Pictures of my 2 month and 1 month old plants

redny

Happy New Year!

We are using a DWC system with 17 gal reservoir and GH nutes. We have a 400w MH bulb, the ppm are 981 ,PH 5.2 and temp 77 degrees.

We want to veg for 2 more weeks to give little plant the chance to catch up and that will switch to 400w HPS bulb,12/12, and start adding Flora Bloom.

If anyone has any advise on this strategy it would be greatly appreciated, as this is our first grow and I have no clue what to do next.

I have included pictures of the big 2 month old Kush the small 1 month old and the roots of the large Kush for your review and comments

Thanks,
REDNY::ganjamon:

phpI80UB0PM.jpg

phpmAv7buPM1.jpg

ctmpphpo1r9Ko_2months1.jpg

12_310_09_006_2_.jpg

Looking good Redny! Love the roots! Outstanding at that age! Your lighting plan is solid. In veg is important to do some canopy managment and get as mant grow tip seeing the light as possible. Have you fimmed or supercroped her yet? I use the GH Flora series also. Are you saying that you are not using any bloom nutes now? Make sure you have the ceiling height. The plant will double or come close to tripling in vertical height the first 2-3 weeks of 12/12. PH is a little low and you might want to let it rise to 5.6 to 5.8 over time. When you get to 12/12 I let mine get into the 6.0 to 6.25 range beacuse the P and the K are best used by the plant at that ph level.

Hey MostlyCrazy,
Thanks for the advice. I have not heard the term fimmed but we just started pruning the top of both plants last week. Could you explain supercroping or send me a good link to teach me?

No have not been using any bloom during veg stage-should we be? are there any other nute products which you would recommend?

Any ides on the best time for me to start flowering?

Thanks for you help.
REDNY

Hey redny. plants are looking great. If you just pruned id let them recover at least one week before switching to 12/12.I use fox farm for nutes so i cant help you much there. their feeding schedule does tell you to use some bloom nutes in veg stage though. nut i wouldnt know about the gh line. do you have a feeding chart or something?

Thanks, Weed!

I fim as they grow and with my strain I can even supercrop into the 2nd week of flower. It just a means to manage the canopy and develop more growing tips (fim) and expose more of the top part of theplant directly to the light above them.

With the GH flora line if you you are in the stage it looks like you are ( vegatative growth) the ratio of Grow-Micro-Bloom (G-M-B) is 3-2-1. That would be 15ml of grow, 10ml of micro and 5 ml of blooom per gallon.

As far as additional products that can help - I use Cannazyme ( protects the roots and if any roots die it desolved them back into nutes the plant can use). If you res water temp get high this can be especially helpful. I also use cal-mag but I use tap water and it's around 350-400ppm and without it the "chucks" in my water tend to not be available for the plant and cal-mag is the fix. I also sometimes use superthrive ( a general vitamin shot) and I also use floraklean about every other res change to make sure no nuteint salts and/or general gunk stays in my system.

I strongly believe a new grower should keep it simple and go the the flora series alone unless you see a problem developing. With your grow so far I would say you're on the right path but I would add some flower nutes per directions to get them prepared for 12/12 if nothing else.

Speaking of which, I start flower when the leaves alternate on the growing tip. Usually they are right across from each other but when they alternate that indicates that the plants are mature and ready to flower. You can always let them go longer and let the plant get bigger but that's my sure indication that when I am ready they are ready.

Here's a link to the GH calculator. When in doubt use less rather than more and that will keep you safe frm nute burn.

GENERAL HYDROPONICS

Change the res amount to the amount of water you put in your res and it will give you the volume of nutes you should add. Pay no attention to the nutes you don't use. G-M-B is all you really need and the rest sort of depends on budget and the particular strain needs.

Thank you both for your advise and links.

This site has been so helpful in my first grow, and I will take MostlyCrazy advice and keep it simple and use only the GH nutes for this first grow.

Another problem came up this morning.
I have been taking my readings using and Aquapro AP-2 EC meter.
It had been giving me readings in PPM's- this morning it stared using µS, and I do not know how to switch it back- the directions say that µS is its correct operating mode anyway. There is so much info on this subject on the web I am getting dizzy. If any one can tell me a link which will help me figure out what 951ppm from yesterdays reading would be in µS it would be of great help.

Thanks again for your thoughts and time.

REDNY

Thanks for your feedback.

It is out first time and I am not sure what I am doing half the time. We entered flowering stage 2 days ago and when I was tieing my big plant down it snapped and took most of the top of the plant with it. So I cut it off cleanly and am continuing the cycle.

Do you know if we can do anything with the part that snapped off? My camera is broken again so I cant send pictures but the stem or branch that broke off is pretty thick with a lot of leaves and other branches which grew off this line.

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
REDNY

Just what I have read here.

If I wanted to clone from what broke off how ling do I have to get them planted?

Back
Top Bottom