Thread: Sunshine advanced mix #4 questions?

Member of the Month - September 2013 shottafire's Avatar

Sunshine advanced mix #4 questions?

Should I treat SAM#4 like soil? If so what would the recommended ph be for my nute mix?

Also is it necessary to add a liitle more dolomite lime to what is already in the mix?

anyone using this stuff?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Re: sunshine advanced mix #4 questions?

I have used SUnshine #4 for a long time and never had any PH issues. I make sure my nutes are at about 6.5 Good luck and happy growing

Quote Originally Posted by shottafire View Post
    Should I treat SAM#4 like soil? If so what would the recommended ph be for my nute mix?

Also is it necessary to add a liitle more dolomite lime to what is already in the mix?

anyone using this stuff?

Any and all help is appreciated.
    I've been using this stuff for almost a year now. I used to use promix XP. I mix it ( the big bundle) with 2 bags of roots organic. I also add a little bit of perlite to the mix to spread it out a bit. I add bat guano to the dirt mix as well. I have not seen any ph issues with this mix or the sunshine when used alone. I use straight Sunshine 4 with all of my begging plants in 4" pots. They can go 3 weeks sometimes without showing signs of deficiency. By the way I use tap water( 6.9 ph). And I use the full earth juice line at full strength.

when do i find this kind of stuff ur talking about any help be great ty

Used it for my first three grows; loved it; didn't add anything but mychorrizae and it was fine. I'd use it exactly like already prepared soil; no additives (perlite doesn't hurt, but the #4 mix has good drainage as is). And there's enough nutrients in the mix to last a few weeks. I start the seed out with a 4" peat pot with seed starter mix and by the time the plant's roots have broken through the side of the pot I figure it should be able to handle the nutes already in the mix. Then I wait to see signs of need before I add more nutrients.