Soil Vs Hydro

Soil Vs Hydro

• Soil

Votes: 110 46.4%
  • Hydroponics

Votes: 127 53.6%

• Total voters

Brett2theMax

Where do you think the Highest quality of bud can be produced?

You can do all orgainic either but I think you get something with the soil that you don't with hydro, and that is the dirt. I feel like the soil itself can actually contribute to the over all flavor of the bud, something that just water and nutrients cannot do. Maybe if you put some juice in your hydro system, You should try that Shavogrrl :laughtwo:.

So what do you all think? Remember Quality not Quantity.

The highest quality bud would be hydro for its ability to have the plant absorb the nutes and water better.
Just a opinion from a hydro guy.

I always wondered why street prices differentiated (sp?) between "killer budz" & "Dro" Isn't the difference between the two only the method it's grown? I mean can't Schwagg weed be grown in a hydro setup just as easily as killer budz? and if so, would it be considered "Dro" or "Schwagg?"

well considering i have only grown with soil. i cant say hydro, besides, soil mediums are easy when you dont have as much time to commit to your grow(i.e people that work alot).

LOL, we are at 50/50.

I would think having the watering and lighting systems all timed would be less of a strain than soil.
Just seems more controllable, hydro.
But me, having a time with soil grows (Im a bit messy with all the dirt.) I have to try hydro to see whihc one I personally prefer.
And as for smoking either of the two.. as I said earlier- I need samples of both. Seems like that would be the defining moment there. I never know what I am getting. Thats why I will be happy to harvest my own.And when (if) I move to Cali, they have freakin menus!!!.. so.. :)

I just wanted to see the general concensus.

I always wondered why street prices differentiated (sp?) between "killer budz" & "Dro" Isn't the difference between the two only the method it's grown? I mean can't Schwagg weed be grown in a hydro setup just as easily as killer budz? and if so, would it be considered "Dro" or "Schwagg?"
Prob Dro.Ive heard that even mexically swag is pretty good before it gets all raped, and all the crystals get lost from compacting it so much.So if you took good care of a swag plant,It might not be DANK but probably not too bad either.;)

I've only grown hydro. I chose hydro because it seemed to me that it would be a lot easier to control. Soil seems really dirty to me. I grow indoors, so I don't want a bunch of "dirt" in here! Of course, outdoors, I would choose to grow in soil.

It seems that people who grow in soil SWEAR by it. Has there been any experiments that have grown soil and hydro using climate and light as control factors?

If you could do a soil grow and a hydro grow at the same time, using the same type of light and the temperature and humidity was the same...etc, it would be interesting to see what the difference would be.

I am assuming here you mean soil outdoors.
I think indoor/hydro is good for the growers who are hands-on hobbyists, enthusiast, or breeders. It involves a lot of mothering so a bond does develop between grower and plant. I guess outdoors is like being a surrogate mum lol.
As for best buds. From a gardeners point of view, outdoors is best. You simply cannot beat the sun. The quality and size of a sun grown bud, where all other factors are met, is profound.
The buds are bigger, "richer", danker and more vibrant.
Put a human in a humidicrib and feed him through a IV drip only and see what you end up with at the end of the grow cycle.
My conclusion then is that the sun is best, even though I grow indoors at the moment. Soil over hydro for flavour.

soil tastes best, followed by cocos, then hydro...

the yield may (and I do stress MAY) be bigger on cocos or hydro but tastewise you can ALWAYS pick out the organic soil grown weed out of the bunch...

in case you don't believe me, one of the main reasons people here LOVE to smoke decent homegrown is because all coffeeshop weed is grown on hydro and just isn't as tasty, some shope even sell organic/soil grown weed, for a big mark up...but hey at least hey ARE offering it :p

now ofc a good grower on cocos will prolly still make better tasting bud than an idiot on soil so.....

my 2c

sly

Soil !:smokin:

For the highest quality bud, I'd prefer the soil medium to the hydroponic setup simply because organic soil grows taste and smell better (of course, in my opinion). Soil is much easier to maintain with a busy work schedule, but hydro definitely has the advantage when it comes to controlling exactly what the plant receives in terms of nutrient levels. I am currently employing both methods in my Soma's NYCD grow. Check out my journal!

I'm a new grower,so i don't know a lot about either. but, i vote soil because it seems more natural, easier and cheaper to start out with. as far as smoking quality, the most potent weed i've ever smoked was hydro, but it just didn't taste right, kind of like chemicals. i don't need the highest potency. i want natural, clean, good bud.

Back
Top Bottom