Aeroponics Pics Veg stage

sactown 420

Aeroponic pics from early stage day 1 to day 30 in veg stage.
Also are pics of the roots of 1 plant at day 30.
More pics to come within 60 days.

Mar26th.JPG

IMG_2100.JPG

IMG_2090.JPG

that last one looks like a forrest

wow now thats a grow. reminds me of trailer park boys.

that is some fonominal growth in 30 days man, you should be proud. Please tell us a bit more about areoponics, and your set up, or post a linik.
Vin

Nice! I like that setup! Man Aero is a great way to go if you can check it at least every other day. It's the 2nd fastest way to go isn't it? I think the nutrient film is the absolute fastest we have today for indoor.

Don't you love how fast aero grows stuff? I have a little 9 plant SOG-intended aero setup in a "converted" office supplies cabinet and I only got to veg for 3 weeks before they were 9"+ tall and had an amazing set of roots on them. I flowered them, and it's barely 2 months since I planted seeds and I think I will be harvesting in 2 to 3 weeks. Heh, my first aero, so I am just absolutely floored at it's speed.

a·non·y·mous said:
what is aeroponics ? ,.. i kno that sounds dumb... but i dont know more than the basics of growin..

Aeroponics is where you have your plants roots suspended in a dark chamber that is kept at nearly 100% relative humidity via misters or small aerator sprayers (I don't think regular "sprinkler" types are adequate). Mine uses a little electric part out of those steamless misters, does a 10 micron particle fog. It is phenomenally fast, but you do have to monitor your solution fairly close to keep PH in the right range and ppm in the right range and change it frequently (I do every two weeks religiously). It doesn't take long using out of balance solution to kill whole crop. So, you trade speed for attention. But if you have the attention, gah..it's fast! You do notice deficiencies typically in a few days or a week, and can correct them just as fast though, which is cool, depending on if the deficiency is for mobile or immobile.

thanks greenthumbsup: that helps a lot. Do you think you could put up a close up pic of these misters some time? How much do they (or their function) resemble an arisol device that asthmatics use to give themselves breathing treatments? Also, what do you mean by mobile vs immobile definciencies?
Vin

a·non·y·mous said:
ok i see.... it seems like its for experienced growers ,... lol... well best of luck w/ ur grow..

I'm doing my first indoor aeroponically, it's not really hard once you get the hang of it. Heh, keeping my PH and PPM balanced was the hard part at first when adding refreshers between solution changes, but you get the hang of it after a week or so.

I admit, I am really good with outdoor plants and have been bonsai'ing just about anything I can as well over the years (havn't tried MJ yet, but I have my eye on a mother that would be a really cute bonsai in between clone work. heh).

But, if you are good with your garden and plants already, you could do aero easy, you just have to think in double-time versus soil because they do really seem to grow 2x or more faster.

vintner said:
thanks greenthumbsup: that helps a lot. Do you think you could put up a close up pic of these misters some time? How much do they (or their function) resemble an arisol device that asthmatics use to give themselves breathing treatments? Also, what do you mean by mobile vs immobile definciencies?
Vin

I don't have a good pic of a mister (website catalog pics are all). I can't take a pic of mine because it's surrounded by a nest of glistening ivory roots, all you can see is the red light slightly through the fog. However, go to green coast hydro or any of your favorite hydro stores and look for aeroponics. They will show you the sprinkler type and www.sunlightsheds.com may have a catalog picture of their mister. It's more like a steamless vaporizor (but just the part that spits out the fog) or some are like little sprinkler heads. As for the vapirozor an asthmatic uses, I'm sure it works on the same principle in that it turns a liquid into 10 micron or less particles or such. Of course, the one I have is in floating in a 20 gallon resevoir so it has to spit out a lot of mist. You can see it comming up through netpot holes when you lift them up...heh like a london fog.

Mobile versus Immobile deficiencies...
From what I understand, there are nutrients that plants use that they can move around where needed, such as N, P, or K. there are other ones that are immobile, meaning the plant cant snatch them from say, big useless fan leaves at the bottom of the plant. I believe, without going to get my book, magnesium is an example of an immobile. If your plant can't get magnesium at a growth site (i.e. new growth), the new growth will grow with the deficiency, and you can't really fix it with more magnesium. More magnesium will, however, make sure newer growth will have it present for use as it develops. This is at the cellular level too, so if you catch such a deficiency in time, it can appear like it goes away because newer cells surround the deficient ones. LOL at least that my theory. I think most micro nutes are immobile while the main ones are mobile.

I thing George Cerventes has a good explanation in his books, spec the indoor hort book. He and Ed Rosenthal are my horticultural dieties heh...

Thanks for all the info GreenThumbsUp. Aero sounds even more labor intensive than hydro. That's ok though. I'm here to gleen as much education as possible. A schematic of your set up would be nice some time. Pics too. No hurry though. DOO keep us posted on your plants progress though. An aero grow journal sounds really good to me.
Vin

I will post some pics of the flowering stage..it is now 30 days into flowering stage and the pics really do no justice on how they really look. These are just completely crystalized and very pungent.

now is aeroponics considered faster then hydro in terms of the amount of time from start to finish?

Its supposed to cut down the time by 1-2 weeks...the way I see it is if you take your time and get great results its all worth it

Back
Top Bottom