Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Correct PH for an indoor hydro setup

MashItUp

Correct PH for an indoor hydro setup

whats the correct ph to stay at in order for your plants to thrive in an indoor hydro system?

Re: correct PH for an indoor hydro setup

no less then 5 or over 6.5

buy A PH TESTER KIT AND U FIGURE IT OUT QUICK,.

MashItUp

i have had it at 6.1 to 6.3 for a while now, but i recently have had multiple sources tell me that it should b between 6.5 and 7 for best results. Im a bit puzzled as i had multiple sources before that confirmed 5.8 to 6.3. any other opionions would be helpful, and if anyone has had real results please let me know that so i can be more sure it truly will be ok.

5.8 to 6.0 is the best range for hydro. 6.5 to 7.0 is for soil. You will be fine in hydro from 5.5 to 6.5. I get ph burns if my ph gets to 6.5-7.0

MashItUp

ive never heard not over 6, i read ed rosethals ask ed book and he said 6.1 to 6.3

I start at around 5.5 then let it rise to about 6.3 before lowering it back down to 5.5. The gradual rise in ph is beneficial to your plants. As the ph rises it allows your plants to take in different nutrients. If your serious about growing I suggest you get a digital ph tester. Good luck!
    josh223 and provape like this.

MashItUp

first ive heard of letting it rise gradually. and i dont know y everyone assumes i dont have a digital ph tester. i have one its nice, and i am well aware of my ph and ppm, but i just keep getting contradicting answers and it appears there is no clear cut answer to this question. i have done well at 6.0 to 6.3 i think i might just stick with it. and my ph varies at times but i change my resevoir everyweek, and it ussually just stays around where i put it when i fill the resevoir.

when you ask a question on the forums. You will get different answers. Some answers will be from somebody who heard of how to do it. Some will be from people who read of how to do it and some will be from people who have experience on how to do it. You have to take it all in and decide for yourself the best ph value to use when your growing your own crop. You say your doing well with 6 - 6.3. You can either stay with that value or you can try and drop it down to 5.5 and see if you get better results. Basically, your not going to get the same (correct) answer from everyone who replys to your question. Good luck with your grow

MashItUp

my second post mentioned id prefer if only people with real expierence answered. since you do have that, i appreciate the help and at least i know a range that will not really damage my team. thanks again, to everyone who replied.

Mash this is my first hydro grow so I don't have a lot of experience with this but I had ph problems in vegging having my ph to high. I don't have a digital tester so I have to color match mine to get it to the 5.5 6.5 range but trust me to high of a ph will burn your plants horribly. I have never had my ph to low so I don't know if the burns are the same. Also I had fluctuating ph and I was told this should not be. Are you using rock wool cubes? IF so did you pre soak them. The reason why I ask is because my vegging room had a fluctuating ph because I didn't pre treat the cubes. In flowering my ph has never changed. Also it it makes you feel better mash I knew you had a digital tester when you said you had you're ph at 6.1 to 6.3

MashItUp

Quote Originally Posted by Spliff Twister
    Mash this is my first hydro grow so I don't have a lot of experience with this but I had ph problems in vegging having my ph to high. I don't have a digital tester so I have to color match mine to get it to the 5.5 6.5 range but trust me to high of a ph will burn your plants horribly. I have never had my ph to low so I don't know if the burns are the same. Also I had fluctuating ph and I was told this should not be. Are you using rock wool cubes? IF so did you pre soak them. The reason why I ask is because my vegging room had a fluctuating ph because I didn't pre treat the cubes. In flowering my ph has never changed. Also it it makes you feel better mash I knew you had a digital tester when you said you had you're ph at 6.1 to 6.3
    Yeah i actually have more expierence then you do. I just know that the plants picks up certain nutrients at certain ph levels, and i was wondering it there was some difinitive answer that i was unaware of. But i guess i was not, i dont get any burn and i have had issues on a smaller scale with a lower ph, but i have never had a problem with high ph as i monitor it pretty religously. and i dont use rockwool for anything but clones and im aware of the soaking them stage. I think i'll just stay with what has worked i havent had any issues lately.

bump cuz I got the same question, yes I know I'm bringing back a dead thread, no need to start a new one on the same subject... Are we in agreement that your hydro pH should be around 5.8-6.3 during flowering??? I know Nitrogen is the primary nutrient used in flowering and from the charts I have, nitrogen becomes "fully" available at 6.0 correct??
    When you take from those who will and give to those who won't, a democracy will cease to exist. When half of the people get the idea that they don't have to work b/c the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work b/c somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

correct. Also, unless you calibrate your ph tester often then your readings can be off slightly. That's another reason why it's a good idea to let your ph value swing from 5.8 - 6.3.... 5.5 - 6.5 wouldn't really hurt either.

No problem bringing back old threads. I highly recommend it rather then cluttering up the boards with duplicate threads.

just the answer I was looking for Stix, we can always count on you for a quick and informative answer!!
    When you take from those who will and give to those who won't, a democracy will cease to exist. When half of the people get the idea that they don't have to work b/c the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work b/c somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

Thanks for the compliment. I was searching the internet for a chart to post in this thread and in doing so I came across a thread already posted on these forums that's a complete guide to PH and how it affects your plants. Take a look.

CF and PH levels, And troubleshooting plant problems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast