Waste water disposal

I am assuming your concerned about polluting the enviroment....

If you have public sewers, and don't have septic systems... just ascertain what kind of system your town is using... most go to treatment plants, if that is the case... just pour it down the drain and let them deal with it.... its a hell of alot less harmful than the bleach and other soap products your washer machine sends their way to handle.

High. If you live in a city with a public water supply and sewage system, you shouldn't have any trouble putting it down the drain. Can you get it to a lawn or garden from where it's at? I don't have 500+ gallons, but I pump my used nute fluid(50gals) to my lawn and flower garden and they seem to love it! They don't care whether it's bloom or veg ferts or what strength, they love it. I also discard my fishtank water there to good results as well. It's against the law to harvest rain water in my city :scratchinghead: So I try to keep as much of it as I can.
You put a lot worse down the drain when you do laundry or use harsh chemical cleaners. I can't imagine you are using anything toxic if your plants are growing in it, right? It's very cool that you're thinking green, but your used nutes aren't toxic and your water reclamation dept. will take care of the rest for ya with no damage to the environment.:peace:

yeah just keep in mind that nutrients destroy the filters used by our cities, while this isn't an issue it just means they need to be replaced a lot more regularly. in some places I've heard of real big operations getting busted because the water treatment guys were annoyed at replacing the filters so often cos it cost money that they did water quality samples till they found the source. were talking like. almost a square km of warehouse space. just make sure your city does recycle water, in oz we don't we just throw it all in the ocean. the correct way to dispose of it is to pump your waste water through a RO filter and then either reuse or dump it. but that's expensive and time consuming. i feel guilty about it when I dump it int he sewers but what else can one do really.

Back
Top Bottom