Best Nutrients and Hydro Products?

VivoCool

Hi Im just wondering the best nutrients and chemicals for my First HYDRO grow

i have done a soil grow, got OK results but now i want to take to the next level.
im just wanting to know all the Chemicals/nutrients i will need, and which are the BEST.
if possible Make a list of all Chemicals you use and why?
I am using a grow Tent with 600w HPS for flowering and a 400 MH for Veg

i am planning on doing a Flood Hydro setup
So any tips would be appreciated :thanks:

I am sure everyone has their own opinion on what's best. Stick with a larger name like general hydropnics, botanicare, advanced nutrients, canna...etc. The basics are base nutrient, cal-mag type product, a root enzyme and silica for veg. Add a p-k booster like moab or Kool Bloom in bloom and you will be fine. I think you will get great results with any nute line or combo if you stay with that, watch your ph and ppms, use good water and keep it simple.

I am sure everyone has their own opinion on what's best. Stick with a larger name like general hydropnics, botanicare, advanced nutrients, canna...etc. The basics are base nutrient, cal-mag type product, a root enzyme and silica for veg. Add a p-k booster like moab or Kool Bloom in bloom and you will be fine. I think you will get great results with any nute line or combo if you stay with that, watch your ph and ppms, use good water and keep it simple.

atm im looking at

1 x General Hydroponics Flora Gro (1 part) 946ml
1 x General Hydroponics Flora Bloom (1 part) 946ml
1 x General Hydroponics Flora Micro (1 part) 946ml
1 x General Hydroponics Calimagic 946mls
1x Ph up/down

is there anything else I would need? Chemical/netrients wise

atm im looking at

1 x General Hydroponics Flora Gro (1 part) 946ml
1 x General Hydroponics Flora Bloom (1 part) 946ml
1 x General Hydroponics Flora Micro (1 part) 946ml
1 x General Hydroponics Calimagic 946mls
1x Ph up/down

is there anything else I would need? Chemical/netrients wise

As it's your first hydro grow, I would only add liquid kool bloom to that list (it's only for the bloom cycle so you have some time to ponder it). Assuming your doing everything right, your plants will grow fine with just the three part and calmag, but if you add the liquid kool bloom during bloom (properly), you'll have better flowers in general. If you are going to have a reservoir (of if you're going to be recirculating), I would add something to clean up your tank and keep your roots clean. There are basically three ways to do this: Enzymatic (ie: hygrozyme), microbial (ie. hydro guard), chemical (ie. h2o2 aka hydrogen peroxide).

As it's your first hydro grow, I would only add liquid kool bloom to that list (it's only for the bloom cycle so you have some time to ponder it). Assuming your doing everything right, your plants will grow fine with just the three part and calmag, but if you add the liquid kool bloom during bloom (properly), you'll have better flowers in general. If you are going to have a reservoir (of if you're going to be recirculating), I would add something to clean up your tank and keep your roots clean. There are basically three ways to do this: Enzymatic (ie: hygrozyme), microbial (ie. hydro guard), chemical (ie. h2o2 aka hydrogen peroxide).

Thanks for the advice, I'll defs get the kool bloom, and i'll look into the other chemicals

Looking at CANNA CANNAZYM as the Enzymatic

quick question How often Would i need to change water / Neuts in a flood Drain System? ... About 50ltr Res with 4 plants

Thanks for the advice, I'll defs get the kool bloom, and i'll look into the other chemicals

Looking at CANNA CANNAZYM as the Enzymatic

quick question How often Would i need to change water / Neuts in a flood Drain System? ... About 50ltr Res with 4 plants

Haven't tried cannazym, but I've liked every canna product I've ever tried.

As for the nutrients, it really depends on how you run the system. I know people that run recirculating systems at high PPM and then dilute with ro water to keep the water line at the same level as the plants drink the water. Personally, I run mine at low PPM and add low PPM nutrients to keep the water line up. It has alot to do with your own grow space and style of growing.

You should always start with low PPM solution when you first start the plants anyway, so you'll be able to work the PPM up as your plants grow and, if you have a keen eye, you can pick out the sweet spot for your set up.

EDIT: Generally, its good to change a recirculating res every week or two, if not even more frequently.

Back
Top Bottom