Ebb and gro questions

w3rdup

Couple of questions but i couldnt find anything. Using ebb and gro setup with GH Nutes. Would you use the formula given on the bottles to feed? Know when using a aeroflow system, using half of what was stated on the bottle was the route to go. Also what is the best timer to set the fill/drain? Every 4 hrs??

I think that GH has a website that has a feeding schedule using GH products for all phases of the feeding cycle. Observe your plants and adjust accordingly.

Couple of questions but i couldnt find anything. Using ebb and gro setup with GH Nutes. Would you use the formula given on the bottles to feed? Know when using a aeroflow system, using half of what was stated on the bottle was the route to go. Also what is the best timer to set the fill/drain? Every 4 hrs??

PM stix he is using the same system with GH 3 part series nutes. I'm sure he'll help you out. I beleive he just follows whats on the bottles.

Will do, I wasnt sure because I know it kinda depends on the system you use. For an aeroflow was using half the dosage of the 3part series.

I will be putting up a thread soon about the Cap Ebb & Gro system. I've been getting alot of PM's about it lately and think it will benefit everyone if I start a thread on it. This way everyone can post how they use it and what kinda results each of us is getting. In the mean time I'll post a chart calculator you can look at. I basically follow this chart to a T. You may wanna start out using the chart at 1/2 strength and work your way up.

FEEDING CHART

EDIT: I use Diamond Nectar at 1/2 strength due to the fact it's hardly concentrated at all. It would cost a fortune to use it at there recommended strength. Sometimes I don't even use it at all.

you should definately put up a thread on the ebb and grow. i just purchased the system but its my first time growing and im barely learnin all the basics so any advise would be helpful

Sounds like you know your stuff, YES please share, I'll be watchin, I love plain 'n' simple talk ( insert quote here, ha, wish I could use this computer better) :smokin:

Beware: Using Organic nutrients with this system can cause clogs in the lines. Organic nutes are much thicker then chemical nutes. I was inquiring about organic nutes at my local hydroponic store and the guy told me about problems with organic nutes in this system as well as aeroponic systems. He particulary said that Earth Juice nutrients are extremely thick.

You may need to replace or clean your lines after each grow. At the very least every other grow. Build up will happen no matter what nutrients your using. I usually replace my lines every other grow to avoid disaster. I would definately get yourself a moisture meter so you can periodically check your buckets when the cycle is filling.

tell me bout the moisture meter, I have no issue changing my lines as ness, jeez for what ive spent WTF is some more hose, I just got 3 6 pot add ons. My ultimate goal is to use a second ebb for veg and just drop the pots into bloom and keep cycling. any thoughts?

The moisture meter I have is basically a cheap light meter/moisture meter combo. It has a metal probe on a wire. I just push the probe into the hydroton and it tells me if the bucket has filled up or not. I'll get you the info later tonight after I go down and see what brand it is.

As far as your plan to use 2 Ebbs. That's exactly what I plan to do in the spring. I'm thinking about phasing out my need for mothers. I'll take clones about 21 days into flower and put them right into my veg EBB. This will give them time to adjust and grow roots and be ready when the others are harvested. Should be able to harvest every 2 months. The bucket inside bucket design is perfect for this. Only time I'll need mothers is when I introduce a new strain.

Just tie her down and she'll do fine. Little LST won't hurt her. :grinjoint:
Here's the tester I have. It doesn't use batteries. It just....works?

rapitest.jpg

Is the rockwool supposed to some what float a little while the system is on flood? I mean they're only a week old so still small, i'm guessing as they get bigger they'll hold themselves down but I wasnt sure if there was to much water or not enough medium in it? Or is that how it's supposed to look at this point?

Sorry took so long to respond. I don't always answer the questions right away. Sometimes I come back later on in the day when I have more time to answer them. And ofcourse, I forgot completly about yours.

I usually run about 300 PPM for clones into early veg.
600-800 PPM for veg.
900-1400 for flowering. I start out at 900 and work my way up through flowering. later into flowering I do have PPM spikes due to the loss of water from the plants uptake.

Back
Top Bottom