Nutrient regime for 12/12 grow

POTential

Hey Guys!

The site format has changed since I have last been to 420mag so I hope this is a valid thread for my question. I have done a fair amount of research regarding my concern and have found little that deals with it directly. For growers with limited space requirements, growing plants under a 12/12 light schedule from seed is a viable option. I myself have completed numerous successful grows (indoor soil) under such conditions. However, with a 12/12 light schedule the plants are forced to flower quickly, making applying nutrients very tricky. Without the obvious vegetative vs flowering stages I am wondering if anybody has a reliable method for using nutrients. For example, the window for using nitrogen is very small as plants will begin to flower in less than 3 weeks from sprouting.

Remembering this is an indoor soil grow, what are your suggestions?

Its always best to follow the manufacturers recommendation for feeding. I recommend starting ur plants on a watered down version of what's recommended to see how ur plants react 1st maybe testing on 1 or 2 plants. As far as switching from veg to bloom ur plants will require less nitrogen and more phosphorus and potassium. U definitely want to switch to a bloom formula. If u could provide the brand and name of the nutes ur using that would be extremely helpful. Some people flush the medium b4 switching from veg to bloom, it all depends upon ur growing methods.

Its always best to follow the manufacturers recommendation for feeding. I recommend starting ur plants on a watered down version of what's recommended to see how ur plants react 1st maybe testing on 1 or 2 plants. As far as switching from veg to bloom ur plants will require less nitrogen and more phosphorus and potassium. U definitely want to switch to a bloom formula. If u could provide the brand and name of the nutes ur using that would be extremely helpful. Some people flush the medium b4 switching from veg to bloom, it all depends upon ur growing methods.

Hi BWC, I think what he was getting at (cause I have a similar concern also doing a 12/12 grow) is when you switch from Vegging nutes to flowering nutes. It's not as clear on a 12/12 system since there is no vegging stage (at least via light cycles). Right now creeping up on 3 weeks I'm still using flowering nutes but figure once they've all sexed and flowering is in full swing I'm going to switch to flowering nutes, but it'll be done by eye essentially, letting the plants make the decision for me.

At least that's what I'm hoping. :)

Cheers!

Indicana.

Thanks for pointing that out Indianica. in that case I'd say the soils has enough for them for up to 3-4 weeks w/out nutes depending upon the pot size and type of soil. Don't use Miracle Grow soils. Then once plants mature and begin flowering give em a bloom formula at half strength of the manufacturers instructions. At least while thinking about it this makes sense to me. I have no practical experience in doing so, but I don't mind brainstorming with u guys until some1 with some real expertise in this area comes along if u all don't mind.

Thanks for pointing that out Indianica. in that case I'd say the soils has enough for them for up to 3-4 weeks w/out nutes depending upon the pot size and type of soil. Don't use Miracle Grow soils. Then once plants mature and begin flowering give em a bloom formula at half strength of the manufacturers instructions. At least while thinking about it this makes sense to me. I have no practical experience in doing so, but I don't mind brainstorming with u guys until some1 with some real expertise in this area comes along if u all don't mind.

Hey, the more heads the better! I'm at day 25 from the day they went into paper towel and I think of 11 plants I have 2 males for sure and 1 maybe 2 females showing as well. Currently I'm feeding Advanced Iguana Juice at 25-33% with some molasses and silica and they seem to love it. I'm going to keep up the vegatative nutes (thinking of going to 50%) until they've all sexed and then start with a weak mix of Iguana bloom.

Cheers!

Indicana.

Hey, the more heads the better! I'm at day 25 from the day they went into paper towel and I think of 11 plants I have 2 males for sure and 1 maybe 2 females showing as well. Currently I'm feeding Advanced Iguana Juice at 25-33% with some molasses and silica and they seem to love it. I'm going to keep up the vegatative nutes (thinking of going to 50%) until they've all sexed and then start with a weak mix of Iguana bloom.

Cheers!

Indicana.

Well I have found that in general using maxibloom plants under 6" will only need about 2.5 grams or 1/2 tsp per gal and once they are over 6" bring the nutrients up to about 5 grams per gal I personally water till run off using promix bx when feeding and the next watering is just with ph adjusted water to 6.2 and I use about half the water I used when I fed of course all strains have a different metabolism and will use more or less but I have found this is a good general feed method for all strains as a baseline, With the 12/12 regime I would add Liquid KoolBloom once the plant is showing it has entered flower at 2.5ml per gal increasing each watering by 2.5 ml till you reach 10ml per gal by my figuring you should be at full strength just after the second week of agressive bloom .

Maybe there should be a 12/12 from seed forum here on 420. It seems to be growing in popularity with more and more MMJ growers who have limited space.

I'm currently doing the same thing. I have a 707 Headband that's been under 12/12 since a sprout. I was curious also about how I should go about feeding grow then bloom nutes as well.

I did pretty much the same thing as you all are mentioning. I figured it needs to grow for some weeks before flowering sets in. I also read it takes the sprout about 2-3 weeks to start flower.

I did the usual plain ph'd water with a bit of FloraBlend vegan tea (I use General Hydroponic nutes) for the first water. The next couple of weeks half strength grow. At the third, almost fourth week I used half strength grow and half strength bloom. By the end of week four I was feeding bloom only along with the other GH nutes for flower, KoolBloom and Floranector.

Results have been good. This girls has been on 12/12 from seed for 5 weeks now, 24" tall as of today. I thought I would be saving space by going 12/12 from seed, guess I need to do an Indica next time lol.

707_001.jpg

707_002.jpg

Maybe there should be a 12/12 from seed forum here on 420. It seems to be growing in popularity with more and more MMJ growers who have limited space.

I'm currently doing the same thing. I have a 707 Headband that's been under 12/12 since a sprout. I was curious also about how I should go about feeding grow then bloom nutes as well.

I did pretty much the same thing as you all are mentioning. I figured it needs to grow for some weeks before flowering sets in. I also read it takes the sprout about 2-3 weeks to start flower.

I did the usual plain ph'd water with a bit of FloraBlend vegan tea (I use General Hydroponic nutes) for the first water. The next couple of weeks half strength grow. At the third, almost fourth week I used half strength grow and half strength bloom. By the end of week four I was feeding bloom only along with the other GH nutes for flower, KoolBloom and Floranector.

Results have been good. This girls has been on 12/12 from seed for 5 weeks now, 24" tall as of today. I thought I would be saving space by going 12/12 from seed, guess I need to do an Indica next time lol.

707_001.jpg

707_002.jpg
Very nice girls did u do any fimming or topping?

Back
Top Bottom