harvest lids and oversize buckets. Maybe someday, we all can dream and strive for excellence.
:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::bravo:THIS IS THE CADILLAC OF OF DWC:bravo::adore::adore::adore::adore::
+REP tintala

As for pump failure it is a matter of when, not if, and the designers of this system have taken this all into account. The Undercurrent systems by Current Culture are built one at a time, engineered to fit your specific grow area and are truly Professional Grade.

The growth is unbelievable and harvests per plant never average less than 2lbs with 4lbs a regular phenomenon using this system.

WTF? Tell me this is a typo! 2-4 lbs per site? :yahoo:

^^^ Very possible with trees and vertical bulbs on ~3.5' spacing.

x=tree
o=light
xoxox
oxoxo
xoxox

neptune_hydrodwc.gif
Hey guys, this looks like a sweet system to me. maybe in a coupla years....:reading420magazine: correct me if i'm wrong, but if the pump were to fail, would'nt the liquid from the res just run to the grow sites until the level was even in all containers and turn into a static DWC ?:nicethread:

Re: Under Current system- Current culture h20

The concept is great. The execution- not so much

The system Wingman submitted is far better, at least for a max height of 3 ft plants. Bigger plants require bigger root chambers

Thanks PetFlora! The Undercurrent system I saw had plants that were from 3-5ft.

Me too!:yahoo: :thanks: Hogdady.

Back
Top Bottom